*sigh* I want this house...

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 19th, 2007, 09:52 AM
CBMS
Hey... a girl's gotta have a dream, right? LOL

This is such a nice house... not that I'll ever have anything remotely close to it... but it's fun to look and dream about each child having a room of their own. And this house is fairly close to my mom and dad, too... Now, a gold digger would have married someone who would actually GET her a house like this, don'tcha think??

http://www.youget2buy.com/property/details...=11&start=1
December 19th, 2007, 09:57 AM
soninole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is a nice house. And $250k for it? Wow, I don't know the market up there but that seems really inexpensive. I think I have those exact cabinets.....of course less of them than that kitchen. I would love to have a kitchen like that.

December 19th, 2007, 09:58 AM
CBMS
Quote:
That is a nice house. And $250k for it? Wow, I don't know the market up there but that seems really inexpensive. I think I have those exact cabinets.....of course less of them than that kitchen. I would love to have a kitchen like that.[/b]

It's appraised at 250! It's selling for 189,900!
December 19th, 2007, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Quote:
That is a nice house. And $250k for it? Wow, I don't know the market up there but that seems really inexpensive. I think I have those exact cabinets.....of course less of them than that kitchen. I would love to have a kitchen like that.[/b]

It's appraised at 250! It's selling for 189,900!
[/b]

Wow, and we bought our 1400SF house for only 15k less than that.......

December 19th, 2007, 10:07 AM
CBMS
I honest to goodness want that house...

I need it.

I have four children. Two that are going to kill each other soon if they don't get separated.

I need that house.

Why can't I win the lotto and buy that house??

(oh yeah... because I don't PLAY the lotto! )

I'm the worst gold digger in the world.
December 19th, 2007, 10:08 AM
Quote:
I honest to goodness want that house...

I need it.

I have four children. Two that are going to kill each other soon if they don't get separated.

I need that house.

Why can't I win the lotto and buy that house??

(oh yeah... because I don't PLAY the lotto! )

I'm the worst gold digger in the world. [/b]

And yes, you need that house.

December 19th, 2007, 10:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
189,900 is a great price for that house.

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/
December 19th, 2007, 10:14 AM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
That's a great house!!!! Not a bad price for the size either.

December 19th, 2007, 10:18 AM
gctattoo
I've been in that exact style of house! It's from a builder in the area. They have a bunch of model homes set up here just a few miles away. It's the second nicest design of the five they have on display. I don't recall the name of it. Or the builder's name. Crap.

But they are sooooo nice. OMG, the kitchens alone, I would die for. I could just live in the kitchen, actually. You should see the Cumberland design they build. It has a master bedroom so huge, I swear your mouth drops open in shock. And the kitchen! It has a walk-in pantry almost the size of my kitchen.

I will figure out the name, find their website, and post a link.
December 19th, 2007, 10:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow a house like that up here would be at least $500,000. I need to move to Florida.
December 19th, 2007, 10:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow! That is a GREAT price!
December 19th, 2007, 10:25 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
That is nice Kim! Wow...
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
December 19th, 2007, 10:28 AM
gctattoo
I remembered! They're Maronda homes. I tried to do a link, but it didn't work. You can see virtual tours on their website though.

December 19th, 2007, 11:08 AM
cinfy's Avatar Cool Chick
Wow - such a nice house for so little money! The housing market here has bottomed out a little bit, but the prices are still super high. We moved far out so we could afford a single family home. I was commuting 1.5 hours each way to work. Sucked.

December 19th, 2007, 11:24 AM
Teri, that builder is in our area too. I remember looking them up when we were house hunting.

December 19th, 2007, 11:43 AM
Nicole_M's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Wow a house like that up here would be at least $500,000. I need to move to Florida.[/b]
That's crazy! I wish you could get the house too, Kim.
December 19th, 2007, 01:00 PM
dingledine's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to dingledine Send a message via Yahoo to dingledine
That is a nice house. Around here a house like that would go for a million. I feel lucky to be in our nice house, even though sometimes I dream of more. If we have another child or two, there will be room sharing happening too. That is a super nice house. I remember when Matthew was a baby and we rented one room in a house to share. When I met DH, neither one of us had good jobs, but he got a better one by the time we married.

So, you NEVER KNOW what can happen in the future. Don't stop dreaming. You deserve better.

HUGS HUGS HUGS. It is a really nice house.

Jewelry for yourself, or for a friend. Breastfeeding aides, beautiful bracelets, earings and more.

Store.beadsarebeautiful.com
December 19th, 2007, 01:40 PM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's a beautiful house for a great price. No worries, though Kim. DH and I both work full time, make good money, but have too much debt to afford that mortgage payment. That's twice what we paid for our cozy little house.

But as I always tell DH when he shoots down my ideas, "Let the dream live!" Dreams are good and sometimes they even come true. Here's hoping!
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
December 19th, 2007, 02:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to GinaOfAllTrades
That house is gorgeous! I am sad though. My house appraised at $168,000 and is only 1600-1700 sq ft. (we are converting the garage). That house is HUGE!

I agree with everyone else, keep dreaming those dreams. It will happen one day.
December 19th, 2007, 04:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I saw that house and the price and literally said HOLY ####!!! A house like that around here would easily go for 750,000 or so! We were driving around the other day and for the hell of it went into a very ritzy area...found an awsome house, but unfortunately it was 850,000. We also saw one that had a 6, yes, 6 car garage!!!!! Heck, we could sell our house and move into that one and still come out ahead...oh wait...hubby's job is here! Hubby has always said that maybe someday he'll look into working at NASA since I love wamr weather!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search