What a way to wake up...

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 17th, 2007, 05:52 AM
CBMS
The kids come in at 7:35 to tell me that they'd just gotten out of bed and the dog had ##### all around the house--from their room to the living room... this trail included the dining room, den, and hallway in between... so not only did I sleep like crap last night and I have had a headache since 3 AM, but I had to get down to the floor (which is increasingly more difficult these days) to clean up his freaking messes! He'd only been inside for less then TWO HOURS since he'd spent the morning (from 430 to 545) outside... There really isn't an excuse for it...

I was really sad at the possibility of having to put him down, and maybe I'm just a cold hearted #####, but I can't do this anymore. My babies PLAY on that same floor he keeps ######ting on!! I am ready to say goodbye to him... I can't keep doing this. I'm too tired and frustrated to wake up like this every day for the next however long his organs hang on...

I feel cruel for thinking it... much less putting it out there...

Add to that bad stuff the fact that the older two won't stop fighting and acting like little jerks to each other, and it's just one big happy family today.

Sorry... that's all.
December 17th, 2007, 05:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh trust me, I know all too well the pain cleaning that up can be...as well as dealing with the overwhelming stench of it! I hope your day gets better from here on out!

December 17th, 2007, 07:02 AM
Bluebunnygirl1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

December 17th, 2007, 07:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hugs, hun!! It's been my experience (and I've grown up around a LOT of dogs) that when they loose control of their bowel functions like that, especially if it's more of a diaherra thing, then they probably don't have that long left. And honestly, he's just going to keep getting worse and worse. I've seen them get so bad where they can barely walk and just lay shaking and messing on themselves. It's my opinion that I'd rather them go before they get to that point with me there petting them and letting them know I love them and they'll be ok now.

Is he ok otherwise or is he in pain? I don't think it's cruel to let him go out in peace rather then suffer for weeks on end.
December 17th, 2007, 07:33 AM
CBMS
It's not runny pooh, that's partly what's so irritating... I guess I feel like if it's solids, and it had been less than two hours since he'd been out, that he should be able to hold it...

I do think he's starting to be in more pain. He's been on his arthritis medicine for a couple years now, but lately his tail has been staying straight down; the vet told us that as long as the tail was out, that he wasn't doing too bad...but it seems he rarely puts it out to wag or anything anymore... which means his meds aren't working as well to keep the pain at bay...

I feel bad getting mad at him for messing, but it's sooooo frustrating when he does it after being out!
December 17th, 2007, 09:28 AM
Nicole_M's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh, I know how frustrating that is!!!!! We had a beagle and she suddenly became epileptic last November. Along with that came separation anxiety. If we left the room for too long she'd mess. She'd bark in the middle of the night to come be with us (but she couldn't sleep with us because she has aggression issues--it's a pack thing.)
We'd leave the house for an hour and then I'd spend 45 minutes cleaning up after her when we came back with a baby crying for my attention. It was so much to handle, but I did because I loved her. Then she bit Roger. And I had to realize that I could not take care of a sick dog and protect my baby from an aggressive dog too and be sane at the end of the day.
People told me I was nuts for keeping her as long as I did.
You'll know when it is time. I miss her a lot somedays, but I remind myself that I did everything I could for her ($1000 trips to the behaviorist vet--yeah I did that; $50/month anti-epileptic food, $100/month anti-epileptic meds--I did it) and that we gave her a good home while we could. She was only 4 years old.
Sorry for hijacking the thread.
December 17th, 2007, 09:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh I love my dogs but if they bit my baby, there'd be no choice. We had a chow mix at my Mom's that got increasingly more aggressive as he got older and then he TRIED to bite my niece, luckily I got her out of the way in time. She and I were giving out biscuits to the dogs (I think there were about 5 at the time) and he tried to basically take her hand off because she was giving a biscuit to a different dog. As sad as it was, he had to get put to sleep the next day because it was just too dangerous.
December 17th, 2007, 05:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Our friends just had to put their Shepherd down. He tried to attack her when she came home. They just didn't feel they could take the risk if he were to attack someone, especially a kid!
December 17th, 2007, 07:08 PM
CBMS
My boy is way not aggressive, thank goodness... he's just an old, senile doggie...
December 17th, 2007, 08:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
My boy is way not aggressive, thank goodness... he's just an old, senile doggie...[/b]
I know he wasn't aggressive, I guess my point was that they had to put him down and even though they were upset about it they knew it was best for everyone involved.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search