Wanting for Christmas

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 17th, 2007, 03:27 PM
dingledine's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to dingledine Send a message via Yahoo to dingledine
Two Things:

1 Digital Piano with weighted Keys. I could go out and buy one, DH and i have talked about one for a while. I don't really want/need much for Christmas though and I am tired of waiting, so I put a gift card for Costco, which has the one I want. I really want Matthew to be able to take at least a year of piano and I would like Evan and any other children we may or may not have, to be able to learn to play piano. I taught myself to play when I was 17, so I would like to brush up and play too. Dh can also play the piano.

2. Photo Editing Software. Again, I could buy it. This is great though. I really want it, not just for family photos, but to be able to take really nice pictures and edit them as needed for my website jewelry business. Next year I would like to still keep the free site I use, but it has been advised that I get a "real" site, so I would like to do that and use super nice pictures. NONE of my stuff looks half as nice in pictures as it does in RL.

So, what do you want most for Christmas?

Jewelry for yourself, or for a friend. Breastfeeding aides, beautiful bracelets, earings and more.

Store.beadsarebeautiful.com
December 17th, 2007, 03:42 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
1. A good vacuum. Mine has a sock hopelessly stuck in the tube and it has been that way for three days and I don't know what to do. This many people plus carpet minus vacuum equals YUCK!

2. Some workout equipment... I'd love to have a stationary bike, but I'd also like some smaller things like resistance bands, stability ball, and new videos.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

December 17th, 2007, 04:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
1. A good vacuum. Mine has a sock hopelessly stuck in the tube and it has been that way for three days and I don't know what to do. This many people plus carpet minus vacuum equals YUCK![/b]
Can you disconnect the hose and then shove something long through there?
December 17th, 2007, 04:28 PM
dingledine's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to dingledine Send a message via Yahoo to dingledine
You can use a broom to broom the house out, if you have one. That will help some. I used to broom my carpets when I had no vacuum, as a young, single mom.

Jewelry for yourself, or for a friend. Breastfeeding aides, beautiful bracelets, earings and more.

Store.beadsarebeautiful.com
December 17th, 2007, 04:49 PM
LindseyMarie's Avatar Professionally Awesome
Send a message via AIM to LindseyMarie
1. a new stroller. My back hurts so much from lifting the one from the travel system in and out of the car. We had a chicco, and it was stolen. I really wan another one of those. Very lightwweight, and small enough for a neon trunk. Eric says its a lame thing to want for christmas.

2. A new sweater.

After years of trying, 2 years of fertility meds, multiple surgeries, blood draws and needle sticks, some awful pre-IVF complications, and endometriosis and PCOS,
We are done TTC. Praying for peace as we accept this...
Hoping for some comfort after our most recent (and 3rd) surgery and starting Lupron!

December 17th, 2007, 07:38 PM
Veteran
Hmmmmmm.....haven't really thought about this honestly.

1. I guess I want a griddle. I saw one for $18 on Black Friday but felt guilty about buying it so I didn't. Then I saw one in Walmarts ad for $20 this week. I told my sis that is what I wanted so I'm guessing that is what she'll give me!

2. New clothes. I"m down to only 1 pair of jeans that actually fit me semi right. I'm gaining weight like crazy and don't know why!

Amanda - mommy to Madison 7, Anthony 4, Harrison 1 and step-mom to Nick 8.</div>
December 17th, 2007, 07:54 PM
CBMS
There really isn't anything I really really want this year... *sigh*

I know what my MIL is getting me, though, and it's awesome. It's the pasta roller for my kitchen aid! I am going to be making ravioli SO much easier with that pasta roller!!!

I guess I want kitchen aid stuff... I'm a kitchen aid snob. I have a reeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally old blender. I'd like a brand smackin' new kitchen aid blender. And a new toaster. I want that one that does your egg in a perfect circle while your muffin or bagel is toasting!
December 17th, 2007, 08:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Things I put on my Christmas list are things I'd like but am too cheap to buy for myself! A belt, some books, other small things. We decided to buy a laptop, but it will be put to great use (and already has!).
December 17th, 2007, 08:13 PM
gctattoo
I don't want anything for Christmas. Not that I get gifts. And that's because I don't give gifts. Well, only to the kids and the IL's. And the IL's usually get me some trinket from the dollar store or something. The last Christmas gift I got was a small cabinet with bath salts and soaps. It was really quite cute, but I don't take baths. I gave it to my stepdaughter so she'd have a present for her mom's birthday.
December 17th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Teri-are you the real Grinch???
December 17th, 2007, 08:22 PM
gctattoo
Nope, I'm not the Grinch. I am actually.....Little Cindy Lou Who who was no more than two. <-- that's my grinchy grin. Oops.... I think I gave away the secret.
December 17th, 2007, 11:12 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
This is always hard for me. This year I'd like to have a mandolin slicer and a small ice cream scoop that can scoop cookie dough. I'd also like some additional dressy clothes. I got a wee bit purge happy when we moved.
December 18th, 2007, 04:01 AM
soninole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This year I would like......

A new knife set.....which I believe DH has already bought.

A new non-stick frying pan to match my set. The one that I have is 8 yrs old and starting to show wear signs.

December 18th, 2007, 04:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
All I want is some nice hoop earrings, and a GC to Borders.
December 18th, 2007, 07:45 AM
Send a message via AIM to anleebrick
I'll play. I guess other than being Kim's favorite sister-in-law, I don't fit on this board! (BTW,I'm her only Sister-in-law)

I want some earings and a bracelet from Tiffany's.

I want some Chanel Perfume.

I want a 55mm prime lens for my Camera.

December 18th, 2007, 07:50 AM
CBMS
yeah--you're not so much frugal, Amy. However... kitchen aid stuff ain't cheap... yep. I said "ain't"

(the pasta roller that Scott's mom is getting me is right around 170.00! )
December 18th, 2007, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Can you disconnect the hose and then shove something long through there?[/b]
I tried but it won't budge. My daughter admitted that she sucked up a pencil and then a sock. There's a little curved plastic piece that attaches the tube to the body of the vaccuum that I can't remove. If I could get it off, I could try shoving the broom in the other end of the tube. Maybe when hubby gets home he can figure out how to get it off.

Quote:
You can use a broom to broom the house out, if you have one. That will help some. I used to broom my carpets when I had no vacuum, as a young, single mom.[/b]
Yeah, that's what I've been doing.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

December 18th, 2007, 08:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't so much have anything that I REALLY want. I could use some new dress pants for work. I'll probably end up buying those for myself though. I'll be happy with whatever I get. I'm not hard to please.
December 18th, 2007, 08:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I used to work on vacuum's jennifer, what kind is it?

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/
December 18th, 2007, 09:29 AM
Quote:
I used to work on vacuum's jennifer, what kind is it?[/b]
The $30 cheapy from hell. I think it's a bissell.

My son asked me today why we can't just use the shop vac for now. Smart kid! LOL

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search