I got a warning on HCW!

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 13th, 2007, 07:41 PM
gctattoo
What a joke. I say whatever I like on JM, including being very nasty sometimes and I get nada. But apparently my unethical practices are just too much to take over on HCW. There was a thread about a cashier who had put a coupon through which they shouldn't have. And the subject of peelies came up. I said how a CVS cashier had removed and pushed through peelies even though I had manu. coupons that I had intended to use instead. I said how I didn't say anything. But I guess I should've jumped over the counter and screamed at them to stop immediately. Plus I mentioned how there had been a peelie that was expired which is why I didn't try to use it. But the same cashier had pushed it through even after I said that it was expired. Again without the jumping and screaming.

So it seems I'm fraudulently using coupons by not stopping a cashier from doing things they should not be doing and that I did not tell them to do. Okay, whatever. So I edited that post to say that I'm just too unethical for their board but that's fine because I won't be posting there again. My honest opinion of the majority of people on that board is that they are crazed zealots who really don't get out of the house enough. And I've thought that since the very beginning. I'll still go over to read the posts for the deals and see the ad previews, but that's it. I'll save my posts for all my fellow unethical posters on here. This is truly another reason to love JM more.
December 13th, 2007, 07:47 PM
dingledine's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to dingledine Send a message via Yahoo to dingledine
I am sorry girl. That sucks.

Jewelry for yourself, or for a friend. Breastfeeding aides, beautiful bracelets, earings and more.

Store.beadsarebeautiful.com
December 13th, 2007, 07:58 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
That board is just... a bit much for me...
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
December 13th, 2007, 08:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Do you use the same name over on HCW? I lurk over there (mostly for previews) but there are just so many posters it seems so impersonal. I totally prefer it over here!
December 13th, 2007, 08:02 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
Lame.

Liz and I were just discussing how we don't actually post there ever because the people are bat-crap crazy. Seriously. Take a breath. They're super forceful about somethings and then totally non-chalant about others. And, does anyone ever wonder what their mods do for a living, because they're there constantly!

Stick here with us, Teri. We'll just go check out their ad scans and the like. Screw 'em otherwise.
December 13th, 2007, 08:12 PM
gctattoo
Kris, I do (did) use the same name over there.

I somehow managed to get 70 posts. Most of the stuff is just too way out there to post a reply to. Like their lists of scenarios. Now, I like to do scenarios just as much as the next person, but for MYSELF. I can't see sitting there for an hour to find ways to get nameless people an extra 10 cents off their OOP.

I agree it's just too big over there for one thing. I will help out anyone here with whatever they need. But how can they possibly forge any sort of friendship or bond with that many people? It's completely impersonal and weird.

Mandi, I was wondering the same thing about their mods. They really do have alot of computer time on their hands. And then all the time spent shopping besides! Poor kids of theirs probably never see their mothers. But then again, maybe that's a good thing...
December 13th, 2007, 08:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I love how people here share tips and such with finding coupons/deals, but I agree, I'm not about to spend tons of time trying to scrape off a nickel or 2!
December 13th, 2007, 08:36 PM
dingledine's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to dingledine Send a message via Yahoo to dingledine
I was always surprised at how much info there is for saving money there. I just don't know where they find the time to list all of the peelies and everything. Wow. I agree, that is a LOT of time.

Jewelry for yourself, or for a friend. Breastfeeding aides, beautiful bracelets, earings and more.

Store.beadsarebeautiful.com
December 13th, 2007, 09:49 PM
~Trina~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~Trina~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Trina~
They probably make a living off HCW (the admin)... although it isn't a membership site, they get $$ for all the ad clicks, different sponsors, etc. I'd bet my lift they make well more than the cost of running the site just from advertisers

"A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water." -- Eleanor Roosevelt
December 14th, 2007, 02:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I mainly lurk over there, and enter the RAOKs sometimes.

Stay here Teri, we love your fraudulent, unethical posts

They are a little too uptight about things.
December 14th, 2007, 05:24 AM
CBMS
I guess I'm a fraud too... I was at WD one day (with my new favorite cashier ringing me out; I go to him every time now ), and I had two of the free yogurt ones, and enough of the $/# ones... he had to do some by hand, but while he was waiting (for some reason they didn't want to scan--thank goodness he's familiar enough with internet coupons to know they were unique and real with individual codes and such) for the manager to get there, I had pulled out some different ones that were .40/6 which weren't as good, but still.... so he says, "I can use those too because I did these ones by hand." I tried to argue, but he won in the end, and I won in return with saving a little bit more. I tried and tried to say, "that's okay. I've already used those ones. I'm fine with that.."

ah well. I'm such an unethical fraud. No wonder we get along so well, Teri--we're peas in a pod.
December 14th, 2007, 05:59 AM
lillermom99's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thats pretty wild. Sorry about the warning! You werent doing anything wrong! The cashier should have been warned. I mean really what were you supposed to do? Grab the peelies out of his hand? Call 911?

December 14th, 2007, 06:07 AM
donomama
Call 911!

I never really post there. I use it mainly to see the previews and stuff. If I ever want to post any tips or sale and overage alerts, I do it here.
December 14th, 2007, 06:41 AM
CBMS
Quote:
Call 911!

I never really post there. I use it mainly to see the previews and stuff. If I ever want to post any tips or sale and overage alerts, I do it here. [/b]

Or set the whammy on some poor, unexpecting mommy.

I'm glad you all post here instead of there. We rock anyway. I like to look at previews there, though. Sometimes they're up on time for me to decide if I want to shop the last day of an ad or wait until the following day's ad to begin.
December 14th, 2007, 06:59 AM
dzine21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's so lame. They can bug off. I never post over there either. Just use their previews.

</div>
December 14th, 2007, 07:17 AM
soninole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Teri, that is lame. I have noticed that the mods over there are so high and mighty. I mean, I try to do the right thing most of the time but those people really think that their crap doesn't stink. I only use them for the ad previews and to get some ideas.

December 14th, 2007, 08:12 AM
xlyingxwhispersx's Avatar Veteran
I go over there to trade. If I ever need something for a good sale (like this week im getting 50 boxes of wheat thins for FREE) I can find a whole bunch of them. The people there are crazy though. SS Teri. I do perfer it here though <3

I go over there to trade. If I ever need something for a good sale (like this week im getting 50 boxes of wheat thins for FREE) I can find a whole bunch of them. The people there are crazy though. SS Teri. I do perfer it here though <3
December 14th, 2007, 09:11 AM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry they're so lame.

I look at the previews and the coupon matchups but I've never posted there.

December 14th, 2007, 10:31 AM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
I don't do trades there because they have 800 million rules, and I am not generally a rules kind of girl.
December 14th, 2007, 01:30 PM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
I lurk there on occasion but have never posted because of all the reasons already mentioned. I lurk mainly to see the previews.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search