Question for you pros....

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 17th, 2007, 09:15 PM
HeavensMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a question on coupons and items that you need to spend a certain amount on. For example: Head and Shoulders are on sale at Walgreens this week for 3/$20 with $10 back in RR. I have two coupons: 1 for $3/2 and 1 for $2/1. Which would make the sale 3/$5. Will I still receive the RR even though I wont actually be buying $20 worth of products?

Maybe that was confusing ! How about the sale buy $20 worth of certain meds (including Excedrin) and get $10 in ECB. I have $5 worth of coupons.

$20
$5 in coupons

equals $15

Will it still print my $10 ECB???

I'm so sorry if I confused everyone!!

From now until 2/29, donating HALF of all proceeds to Olly
Free giftcards?!? Swagbucks
December 17th, 2007, 09:32 PM
gctattoo
Nope, that wasn't confusing at all. In both of those situations, you'll still get the advertised rewards. The amount required is the pre coupon and pre tax total. So as long as the actual price amount is equal to or more than the required amount, it'll work out fine. That's how coupons can turn a good deal into a great one.
December 17th, 2007, 09:41 PM
HeavensMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's the answer I was hoping for, thank you so much!

From now until 2/29, donating HALF of all proceeds to Olly
Free giftcards?!? Swagbucks
December 18th, 2007, 05:53 AM
CBMS
Yep--that's what makes those deals so awesome!!!

I got the Christmas batteries at CVS. It was buy 15 dollars worth and get 5 dollars back. I had a 5.00 CVS coupon and three 1.00 manu coupons, so I only spent 7 and got 2.

Isn't couponing fun?
December 18th, 2007, 06:30 AM
Nicole_M's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My Walgreens won't honor that. I did the Excedrin deal too and had coupons. When my RR didn't print I asked the manager why. He asked me if I used coupons. I said yes and he said that's why. It had to be $20 oop for me to get the RR.
December 18th, 2007, 06:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
My Walgreens won't honor that. I did the Excedrin deal too and had coupons. When my RR didn't print I asked the manager why. He asked me if I used coupons. I said yes and he said that's why. It had to be $20 oop for me to get the RR.[/b]
That's not right Nicole! Was it the store manager that said that? If so, Iwould call and complain to corp. Is there another WAG you can go to?

Heavensmom-if you go to WAG today, use the 5/20 purchase Kim posted. 3/20 -5 WAG coupon-5 Man coupons=10 bucks and get your 10 RR back. Basically free shampoo!
December 18th, 2007, 06:35 AM
CBMS
Quote:
My Walgreens won't honor that. I did the Excedrin deal too and had coupons. When my RR didn't print I asked the manager why. He asked me if I used coupons. I said yes and he said that's why. It had to be $20 oop for me to get the RR.[/b]

That is NOT true. I'd call customer service. They don't lose a single freaking penny on coupons. They are reimbursed faced value, PLUS shipping, PLUS a reasonable fee for the "work" of getting them together and sent in. They make out like bandits on coupons, really....

The ONLY people that are out anything at all on coupons are the manufacturers themselves. The stores still get the EXACT same amount of money--they just have to wait a little while for the coupon money to come in is all.

Seriously--call customer service. That manager is wrong! It's the original SUBTOTAL of items that counts for RRs.
December 18th, 2007, 06:36 AM
Nicole_M's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:
That's not right Nicole! Was it the store manager that said that? If so, Iwould call and complain to corp. Is there another WAG you can go to?[/b]
Yep, it was the store manager. There are tons of WAGs to go too. That's the closest. I should try a different one and see what rule they go by.
December 18th, 2007, 06:50 AM
gctattoo
I agree with the others, Nicole. That is NOT the way it's supposed to be! I have done it myself many times and paid way less than the "required" amount and the RR's printed fine. The last one I did was the Nice 'n Easy which were 3/$20 with $10 RR's back. I had 3 $5 off coupons plus I had coupons where you got a free Pantene Expressions with each Nice 'n Easy purchase. So I ended up spending about $5 of the original $20 purchase price and got my RR's. Call CS and complain. AND I would return the products -- reminding them that you used coupons as well so they need to reimburse you the extra amount or put it on a GC. WAG is notorious for making up the rules as they go along.
December 18th, 2007, 08:14 AM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I have a question on coupons and items that you need to spend a certain amount on. For example: Head and Shoulders are on sale at Walgreens this week for 3/$20 with $10 back in RR. I have two coupons: 1 for $3/2 and 1 for $2/1. Which would make the sale 3/$5. Will I still receive the RR even though I wont actually be buying $20 worth of products?

Maybe that was confusing ! How about the sale buy $20 worth of certain meds (including Excedrin) and get $10 in ECB. I have $5 worth of coupons.

$20
$5 in coupons

equals $15

Will it still print my $10 ECB???

I'm so sorry if I confused everyone!! [/b]
Just wanted to ditto Kris. Go today, and use the $5 off $20 coupon, and you'll get FREE shampoo!!! Go to a few different stores (assuming you have more coupies) and stock up. I think you said that you're brand loyal to this shampoo, so it's worth it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search