CVS SUCCESS

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 18th, 2007, 05:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
1st transaction:

AA batteries-5.29
AAA batteries-5.29
Tylenol-2.49
Playtex-4.99

-5 battery coupon
-5 battery coupon
-1 battery coupon
-1 Tylenol coupon
-1 CVS Playtex coupon
-5/15 CVS coupon

OOP- 0.09
I had another energizer battery coupon but I must have added wrong before I went so I didn't use it (but I will use it later for more free batteries!!!)
TOTAL SAVED: 23.40
EB back: $2 Playtex, $2.49 Tylenol

2nd transaction:

100 ct Excedrin-9.49
50 ct Excedrin-6.99
24 ct Excedrin-4.49

-3 Excedrin coupon
-2 Excedrin coupon
-2 Excedrin coupon
-1 CVS Excedrin coupon
-5/15 CVS coupon
-7.50 EBs

OOP-0.56
TOTAL SAVED-20.50
EB back: $10

TOTAL OOP: 0.65
SAVED: 43.90
INCREASE IN EBs: 6.99

YEAH BABY!!!

I'll be stopping more this week to get more batteries. I couldn't find any Oasis or the energy drink!
December 18th, 2007, 05:32 PM
gctattoo
Great job!

Good luck on finding the Oasis and energy drinks. They're such a great thing to roll when you can use a $/$ CRT and actually make money on the deal.
December 18th, 2007, 05:33 PM
soninole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Great work! They let you use 3 of the CVS batteries coupon in one transaction? Wow, I may have to try that.

December 18th, 2007, 05:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Great work! They let you use 3 of the CVS batteries coupon in one transaction? Wow, I may have to try that.[/b]
I only used 2 of the battery coupons in one transaction. I was planning on getting the energy drinks but they didn't have them. I figured I would try it and if they said something then I would just buy 1 set of the batteries, but I was hoping it would work bc then the 5/15 coupon would cover the cost of the Playtex (which I still had $1 coupon for). I didn't have any 2/10s with me, so luckily it worked with no problem. If I can't find the energy drinks or Oasis anywhere, I guess I'll just keep getting batteries and candy bar or something and using the 5 CVS coupon and the 1 man one for basically no OOP.
December 18th, 2007, 06:37 PM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
WTG!!!!! Where did you get the 5/15 coupon? Is that a printable one?

December 18th, 2007, 06:37 PM
CBMS
You aren't supposed to be able to use more than one of the battery coupons at all--much less in the same transaction! My CVS people suck, I say... they suck!

way to go!!
December 18th, 2007, 06:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
You aren't supposed to be able to use more than one of the battery coupons at all--much less in the same transaction! My CVS people suck, I say... they suck!

way to go!![/b]
All the $/$$ coupons also say limit one per customer, you would think that they would track it somehow with the card, but if they aren't going to...but then again, I'm unethical!!!

The 5/15 is on the coupon thing Michelle B posted-coupon gold mine was the title of the thread.
December 18th, 2007, 06:46 PM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
Quote:
Quote:

way to go!![/b]
All the $/$$ coupons also say limit one per customer, you would think that they would track it somehow with the card, but if they aren't going to...but then again, I'm unethical!!!

The 5/15 is on the coupon thing Michelle B posted-coupon gold mine was the title of the thread.
[/b]
Thanks I had seen the 3/15 but not the 5/15. I saved it in my favorites!

Kim - my CVS sucks too. I can only use 1 $/$$ coupon per transaction. I didn't try using more than 1 of the $5 energizer ones because I know they would say no. Although the other day when I was out running errand I stopped at 4 different CVS stores since I had to go past them anyway it didn't cost me any gas and dh was watching the kids so it was my alone time!!!

December 18th, 2007, 07:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Ok I'm a dunce and don't see the thread with the $5/$15..can someone post a link here?

Good job Kris!!
December 18th, 2007, 07:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'll bump it!
December 18th, 2007, 07:17 PM
gctattoo
My CVS is usually great about using certain coupons together but they irritated me on Saturday. I had used a 4/20 and the $50 Contour coupon together. But when I checked the receipt, the $4 didn't go through. I went back in and told the manager (different one from the one I usually see) and he said you can't use the two together. Ummmm....I have two other receipts that show I can, thank you very much. Two other times that I bought a Contour, I used a 4/20 with the $50 coupon. But suddenly, it won't work. Yeah, whatever. That's all well and good if it's "against CVS policy". But why did the hooker take the 4/20, know that it didn't go through, and yet kept it like it did go through? I asked this question and went on to add that it was basically stealing the coupon. And she smiled cluelessly like I'd given her a compliment. So he dug through the pouch of coupons and came up with one. It was not mine. I rattled off the last four digits of the card and the fact that mine expires on the 21st. I know my coupons and I know what I can use with what. Stupid hookers.
December 18th, 2007, 07:24 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
I don't stack $/$$ coupons ... I just can't bring myself to do it.
December 18th, 2007, 07:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
But she wasn't stacking, right? She was just using it with another CVS coupon. Should have been perfectly legit.

I stack, shamelessly. My managers are all about it so why not? I was shopping the other day and pulled out my $/$$ to get out a $10/$50 and the cashier said something about how she could only take 1 of the $2/$10 and the manager piped up that no she could take both since they were different ones (one was white and one was blue)...mmm, I wasn't even going to use them but ok, here you go.
December 18th, 2007, 07:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Can we get some of those CVS managers over here please???
December 18th, 2007, 07:42 PM
gctattoo
I do stack as long as the total purchase price equals the total qualifying purchase price. For example, 2/10 and a 4/20 on a $30 order. And they don't say anything about it and it goes through. But a CVS coupon for jn individual item and then an x off x amount purchase is not stacking. Funny how my $1 off Playtex item CRT went through. And I used the same coupons together twice before. They make it up as they go along sometimes, just like WAG.
December 19th, 2007, 12:05 PM
MichelleB.
WTG Kris! They won't let me use the energizer coupon more than once in a transaction. I have to do separate transactions. I have been trying to go to CVS once a day for free batteries!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search