My target deal...

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 18th, 2007, 02:55 PM
CBMS
Yes... I love getting overage. Isn't it freaking GRAND?!

I worked two transactions... the first one, I got:

1 tub of huggies wipes (2.39; had a .75 manu, and a 3/2 target)
1 cleanteam body wash (2.89; had a 2.00 manu--thanks for the heads up, Sarah!!and the other half of the 3/2 target coupon, making for an overage on the two items!!)
1 set of glade candles trio (on sale for 9.78; had a 4.00 coupon and got a 5.00 GC for purchasing it)
1 pack of girls hanes socks (3.99; I like these as stocking stuffers 1.00 coupon, too)

total: 9.07 saved: 10.75 in coupons, plus got the 5.00 GC for the next transaction. I used my birthday GC for this one.

transaction #2:

1 jar of skippy peanut butter (1.67; I am getting nervous--I'm down to only 3 jars! had a .60 manu)
1 pack of girls hanes socks (3.99; 1.00 coupon)
2 boxes of capri suns (1.77 each; no coupons, but Riina has to take them for her party on Friday)
1 tub huggies wipes (2.39; .75 manu and half the 3/2)
1 cleanteam hand soap (2.89; 2.00 manu and the other half of the 3/2)

used the 5.00 GC from transaction #1, and my total was 2.82. Total saved: 12.35. I used the other GC (from you all) for that one.

Not too shabby.

Walgreens was a freaking NIGHTMARE! They won't let you use the 5/20 if your total is less than 20 bucks after the coupons. Kind of makes it so it's almost a waste of money... They voided my transaction and it was total chaos... It was a mess to get them to figure out WTH they were doing... I ended up with more crap than I wanted because of the stupid coupon thing... frustrating... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I'm trying another one tonight at a different WAG. I hope that one has it together...
December 18th, 2007, 03:14 PM
CBMS
Oh yeah... I forgot... while I was there, I saw that the cases of huggies are on sale for 18.50. I can get a case of diapers and a thing of wipes for 18.50+2.39-3.00-1.5-.75=15.64! I think that's a pretty doggon good deal.

I'm going to do that once, and I'm going to get lots more wipes. The coupons are good into January... hello cheap wipes. I need you.
December 18th, 2007, 04:01 PM
Send a message via AIM to anleebrick
Quote:
Oh yeah... I forgot... while I was there, I saw that the cases of huggies are on sale for 18.50. I can get a case of diapers and a thing of wipes for 18.50+2.39-3.00-1.5-.75=15.64! I think that's a pretty doggon good deal.

I'm going to do that once, and I'm going to get lots more wipes. The coupons are good into January... hello cheap wipes. I need you.[/b]
Again, I wish you lived closer. I'd gladly pay you the 1000 a month I pay in day care, 200 I pay the maid and a percentage of money you save on groceries and I'd come out way ahead!

I tried the shopping thing the other week. I spent like 83.00 at CVS but when I did the percentage thing it came out as 78% savings. That included 20.00 in extra bucks. I actually went back in after reviewing my receipt and made them fix something that was wrong and saved 2 more dollars. I would normally never do that.

Then. I left there feeling all empowered and ended up spending 270 at Publix and only saved like 30%. I bought a lot of BOGO and had coupons but I still spent too much.

After all that... DH (Kim's Brother) threw out my reciept that included my 20.00 in extra bucks or what ever you call them. When I was almost in tears about it he said "Amy, it's only 20.00. "

To top that off, he has gone nuts in Christmas spending when I was convinced we were having a small Christmas this year.

I did get two shirts and a pair of capris for 22.00 at Macy's Sunday though!

December 18th, 2007, 05:06 PM
CBMS
Amy... 1800shopCVS can get you your EBs re-issued, I believe.

"only 20 bucks?" Tell Jeff to piss off. Twenty bucks is a week of groceries in this house.

BTW, Amy... Publix will take competitor coupons, so those nifty little 10/50's from Winn Dixie come in handy there OR at WD.
December 18th, 2007, 05:12 PM
CBMS
And I would totally do your shopping for you. Make a list of what you like to have in the house on a regular basis, and I can start making you lists with coupons matched up...
December 18th, 2007, 06:08 PM
Super Mommy
You use a manu AND a target coupon? Where do you get the Target coupon? - in the store, mail, paper? Is the Target coupon a coupon for any product or is it for that specific product?
December 18th, 2007, 06:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Great shopping! I had no problem using the 5/20 at WAG!
December 18th, 2007, 06:37 PM
soninole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Great job, Kim1

December 18th, 2007, 07:34 PM
CBMS
Quote:
You use a manu AND a target coupon? Where do you get the Target coupon? - in the store, mail, paper? Is the Target coupon a coupon for any product or is it for that specific product?[/b]

yes, you can combine coupons!! You can combine most store coupons with manu coupons!! The target coupons are on a generator at hotcouponworld.com I recommend you join there specifically so you can get those target coupons. They have some that are really good. The best one right now is the 3.00/2 huggies products. If you have manufacturer coupons to use with that, you can burn it up.
December 18th, 2007, 07:40 PM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
Great shopping!!!

December 18th, 2007, 07:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Woohoo!! I got two tubs of wipes and two cleanteam foaming handwashes, used 2 of the $3/2, 2 $2 peelies and 1 (all I had) .75c coupon, threw in a small thing of peanut butter m&ms and paid $0.63 total!! I MAY have pinched 3 more peelies so that I can go back tomorrow with more $3/2 coupons and get some more cheap wipes.

I stopped by Walgreens and could have kicked myself because I forgot the $5/$20 I printed at work, oh well. I still ended up getting 16 more 3oz boxes of turtles, a 12pk of cf free coke and a loaf of bread for $1.96!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search