Hershey's Baking Chips!

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 9th, 2007, 06:59 PM
Nicole_M's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jewel had a one day sale on Hershey's chocolate chips for baking--99 cents a bag! It was limit 2 so DH came with me.

I got:
<blockquote>

2 gallons of milk
2 boxes of butter
2 bags of Hershey's chips
</blockquote>

all for $6.45 (I had a $5 coupon from the Proctor and Gamble deal last week).

DH's transaction was
<blockquote>

2 bags of Hershey's chips
2 boxes of Keebler cookies BOGO
</blockquote>

his total was $4.43.

Then we went to Walgreens and spent $11.32 on:
<blockquote>

3 tubs of Mr. Clean wipes
4 cans of Campbell's soup for the food drive at work
3 boxes of Puff's tissues.
</blockquote>

DH was surprised I spent so much at Walgreens, but the 3 tubs of Mr. Clean wipes would have been over $12 alone. They are regulary $3.79 and I got them for $1.99 each.

So for the day I spent $22.20 and saved $27.35.
December 9th, 2007, 07:04 PM
CBMS
Great job!!

You saved over 50% woohoo!
December 9th, 2007, 07:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to GinaOfAllTrades
That is great! Good job!!!
December 9th, 2007, 07:27 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
Oh! I need chocolate chips! Hmmm ... come on Meijer, discount some baking goods for me!

Great job on the catch, Nicole.
December 9th, 2007, 07:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Nice job!
December 10th, 2007, 01:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Oh! I need chocolate chips! Hmmm ... come on Meijer, discount some baking goods for me!

Great job on the catch, Nicole.[/b]
Please have them on sale soon so Mandi can mail some cookies
December 10th, 2007, 06:30 PM
Right, Lorna is hungry and in need of some klepto mail cookies. I have to have 1/2 the baking done by the 20th ... come on people ... I need chips!
December 10th, 2007, 07:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I only have 2 kinds of cookies left to make! One is the cutout kind that I helped my grandma with (I make one batch of them here) and the other kind is kolachis which I won't make until the 22nd (we don't like them bt I take them to the ILs).
December 10th, 2007, 07:16 PM
gctattoo
Quote:
I only have 2 kinds of cookies left to make! One is the cutout kind that I helped my grandma with (I make one batch of them here) and the other kind is kolachis which I won't make until the 22nd (we don't like them bt I take them to the ILs).[/b]
Kris! You make kolache?! (there are so many ways to spell that word! ) Do your IL's have a Slovak or Czech background? I'm half Slovak and I grew up eating kolache for every occasion. My grandma passed down her recipes to my sister. The only ones I know how to make are the jam thumbprints. It irritates me whenever I see the recipe on a jar of jam, as if Smuckers came up with the recipe. It's been around for possibly hundreds of years.

You don't like them? Maybe you just haven't had the really good ones. Ever tried the poppyseed? Yummy!

December 10th, 2007, 07:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
MIL was born in Poland. She and FIL were penpals (she had them in several different countries to practice her languages-she knows about 10-12 and used to fluently speak them). FIL went to visit her once, then she planned on coming for a 3 month visit. Well, they married instead. She hasn't been back since-that was 1969! Hubby is 100% Polish. I also happen to be 5/8 Polish!

I just have a recipe off then net. I'm not a big jam person so that's probably why I don't like them.
December 11th, 2007, 04:22 AM
Can I just say that I hate making kolache? Mine always fall apart for some crazy awful reason, idk. They aren't bad to eat, but I leave the making to other people. I only fail at baking something twice and then it's off the list ... except fudge ... which I try and fail every time. I'm stubborn.
December 11th, 2007, 05:05 AM
Nicole_M's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've been meaning to make kolachkis. I already bought the strawberry and apricot jam. MMMMMM, maybe I'll make them for Saturday.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search