Interview ...

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 13th, 2007, 08:33 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
I had my initial interview for the potential new job-o this afternoon. It went well, I suppose, since they asked me to come in for the second interview first thing tomorrow morning.

Keep your fingers crossed ladies, if you would.
December 13th, 2007, 08:40 PM
gctattoo
I think you're in. Go Mandi! Go Mandi!

The fact that they want you back that fast for the second interview is a great sign IMO. Say hello to paychecks.
December 13th, 2007, 08:40 PM
dingledine's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to dingledine Send a message via Yahoo to dingledine
Sweet! My fingers are crossed for you.

Jewelry for yourself, or for a friend. Breastfeeding aides, beautiful bracelets, earings and more.

Store.beadsarebeautiful.com
December 13th, 2007, 08:58 PM
Hoooooray paychecks, Teri. I ran the numbers, and like I told Liz tonight, we could be debt free except for my student loans in 11 months if I get this job and we keep the same budget we have right now. Wahoo!
December 13th, 2007, 09:39 PM
~Trina~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~Trina~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Trina~
GOOD LUCK!!! It sounds promising!!

"A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water." -- Eleanor Roosevelt
December 14th, 2007, 02:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good luck, not that you need it. I think the job is yours. I'll think positive thoughts all day though.
December 14th, 2007, 02:20 AM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck, Mandi!

December 14th, 2007, 04:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
WOW! I hope it goes well! Hooray for being debt free in 11 months!
December 14th, 2007, 04:21 AM
We'd have to maintain the same budget and be largely 'broke' like we are right now, but I'm convinced it would be oh so worth it. The debt payments alone are over 1/3 of our monthly net pay right now. I could do a lot with that extra.

T minus two hours, six minutes until the interview. Then I think I'm going to stop by the grocery on the way home, but I'll let you all know how it went eventually.
December 14th, 2007, 05:55 AM
CBMS

hooray!! Knock 'em dead, Mandi!!!

Good luck!!
December 14th, 2007, 05:56 AM
lillermom99's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oohhhh Mandi that is great news! I will keep my fingers and toes crossed for you. I doubt you will need our good vibes though as you strike me as an intelligent and perfect candidate!

December 14th, 2007, 06:02 AM
donomama
Quote:
I had my initial interview for the potential new job-o this afternoon. It went well, I suppose, since they asked me to come in for the second interview first thing tomorrow morning.

Keep your fingers crossed ladies, if you would.[/b]

My fingers, toes, legs and eyes are all crossed for you.

That would be so cool if you could be debt free in 11 months! I have not doubt tht you won't have any problem living "broke" like you are now.
December 14th, 2007, 07:25 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
oooh, fingers are crossed hun!
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
December 14th, 2007, 07:29 AM
soninole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck, Mandi. I will keep my fingers crossed.

December 14th, 2007, 11:27 AM
Sooooooooooooooooooo, I'm back.

It went a little differently than I would have hoped. The guy who runs the joint, I happen to know from the time I worked at the clinic. He came in all hoity toity and tried to convince us we were doing things the *wrong* way because it wasn't *his* way. He apparently remembers that there was much dissent to his presence, and that I was very much a part of that. He knew my face as soon as I walked in. Eeek.

I was still a pro in the interview, and I think I may even have done well enough to get an offer next week, but ... this guy is a kook, a crazy, a DB with capital D and B. He also spent the first 10ish minutes (of 30) asking about the age of my house and whether or not I had kids, and if I was going to get on getting around to having some, and how I should do this and this and this because my old house is probably covered in lead paint. Insinuating the whole time that I was an idiot ... and apparently that I should have babies right this minute. I'll agree with half of that ... now someone get the word to my ovaries already. I was so pissed, calm on the outside but raging in my head. Grrrrrrrr.

I so wanted this to work. Boooo.
December 14th, 2007, 11:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh sweetie, don't give up hope, maybe they will still call you back.

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/
December 14th, 2007, 11:42 AM
I'm actually pretty confident they'll still call ... I just don't know that I can accept.
December 14th, 2007, 11:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh I see. Don't let one DB hold you back from accomplishing what you want.

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/
December 14th, 2007, 12:13 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
He also spent the first 10ish minutes (of 30) asking about the age of my house and whether or not I had kids, and if I was going to get on getting around to having some,[/b]
OMG, ILLEGAL, ILLEGAL, ILLEGAL. It is against the law to ask whether you have kids or about your plans to have kids in an interview.

Now, I don't know what you would do about this (if you wanted to do anything), but I thought I'd point that out.

Sorry it didn't go as well as you had hoped.

December 14th, 2007, 02:49 PM
I know, Shannon, it was soooooo uncomfortable. Add the kid questions to the fact that he and I did not get on well when we knew each other before and it was not a great way to spend the morning.

Plus, I got there like 15 minutes early, and the girl had told me the day before not to come in until right at 930am because their whole office is just one giant room and they had other interviews scheduled. Ok, lame. So, I wait in the parking lot in my car in the 'hood when I realize I have to pee in a big urgent way. I scoot down the sidewalk to the gas station on the corner of the block, across the icy death parking lot and inside to talk to the guy behind the bullet proof glass. Of course, they don't have a bathroom. Booooo. So I have to hold it through my whole uncomfortable interview.

I wanted this to work so so badly, and now I feel awful about potentially turning down an offer even if they do call (not that they will) because the guy is crazy (and nosey). Ben says he's ok with whatever I decide to do, but I'm still feeling bad about it and it hasn't even happened yet. *le sigh*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search