Well, that wasn't very frugal of me

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 11th, 2007, 07:17 PM
gctattoo
I just spent $10 on Pogo gems. And I liked it.
December 11th, 2007, 07:19 PM
CBMS

do I dare admit that I just did that last week AND bought two of the premium badge albums?

It was fun. I've been a badgeaholic since I hit the "confirm" button.
December 11th, 2007, 07:23 PM
gctattoo
I've only chosen 4 challenges so far in my mix & match album: Lottso, Tri Peaks, Canasta, and World Class Solitaire. The World Class took about 15 minutes so that's history. I still have 120 gems left and I know DH will want to do some Poker ones. I might choose an Aces Up one as well.

They make it way too easy to spend money.
December 11th, 2007, 07:38 PM
CBMS
They sure do... easy and fun.

I spent almost every one of my gems within like 5 minutes. I have enough to buy the cheapest ones. I have a couple already, so I'm limited with my choices.
December 11th, 2007, 07:45 PM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
I used to be on pogo all the time but about a year ago I decided to get rid of my membership. Oh how I miss you pogo let me count the ways....

December 11th, 2007, 08:45 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
Chris canceled my membership. And since it was during the trial period we aren't supposed to be charged.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
December 11th, 2007, 08:56 PM
CBMS

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOO
December 11th, 2007, 08:57 PM
gctattoo
Beth, I saw that you weren't a member anymore. Was it still giving you problems? I had forgotten they had the free trials so no, you shouldn't be charged at all. I did one on another name knowing I would cancel before the end of the trial and I wasn't charged. At least you won't lose any money. But I wish it had worked for you. You can still play most of the games for free and chat too.
December 11th, 2007, 09:08 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
I used to play pogo, but only the free one. I won't pay for online gaming ... but you already probably guessed that.
December 11th, 2007, 11:21 PM
mommyinky's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I used to play Canasta on POGO all the time when it was free and I LOVED it! I was addicted, but that was before I became addicted to forums! I won't pay for online games either though, so no more canasta for me.
December 12th, 2007, 06:29 AM
Veteran
I love Pogo!! BUt I can't make myself pay for anything more than the membership. NO gems for me!! Well maybe, now I'm thinking about it! LOL DH wouldn't find out!!

Amanda - mommy to Madison 7, Anthony 4, Harrison 1 and step-mom to Nick 8.</div>
December 12th, 2007, 07:26 AM
CBMS
Quote:
I used to play Canasta on POGO all the time when it was free and I LOVED it! I was addicted, but that was before I became addicted to forums! I won't pay for online games either though, so no more canasta for me. [/b]
Where the HECK have you been, lady?

Quote:
I love Pogo!! BUt I can't make myself pay for anything more than the membership. NO gems for me!! Well maybe, now I'm thinking about it! LOL DH wouldn't find out!! [/b]
Where else can you get a year's worth of good, clean, entertainment for only 40.00? (well, it's 40 if you don't buy gems and extra stuff... but still... a YEAR of entertainment!)
December 12th, 2007, 07:30 AM
Veteran
Oh I have a membership, I just can't make myself buy any gems!! LOL

Amanda - mommy to Madison 7, Anthony 4, Harrison 1 and step-mom to Nick 8.</div>
December 12th, 2007, 07:44 AM
CBMS
yeah... but where else can you get a year of entertainment for what we pay?

Mine's more expensive than 40... I do buy gems and premium albums now and then... but still... for a whole year's worth of fun, I spend about 60 bucks. That's only 5.00 a month. Who else on here has daily entertainment at the rate of only 5.00 a month?

Pogo rocks.
December 12th, 2007, 08:04 AM
Veteran
I soooo agree!! Plus DH spends $50-60 on each PS3 game every couple months, so I feel like I deserve this!! LOL But he thinks they are stupid games!!

Not to get anyone more addicted, but have you tried Monkey Royal?? It's where you play in tournaments through POGO. It's free, as long as you keep winning to get more tokens. Here's the website, it really is alot of fun.

http://www.monkeyroyale.com/pogo/signin.php

December 12th, 2007, 12:23 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
Yeah, it was still giving me issues, and Chris was getting a bit fed up. He went looking online and concluded that the company was shady (his words, not mine). It took him forever to finally be able to cancel the membership, and then he called our bank to ensure that the charges wouldn't go through. *sigh*
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
December 12th, 2007, 12:30 PM
gctattoo
Quote:
Yeah, it was still giving me issues, and Chris was getting a bit fed up. He went looking online and concluded that the company was shady (his words, not mine). It took him forever to finally be able to cancel the membership, and then he called our bank to ensure that the charges wouldn't go through. *sigh*[/b]
That's quite funny that he thinks they're shady. I think the few hundred thousand members without problems wouldn't think that. Men are completely irrational sometimes.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search