I guess that was our Christmas bonus

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 16th, 2007, 11:07 AM
gctattoo
When I woke up this afternoon ( ), DH had an interesting story to tell me. This morning, he went to throw away the envelope his paycheck came in when he felt something in it. And what was in it? The $20 Publix gift card that he gets every year as a Christmas gift from the company. They have always given it with the monetary bonus on the last payday before Christmas which isn't until this week. Doesn't sound like good news for our expected, albeit crappy, bonus of $50 like last year. *sigh*

But don't you just love it when men don't notice things?! He almost threw away $20! I would've had a stroke if he had. Oh, and he informed me that he bought some breakfast food for he and Alisha with the GC. So it only has $14 left on it. And since it was in that envelope since Friday, I could've used it when I went to Publix yesterday. Oh well.
December 16th, 2007, 11:09 AM
CBMS
Oy. sorry, Teri. That is better than NOTHING, though... (like Scott's getting this year. two years ago: 2K. Last year: 900. This year: big, fat, ZERO!)
December 16th, 2007, 11:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That stinks! DH company is pretty good with Christmas, he got $100 meijer GC and then at the Christmas party he got $200 cash (and I got a nintendo ds). My company (which is WAY larger) doesn't give Christmas bonuses, I THINK their logic is because everyone doesn't celebrate Christmas...mmm, like that would make them turn down money? They do a Christmas party so I don't see the difference. I won't complain though because they are improving their regular bonus plan. This year I got $1K in March, next March they are on a different plan and I should get about $2500 and the year after that they go to an even better bonus plan where I would get like $5K so I won't complain about Christmas.
December 16th, 2007, 12:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We get a big, fat, nothing for a bonus at the post office.
December 16th, 2007, 12:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hubby doesn't get a Christmas bonus either. He has gotten a performance bonus the last 4 years though (in March).

The last 2 years I have gotten $50 from the people I work for. It makes up for buying the kdis I watch gifts (they also buy something for my son which I think is very nice of them!).

When I was teaching we used to get great bonuses (compared to our teaching salary!!). At T Day we used to get $150-200 from the parents association. At Christmas we would get $200 from the parish, another 150-200 from the parents association and 150 from the school board. I'd also end up with numerous gift, treats to eat, gift cards, and more cold hard cash! In one of the school newsletters, we would list 3 places where we would like gift cards to so the parents could get us what we really wanted. Between gc and cash, I'd end up with over 1K every Christmas!

Of course, this was peanuts to most of the parents at our school: a 2 bedroom, 1 bath house that backed up to the train tracks couldn't be touched for less than 300K! A ton of the moms were SAHM but all of their kids were in school! They would hang out with each other during the day, go out to lunch, go shopping, etc!
December 16th, 2007, 12:37 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
Ben's company does xmas bonuses (I think), but I doubt highly he'll see one as he doesn't have a 'real' paycheck for them to put it in. Nothing like penalizing people for things that are the fault of the penalizer.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search