Pictures with Santa

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 11th, 2007, 05:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Do you take your kids to get their picture taken with Santa? How much does it cost you (in time and money)?
December 11th, 2007, 06:06 AM
CBMS
I was at the mall yesterday for lunch, and Santa was there with no lines and no waiting... we could have had Maddie's picture taken. I asked how much, and the cheapest (which was 2 5x7's) was 17.99! I was like, "oh...that's a lot for a couple pictures with Santa!" We asked Maddie if she wanted to sit on Santa's lap, and she said, "NO." It was definite. We asked her several times. She was NOT interested.
December 11th, 2007, 06:35 AM
Nicole_M's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Our Walgreen's had free 5 x 7s on one day from 12-3. I got there at 11:30, made DH wait in line (we were the first), did my shopping, took our picture and left!
December 11th, 2007, 06:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
The Santas at the mall are ridiculous in price and usually in how long you have to wait too! Luckily our HOA has a party for the kiddos and they have a Santa there, so we do it there and best of all it's free! They take a Polaroid pic for you but we always bring our own camera too to make sure we get a good shot! But this year the airport is having Breakfast with Santa so we're going to that instead. It'll be 20 bucks, but it is also a fundraiser to help get an aviation museum built, so it's worth it. (We didn't go to their big fundraiser-a dinner/auction that's like 100 bucks a person!)
December 11th, 2007, 08:23 AM
LindseyMarie's Avatar Professionally Awesome
Send a message via AIM to LindseyMarie
Our priceless santa experience cost us 10 bucks for a 5x7.

After years of trying, 2 years of fertility meds, multiple surgeries, blood draws and needle sticks, some awful pre-IVF complications, and endometriosis and PCOS,
We are done TTC. Praying for peace as we accept this...
Hoping for some comfort after our most recent (and 3rd) surgery and starting Lupron!

December 11th, 2007, 08:28 AM
Veteran
Mall pics are soo expensive. But we still usually take the kids and get one pic taken anyways. This year though... he he... DH's best friend has to be Santa at his moms restaurant on Thursday. So we are so going to be there. IT ought to be great, this is a guy I would never imagine being Santa!!

Amanda - mommy to Madison 7, Anthony 4, Harrison 1 and step-mom to Nick 8.</div>
December 11th, 2007, 10:25 PM
mommyinky's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Last time we went I think it was $15 for a 5x7. I think we're going to try to go to a different mall though where they have a better looking Santa (Dane is already starting to ask questions , so I don't want to take him to see our ghetto Santa!). I'm not sure how much they will cost there.
December 12th, 2007, 08:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
in our town santa comes around on a fire truck every year and one of the stops he makes is directly in front of our house. so we just walk outside and talk to santa. its not as formal as mall pics but we love it just the same

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search