tornadoes, flooding, severe weather, OH MY! :o

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 16th, 2007, 07:05 AM
CBMS
Yeah... the weather HERE, in MY neighborhood is all over the news... even CNN!

I'm three houses off of Jasmine Blvd, Teri, if you see it on bay news 9 or something like that... Right where the tornado ripped through while I was fast asleep. Thank God our house didn't get touched. It moved due east, and tore up the jail!! Totally ruined that building. There's damage east and damage west, but it picked up and didn't touch here. Wowza.

The Hwy (US. 19) is less than a mile west of here, and it's flooded from there to the bay--which is about a mile and a half!!

It's crazy here. It was in the 80's last night, and tonight there's a freeze advisory. Go figure...
December 16th, 2007, 08:28 AM
mom2LyricStoryLegend's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2LyricStoryLegend
Wow Kim! That is scary! I'm glad you and the fam are okay and that your house didn't have any damage. I always think it is funny here, how one day you will have to run the a/c and then all of a sudden, you have to switch on the heat. So weird.
December 16th, 2007, 09:12 AM
dingledine's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to dingledine Send a message via Yahoo to dingledine
wow

Jewelry for yourself, or for a friend. Breastfeeding aides, beautiful bracelets, earings and more.

Store.beadsarebeautiful.com
December 16th, 2007, 09:19 AM
Super Mommy
Yikes! We have lots and lots of snow here. Hasn't stopped yet.
December 16th, 2007, 09:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
oh my kim, that is crazy, I'm glad you are okay.

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/
December 16th, 2007, 11:02 AM
soninole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, Kim, that is crazy. I am only 2 hours south of you and we got NONE of that. We only had wind and rain. And today it is turning out to be beautiful. Sunny, cooler and a little windy. So nice to open the windows and turn off the a/c.

December 16th, 2007, 11:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Whoa that was pretty close to you. Glad you're OK. We were supposed to get an ice storm last night, but fortunately it wasn't quite cold enough.
December 16th, 2007, 11:06 AM
gctattoo
It's kinda funny how you slept right through it. Luckily, it didn't get ya.

We have lots of wind here today and that's it. It did rain some yesterday. DH says we're supposed to have a wind chill factor tonight but I'll believe it when I see it. It's still pretty nice right now.
December 16th, 2007, 11:07 AM
CBMS
Quote:
Wow, Kim, that is crazy. I am only 2 hours south of you and we got NONE of that. We only had wind and rain. And today it is turning out to be beautiful. Sunny, cooler and a little windy. So nice to open the windows and turn off the a/c.[/b]

We haven't had the AC on for weeks... I even suffered through the 80's last week.
December 16th, 2007, 11:09 AM
lillermom99's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yowza Kim you got lucky! Thank God it didn't hit your house! On a side note you would for sure be prepared for any natural disaster as you have that little portable stove and all that stockpile to eat through!

Glad you and the family are ok! Here it snowed and snowed and now it is freezing rain!

December 16th, 2007, 11:15 AM
CBMS
Quote:
On a side note you would for sure be prepared for any natural disaster as you have that little portable stove and all that stockpile to eat through![/b]

How true it is! We have the camp stove and TONS of foods to eat that can be opened and heated.
December 16th, 2007, 11:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
We haven't had the AC on for weeks... I even suffered through the 80's last week. [/b]
Oh how I'd love the 80s right about now! It snowed more last night...today's high is going to 25 or so!
December 16th, 2007, 11:28 AM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
OMG! I'm glad you're all alright.

It's 14 degrees here, and we got 8 or inches of snow overnight. Ick.
December 16th, 2007, 03:08 PM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
Yeah I saw that on the news. It left you and headed over here but not nearly as bad as there. The weather radio was going off all night saying there were tornado warnings. We didn't get tornados over here though.

December 16th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to GinaOfAllTrades
O hI am so glad to hear that you are all alright.

As for the stockpile. Once I can get mine like yours I would get so depressed if I had to actually use it
December 16th, 2007, 05:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
O hI am so glad to hear that you are all alright.

As for the stockpile. Once I can get mine like yours I would get so depressed if I had to actually use it [/b]

Not me...after awhile I get tired of looking at the same old things in the pantry!
December 16th, 2007, 05:56 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Wow that's crazy. I'm glad you and your house are ok and in one piece!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search