embarassed the heck out of dh

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 11th, 2007, 07:14 PM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Dh made the mistake of taking me to the grocery store with him, lol. He was just running in for some icecream for the boys, and then stopped off in the produce dept, frozen foods section, and bottled juice. I told him from the getgo that I only had $31. Of course, he thinks that should buy the entire store, lol. So he piled stuff into the cart. I tried to keep track, but since I wasn't the one picking stuff, I didn't know how much he was spending.

Well, we got up to the checkout line, and the total was 40-something. I told the cashier that sorry, I didn't have enough and to take such-and-such off. Dh says "hey, I have the atm card, let's just use it." HELL NO! So the cashier takes whatever off, and I tell him that I'm still short, so I start digging thru the cart and pull out some fish sticks, and ask him to take that off too. Dh is flaming red at this point, and says "I have CASH!" Hmmmm....he didn't tell me that before, just that he had his atm card. So he hands me more cash and we leave. I couldn't care less, I'm used to it, and I honestly don't give a rat's booty about what ppl think--I have a budget to stick to.

Dh said he's never going shopping with me again as it's just too embarrassing.

December 11th, 2007, 07:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
HAHA! I try to leave hubby at home so he doesn't try to buy everything in sight! Will the trip put a damper on your savings for the month, since it didn't sound like a planned out trip? My savings is not too great so far this month!
December 11th, 2007, 07:27 PM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think we still saved around 50% because I kept taking stuff out of the cart and replacing it with stuff that was on sale. For example, dh picked out about 3 lbs of oranges, that would cost around $5, but there was a 10 lb bag on sale for $5.99, so I put his 3lbs back and got the 10# bag. Little stuff like that helped with the savings percentage. In fact, he did really good at only buying stuff that was on sale. Even the icecream he bought was on sale. I was very proud of him.

December 11th, 2007, 07:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well that's good. I know sometimes those husbands don't understand the method to the madness!
December 11th, 2007, 07:52 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
Serves him right ... he knows the rules.
December 11th, 2007, 07:53 PM
CBMS
He would have been REALLY embarassed to be with me today, then. I held up the line. The lady behind me kept up with her, "oh J.C." crap. I had a new cashier. He was young and little cutie, so I knew that's who I wanted to go to... I didn't know he was in training, though! I had no problem holding up the line, but the lady behind me was a real hooker... she should have just gone to another line... but I was in checkout for a loooong time. He had to void my first transaction (WIC) and start over...

Poor kid. Dumb lady. Lucky me for making it out of there with 80%.

That being said--Scott went with me once a long time back. He hated every second of it.
December 11th, 2007, 07:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
his name is DB and that is the only way he should be referred to

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/
December 11th, 2007, 07:59 PM
dingledine's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to dingledine Send a message via Yahoo to dingledine
That is funny. Unless I have the boys with me, I go alone.

Jewelry for yourself, or for a friend. Breastfeeding aides, beautiful bracelets, earings and more.

Store.beadsarebeautiful.com
December 12th, 2007, 06:54 AM
Veteran
Yeah I can't take DH with me anymore. I used coupons once at Walmart and he was about to have a heart attack!! LOL It also embarrasses him if I buy more than one pack of toilet paper. LMAO!!

Amanda - mommy to Madison 7, Anthony 4, Harrison 1 and step-mom to Nick 8.</div>
December 12th, 2007, 07:02 AM
CBMS
Quote:
his name is DB and that is the only way he should be referred to

[/b]

Quote:
Yeah I can't take DH with me anymore. I used coupons once at Walmart and he was about to have a heart attack!! LOL It also embarrasses him if I buy more than one pack of toilet paper. LMAO!![/b]

You can NEVER have too much TP. Next time, let him run out while he's in need. He'll feel better about buying lots that way. I have about 100 rolls in the garage. LOL Nobody is getting stuck on a potty at my house.
December 12th, 2007, 09:21 AM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
My dh refuses to go with me for that exact reason and he hates coupons. Although he doesn't mind the food I buy with them! lol
He went with me once and a manager had to come over to do an override for a free item and was all embarrassed by it. He complains that I hold up the lines. That's ok I don't want him to go anyway because he pays no attention to sales and buys tons of junk food but nothing you can actually make a meal out of!

December 12th, 2007, 10:51 AM
CBMS
Quote:
He went with me once and a manager had to come over to do an override for a free item and was all embarrassed by it. He complains that I hold up the lines.[/b]

I don't mind getting the line held up for an override. it's my right as a consumer to use those coupons. When people get so frustrated in line behind me... it's just because they're jealous of my ability to get so much for so little. Be jealous, hookers... be jealous.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search