WD and Publix this week

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 19th, 2007, 09:46 AM
gctattoo
The WD ad is downright stinky this week! I think I'll end up just using my coupons up on nonsale items this time. The only good thing I really see is the BOGO Hanes socks which I'm not even sure my WD carries. I think they're $6? Or $7 maybe. Either way, I have two of the $1 insert coupies and DH needs new socks so I hope they have them. That'll help toward the $50 I have to spend. And one thing I know they do have are these cute wooden calendars that are on sale for 25% off. I saw them last week and the small ones were $10. I just might break down and get one since it'll only be $7.50. That's quite a splurge for me, but I do like those girly things sometimes. Plus I need a calendar for the new year.

Kim, did you notice that the Publix ad will be the same up until the 24th? Probably good for you, but bad for me since they had nothing I wanted. *sigh*
December 19th, 2007, 09:52 AM
CBMS
Yep! I have the panties on my list. Using two of the 1.00 coupons, it makes it 4.99/2. That's cheaper than Target!! yay!!

The only other thing on my list there is some bird's eye... which I may back out of... we have lots of veggies in the freezer.... but I have a 1.00/2 coupon, so I could get two for a dollar. I may go ahead and grab them... we shall see...

I haven't seen a preview for Publix, but I wanted to run in and grab a couple things that I thought I had coupons for and didn't get yet (when I was there the other day). I need to get more pancake mix for the freebie crisco spray too.

hey, wait a minute...

I guess this ad runs through Christmas Eve. I don't have to rush in today! I thought I did... woot. I can be lazy. LOL
December 19th, 2007, 10:41 AM
soninole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kim, the Bird's eye veggies are 50% off at Publix, is it a better deal there or WD?

The things that I like at WD are the BOGO french toast sticks, the 3/$5 kraft cheese, and the DD coffee. And I may check out the BOGO Hanes even though I already used my coupons.

December 19th, 2007, 11:04 AM
CBMS
hmmmm... I think that the bird's eye are 2/4 at Publix, so they're exactly the same. I think.

do you not get WIC, Sonja? For some reason I thought you did... if so, the kraft is BOGO at Albertson's. I think if you're paying cash, it's not so worth it (they have higher prices), but if it's on a WIC check, then it's worth it for sure. I have a feeling it's 3.29 a block at Albertson's. That'd make the four of them cost 6.58... so it's 1.65--only 2c difference for OOP.

Did I miss something on the DD coffee?? hmmmmmmmmmmmm..

*scouring the ad*

hmmmm... I had missed that... 5.99 for the good coffee... YUM.

I'm getting maxwell house at Publix. The big thing is 4.99. Actually, I think it is a WD too, but I have to go to Publix anyway for the other BOGO stuff I wanted...
December 19th, 2007, 11:07 AM

No, I don't get WIC. DH and I both work so we make too much. The DD coffee is on sale for $5.99, I coupons for $1/1 thanks to Teri. DH loves this coffee so it is going to be a stocking stuffer.

And do you need more Maxwell House coupons? I think that I have 3 of the $1/1 from Sunday, thanks to the people that left coupons at DH's work again. And I do not care for Maxwell House thanks to an old workplace's crappy coffeemaker.

December 19th, 2007, 11:09 AM
CBMS
Ohhhhh!! I'd LOVE the maxwell house ones you have!! I only have one. My FIL (who doesn't even BUY brew coffee!!) cut his out before he brought the inserts over...
December 19th, 2007, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Ohhhhh!! I'd LOVE the maxwell house ones you have!! I only have one. My FIL (who doesn't even BUY brew coffee!!) cut his out before he brought the inserts over... [/b]

I will send those to you. And I will ask my sister if she got it also. She has one of those fancy scmacy coffee makers that take the individual pods. But oh so yummy coffee to be had at her house. I will try to send them out tomorrow cause a couple are at home. DH took them out of the car when I told him not to.

December 19th, 2007, 11:13 AM
CBMS
Oh, neato. I'll wait to go to Publix then. The ad's good till Monday, so I can go after I get your coupons and cross a few of the other fillers off my list!
December 19th, 2007, 11:33 AM
gctattoo
Ummmm.....Kim.....I just have to point this out. The reason that Luke hasn't come out yet is because the brain eating is not yet complete. However, it's gettin' mighty close. Refer to my original post where I said that the Publix ad was good until the 24th. And then refer to your "lightbulb" moment when you realize that the Publix ad is good until the 24th.

You may not last until he's born. He may suck your brain out entirely.
December 19th, 2007, 11:42 AM
CBMS
LMAO. I am guilty only of doing the usual "Kim skim." Not lack of brain. Lack of reading skills...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search