Did it

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 11th, 2007, 10:15 AM
dingledine's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to dingledine Send a message via Yahoo to dingledine
I set up our credit union account to be online. I did the math and if we pay just 500.00 a mo. extra on our mortgage, that will take 10 years off the life of the loan. I was told at the bank if I transfered the money from the savings account (very little interest rate) to our loan (about 6.25 interest rate) on the DAY the money is due, that it will go straight to principle. Fabulous. We incidentally have 500.00 going straight into savings each month on that account, just sitting there, doing nothing, so I am going to transfer that money to our loan. I am going to also try to add that same amount or double or triple that amount each month to the loan.

Now a concern. Our 6 year old furnace is making a sound like a woodpecker. i want to have it maintained at some point... but Dh is always opposed to that.

Jewelry for yourself, or for a friend. Breastfeeding aides, beautiful bracelets, earings and more.

Store.beadsarebeautiful.com
December 11th, 2007, 04:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That's great.
December 11th, 2007, 08:18 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
So, your DH is opposed to having your furnace maintained, and likely preventing your house from burning down? Interesting ...
December 11th, 2007, 10:36 PM
mommyinky's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If only we all had our own little Mandis at our houses to talk some sense into our DHs (or to kick their shins!!!) the world would be a better place!
December 12th, 2007, 08:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy

Mandi, you know I love you right?

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/
December 12th, 2007, 08:34 AM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
B)
December 12th, 2007, 10:15 AM
dingledine's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to dingledine Send a message via Yahoo to dingledine
Quote:
So, your DH is opposed to having your furnace maintained, and likely preventing your house from burning down? Interesting ...[/b]

We decided the rattling is probably coming from something that the baby might have stuck into the vent. As for maintaining it. He thinks that the repair person might intentionally break something. Hence, the reason why his perfectly running car has never had a proper tune-up in 10 years. I however, think I will take my 5 year old car in soon, it has 40k miles on it and I believe in new spark plugs and the like. I might just call and have someone check the furnace too. I mean, he won't notice if I do, or don't. He was on the computer from 6pm - 3 am last night. To me, that is free liscense to do whatever the heck I please. Idiot woke me up too and I couldn't go back to sleep until after 5am and I had to get up to take the baby to the toliet at around 7am. I had some choice words for him this morning, after I slammed around in the bedroom a while at 7 when I got up.

As for the bank issue, I looked and noticed that they just gave me online access to my 2 childrens accounts. I think that it is possible that I am not on our account. I know the house is in DH name. I remember going in to the bank, but I think that to add me, they might have had to remove his Dad or something like that? Not sure. I will have to investigate. I was sorely discovered at my disappointed, esp. after thinking I was getting full online access to our big bad credit union account and mortgage paying access. I don't have time today or tomorrow though to do anything with it.

Jewelry for yourself, or for a friend. Breastfeeding aides, beautiful bracelets, earings and more.

Store.beadsarebeautiful.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search