What are your plans for Christmas?

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 19th, 2007, 07:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Do you have anything planned for this weekend, Christmas Eve, or Christmas?
December 19th, 2007, 07:58 PM
gctattoo
As of right now, nothing that I know of. It's possible that we'll go to the IL's on Christmas for dinner. I usually don't go but I might make an appearance. Other than that, it's just a regular day for us. The best thing about it is that DH had Sat.- Tues. off work so I get to sleep in!
December 19th, 2007, 08:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How come you normally don't goto your ILs?
December 19th, 2007, 08:17 PM
gctattoo
Three reasons:

#1. When Robbie takes Alisha there, it's my precious time alone in the house.
#2. Their house is really dirty.
#3. Even though they don't smoke in the house when Alisha is there, it still reeks of smoke. And when you leave, so do you.
December 19th, 2007, 09:36 PM
dingledine's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to dingledine Send a message via Yahoo to dingledine
Leaving on Friday for 11 days to go to the IL in Portland. Tomorrow we are making great swaths of Christmas cookies, and packing/cleaning. IL's is pretty nice. Aside from them attempting to give my little vegetarian 2 year old meat and overdosing him with cheese... it is good. The boys have a great time, I have more eyes to watch the boys and pamper them. DH has three younger brothers, the oldest of which is all of our favorite. My FIL is really nice and we get along well, my MIL is pretty nice too. New Years Eve
, we go to the neighbors (in Portland). I will beg off early and go "home" to put the baby down to bed around 8:00 or so, and have a quiet evening at the IL house. I buy a few of the groceries while I am down there, but most of everything is taken care of, as well as a good share of the cooking. My family always gives 15-20 gifts, my IL give like... 150+ gifts. I was shocked the first time I was there. They aren't big spenders otherwise though... so whatever their traditions are, I am more than happy to accept nice gifts.

After 11 days though in someone elses house, I am always more than happy to go home.

I am going to take pictures of my cookies tomorrow.

Jewelry for yourself, or for a friend. Breastfeeding aides, beautiful bracelets, earings and more.

Store.beadsarebeautiful.com
December 19th, 2007, 10:03 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
This weekend, Friday, is the holiday party with my college friends. I was really excited about it, but now I'm only feeling mediocre about the whole thing. I'm hoping that changes soon. There will be tons of food, drinking, story telling, and if I know my friends hilarious sing a longs. Saturday, DH is leaving for Mississippi to go to xmas with his mom's family. He goes every year. We've spent one xmas together of the last 7, so I don't sweat it.

Xmas eve, Adam ( my brother) and I will go to my dad's family's evening party. It will be lame, like it is every year. If I know them well enough, we'll eat appetizers, open presents (the little kids, not us anymore), eat cheesecake, someone will cry, and fight, and blah. It's lame-o, but it's tradition.

Xmas morning, we'll have presents opening here in the morning. Then my cousin and her boys (12, 12, 10, 8ish) are coming over around noon time and we'll have presents with them. We'll have xmas dinner sometime in the afternoon. We'll probably watch movies, play games, and eat a TON of cookies.
December 20th, 2007, 05:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well the weekend will be filled with all the normal weekend stuff...cleaning, errands, etc.

On the 23rd Santa will visit and so on Christmas Eve morning we will open presents here, take the dog to my mom's (since we don't know how long we will be gone for) and then head to the ILs for the day. Hubby's sister and BIL will be here from Dallas. We'll relax, talk, etc!

On Christmas Day we'll head to WI with my mom and sisters to go to my grandma's house. We'll open presents there (well my younger cousins will) and then have lunch with about 30-40 people or so. Then after cleanup a hadful of us will probably do out tradition of playing Scrabble.

Luckily I don't have to work on the 26th so we'll be able to hang out and relax at home for one more day before going back to work. Hubby hs off until the 2nd!
December 20th, 2007, 06:02 AM
CBMS
We are having Christmas with Scott's family on Sunday. Yum, turkey.... On Christmas Day (given that I'm not in the birth center having a baby), we'll be at my brother and SIL's house in the afternoon...

Christmas eve, the kids will each open one gift. Christmas morning, they'll open the rest. Then I'll make eggs, pancakes, bacon (stripples, actually), and hashbrowns, and I'll sit around being lazy until it's time to go to my brother and SIL's house...
December 20th, 2007, 06:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I'll sit around being lazy until it's time to go to my brother and SIL's house...[/b]
I highly doubt that! You'll be taking care of that new baby who is going to be here tomorrow!
December 20th, 2007, 06:22 AM
CBMS
Quote:
Quote:
I'll sit around being lazy until it's time to go to my brother and SIL's house...[/b]
I highly doubt that! You'll be taking care of that new baby who is going to be here tomorrow!
[/b]

December 20th, 2007, 07:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
sunday evening we will go to my dad and stepmoms for christmas dinner and presents

Christmas Eve we will go to my MIL's for snacks and the kids to open their presents from her.

Christmas day I wake up early to start cooking, santa comes early in the morning and the boys and I will open our presents. Then around 1030 my mom stepdad and sisters come, we open presents and then have christmas dinner at my house. Then we hang out all day, eat, and play games.

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/
December 20th, 2007, 08:58 AM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
My dad wants us to come over on Christmas Eve but I am going to try to talk him into coming here instead.

We are going to dh's grandparent's in Tampa on Christmas.

December 20th, 2007, 09:04 AM
Veteran
Sigh.....Is it bad that I dread Christmas?? Well lets' see, I will work all weekend. Sunday night when I get home from work (around 11) I will probably wrap presents for the rest of the night. Monday I will wake up early, or stay up all night, and either finish wrapping presents, finish cooking (puppy chow, chex mix, cookies, dirt pudding), or I will have to work because I work for a bunch of #####holes. We are supposed to have Christmas at my grandmas on Christmas Eve around 5, but that depends on when/if I work or not. At my grandma I will have to listen to how perfect my sister and her kids are, and pretty much be treated like I'm not good enough. Plus there will for sure be some fighting. And then I'll get in trouble for yelling at my nephew for being a brat. Fun times!!

After my grandmas house, we will take SS to his moms house and then come home, put the kids to bed, and stay up almost all night putting toys together/wrapping. Well I will stay up anyways. DH usually lays down to "pretend" to go to sleep to get the kids too, and he winds up going to sleep too. He may or May not wake back up to help.

Christmas morning we wil wake up probably around 9, open some presents, depending on whether Madison wants to wait on SS or not. (the two youngest are usually happy with opening one present then they are done anyways LOL), then I think we get SS around noonish. Then we will open more presents, I will cook something then go to DH's grandpas. There we will cram 100 people into a house that can maybe hold 15! It will be hot as He!!, and people will get on my nerves. The kids will all act up, DH will forget to help me watch the kids, and I will get the look from MIL when one of the kids does something they arent' supposed to. I understand that it is DH's grandpa, but you don't put an Autistic kid into that situation. I'm dreading it pretty much.

Then Wednesday evening is my moms Christmas. Which once again I will get to hear how perfect my sister and her kids are. How her life is so hard because she works two jobs (that still don't total a full time job) and has to go to school. All while raising two kids by herself. Yeah I would feel sorry for her IF all that was true. She has a boyfriend that lives with her, plus my grandma helps her with everything. So whatever.

Then we will have Christmas at the In laws sometime that week. Don't know when, and don't really care. They will schedule it when I work probably, which is fine with me because then DH gets to handle the kids by himself for a change LMAO. I love it!

This will be the first year since Madison was born that we don't have anything to do Christmas day (atlest until 5). I'm very excited about that though. Maybe the kids will actually get to enjoy their presents for once!!

Amanda - mommy to Madison 7, Anthony 4, Harrison 1 and step-mom to Nick 8.</div>
December 20th, 2007, 11:11 AM
Nicole_M's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Three reasons:

#1. When Robbie takes Alisha there, it's my precious time alone in the house.
#2. Their house is really dirty.
#3. Even though they don't smoke in the house when Alisha is there, it still reeks of smoke. And when you leave, so do you.
[/b]
I think we could have the same ILs. We don't even bring Roger to my MILs.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search