Don't you love when you can share?

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 9th, 2007, 08:05 PM
Nicole_M's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We finished up our Christmas shopping on Saturday. JCPenney sent me two copuons $10 off $50 and $15 off $75.

I barely got to $50 to use the $10 (had to throw a $2 toy in there to get to $50) and passed the $15 off one to the lady behind me who had a ton of kid's clothes. She was so grateful. Thanked me twice. Doesn't it feel good when you can share the savings?

December 9th, 2007, 08:13 PM
gctattoo
That was so sweet of you!

I also like to do things like that. I've given coupons to people in grocery stores before. And given coupon/sales advice as well. I even helped out a customer at CVS while waiting for a manager to do my Nova Max transaction--explaining how to use her phone number when she couldn't find her CVS card and how the sale prices would show up after she did that. I felt so useful.
December 9th, 2007, 08:19 PM
I try to get my friend's on board with saving money/CVS, but they're just not interested. It's frustrating sometimes!
December 9th, 2007, 08:23 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
It's coupon karma, and it rocks! I give out coupons at will, and people largely think I'm crazy, but I love those moments when they really really appreciate it. Good for you!
December 9th, 2007, 08:28 PM
Coupon Karma--I love it!
December 9th, 2007, 08:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That's awesome of you Nicole-and very generous-I bet she was totally thanking you and will be talking about you for days!

I gave away some cough drops and caramels tonight (form the WAG deal and leftover from a candy I made). I gave them to my neighbor-I think they think I'm crazy for all my coupons/deals and such. Oh well! I'd rather be crazy and have $ left over than "normal" with no money!
December 9th, 2007, 08:46 PM
gctattoo
Quote:
I'd rather be crazy and have $ left over than "normal" with no money![/b]
Ditto!

Nicole, I get a little frustrated too when I try to explain the whole concept of couponing to other people. I just don't know why they wouldn't want to save money. They have lots of excuses why not to do it, but then complain they're broke. Gee...I wonder why.
December 9th, 2007, 08:47 PM
CBMS
I like it when they don't look at you as though you've insulted them... I've had that happen. Actually being told they don't "need a coupon" when they have the item the coupon is for in their basket already! Imagine--so much money that it just doesn't matter if you save 3 bucks...

When they appreciate it, yes... I love it.
December 9th, 2007, 09:06 PM
Quote:
I like it when they don't look at you as though you've insulted them... I've had that happen. Actually being told they don't "need a coupon" when they have the item the coupon is for in their basket already! Imagine--so much money that it just doesn't matter if you save 3 bucks...

When they appreciate it, yes... I love it. [/b]
How rude! That would definitely turn me off from wanting to help someone else the next time the opportunity came up. Stupid people.
December 9th, 2007, 11:37 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
Who is really SO cashed up that they can't save a couple dollars? Do they actually go home and burn money? That's what I envision those who look insulted doing. They must heat their homes with paper currency, like idiots. Or, I envision them paying their gigantic and overbearing credit card bills forever as they obviously don't *get it* yet. I, however, am evil.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search