Christmas Party

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 15th, 2007, 04:48 PM
dingledine's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to dingledine Send a message via Yahoo to dingledine
Tonight is our annual Christmas party. It is usually a pretty big deal, and an adults only party. I have a friend watching the boys tonight, and I took a short afternoon nap. We leave in about an hour. The last 2x I have been it was at the EMP in downtown Seattle. This year it is going to be at a nice Hotel in Bellevue. It should be lottsa fun, mingleing, eating and drinking. In the past when it was at a hotel, they had pretend gambling. That is, gambleing with chips, but ones that could not be cashed in/out. Maybe DH and I can make some sort of connection. We (I) had another long talk last night.

So, does your company have a party? Do you go? What happens at the part? Is it family friendly or adult friendly?

Jewelry for yourself, or for a friend. Breastfeeding aides, beautiful bracelets, earings and more.

Store.beadsarebeautiful.com
December 15th, 2007, 09:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to GinaOfAllTrades
DH's company has a Christmas party every year. Ours was tonight too. It was at a country club and it was fun. They have hor duerves and mingling and cash bar. Then food, which was awesome. Then door prizes (we didn't win anything this time) and then dancing alothough DH doesn't dance. Afterwards we went to DH's branch managers house for a drink and chilled out with them for awhile and now we are home. It was nice to get out like normal people again
December 15th, 2007, 09:17 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
We throw a holiday party called "ChristmaHanaSolsticikkah" for all my friends from college every year. We were all on a competitive simulation team together and have been tight since. They're rocking people. Ours is NOT a family friendly party in any way, shape, or form. There is a ton of food, a boat load of holiday treats, and massive quantities of alcohol. Oh, and singing. Lots and lots of singing.
December 16th, 2007, 12:03 AM
dingledine's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to dingledine Send a message via Yahoo to dingledine
We had a great time tonight! Used our 2 each free adult drinks, great main course food, wonderful desserts. There was a band, and fake gambleing. Dh did far better than I did at the fake gambleing. I got up some nerve and did some Karokee. Usually I get nervous telling the bible story to about 5 cradle roll kids at Sabbath School lesson time.

Okay, so I sang and it went well. See, I have always wanted to get up and sing in front of someone, anyone, but I am uber scared too. However, there were some really bad singers, and i figured if they could do it, so could I. I sang 2x. First one way, "If I could turn back time," by Cher, and the second one was "I need you tonight" by INXS. I thought the second one wouldn't fit so well with me, but it worked out a lot better than the first one, plus I had a good drink in my by then.

Jewelry for yourself, or for a friend. Breastfeeding aides, beautiful bracelets, earings and more.

Store.beadsarebeautiful.com
December 16th, 2007, 08:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to GinaOfAllTrades
Oh I wish I had the nerve to kareoke. It looks like fun. I am always afraid of people making fun of me No kareoke at our party although it would be fun.
December 16th, 2007, 11:56 AM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
We don't have a karaoke set up for our holiday party ... just lots of drinking songs in the round and iPod sing-a-longs to our favorites. I can't wait! It's my favorite part of the whole year.

*sings*

"All the hard days are gone ...
It's all beer and whiskey and songs from now on ...
We laugh at the darkness and dance until dawn ...
For all the hard days our gone ..."

Mmmmm, Irish drinking songs.
December 16th, 2007, 12:01 PM
CBMS
My husband's company had a party. The ##### boss cut everyone's pay, ix-nayed the bonuses this year, but he still had to have his retarded party with an open bar and buffet... I wanted to go just to manhandle the open bar options and dump the drinks, but my ##### husband said that would be "wrong."

As if them stealing his 401K money, not paying their insurance and getting it cancelled, cutting pay, etc, isn't wrong?! Whatever....

the party is always boring anyway... a bunch of stuck up people acting like their poop doesn't stink... I was just going to have fun dumping drinks...

Glad you had a good time at yours, though!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search