My due date...

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 20th, 2007, 06:04 AM
CBMS
I'm due today!

*message to Luke: Ok, little guy... you are now 40 weeks old; you can come out anytime. We want to put you in these cute clothes your grandma bought you, mister!*
December 20th, 2007, 06:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
As I got to the end my hubby was convinced the baby was a boy. He said if it was a girl she would be impatient like me and come early, but if it was a boy he would be relaxed and come whenever he pleased, like hubby. Sure enough, 5 days past my due date!
December 20th, 2007, 06:21 AM
~Trina~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~Trina~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Trina~
I doubt this is of any consolation to you right now .... but you know, I always wanted to hit my due date! I don't know WHY... but probably because I knew I most likely would never get to experience the whole "I'm due TODAY" thing. Yes, I know that's crazy! Four of my five kids were born between 36w0d and 36w4d ... and the other one was born at 38w0d

"A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water." -- Eleanor Roosevelt
December 20th, 2007, 06:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I doubt this is of any consolation to you right now .... but you know, I always wanted to hit my due date! I don't know WHY... but probably because I knew I most likely would never get to experience the whole "I'm due TODAY" thing. Yes, I know that's crazy! Four of my five kids were born between 36w0d and 36w4d ... and the other one was born at 38w0d[/b]

WOW-were you shocked when it happened the first time or did you know or was it planned early?
December 20th, 2007, 06:25 AM
CBMS
I really don't mind. Maddie was my earliest: 38+5. Rina was born at exactly 40 weeks, Kaity was born at 40+4. I'm not in any hurry, really... I haven't been terribly uncomfortable like I was with my first or third...
December 20th, 2007, 06:44 AM
~Trina~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~Trina~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Trina~
Quote:
Quote:
I doubt this is of any consolation to you right now .... but you know, I always wanted to hit my due date! I don't know WHY... but probably because I knew I most likely would never get to experience the whole "I'm due TODAY" thing. Yes, I know that's crazy! Four of my five kids were born between 36w0d and 36w4d ... and the other one was born at 38w0d[/b]

WOW-were you shocked when it happened the first time or did you know or was it planned early?
[/b]

I wasn't really shocked ... I had a lot of preterm labor, hospital stays etc. I knew they said they weren't going to stop it anymore after 36 weeks so I was *sorta* expecting it.

However, with my 4th .... he was born at 36 weeks 0 days .. and that was a shock. I hadn't really had much preterm labor with him...but I went in that night cuz I felt like crap and like something wasn't "right" and it turned out that I was in labor that wasn't like any of my previous labors lol I didn't even bring my BAG with me

"A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water." -- Eleanor Roosevelt
December 20th, 2007, 06:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't know what we're doing with the in-laws yet. We will be there at some point Saturday-Tuesday. Well, except not on Monday, we'll be at my parent's on Monday.
December 20th, 2007, 06:54 AM
CBMS
Quote:
I don't know what we're doing with the in-laws yet. We will be there at some point Saturday-Tuesday. Well, except not on Monday, we'll be at my parent's on Monday.[/b]

You put that in the wrong thread, I think.
December 20th, 2007, 07:15 AM
Luke is not allowed to be born until after Christmas dinner. I'm afraid he's already hopelessly attached to his aunt, and he's listening to me telepathically. Sorry.
December 20th, 2007, 07:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oops!! That's what I get for having a thread open, walking away from my computer, and coming back thinking I know which thread I'm in.

Anyway, Luke we'll be coming out tomorrow, lol. That's my guess so I'm sure he'll cooperate, right?
December 20th, 2007, 07:19 AM
Nicole_M's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't guess yet, so I'm going to guess Dec. 23. That's my sister's birthday, my husband's birthday, my friend's baby's birthday, my friend's brother's birthday . . . . seems like a great day to be born!
December 20th, 2007, 09:01 AM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
Quote:
I've always thought it would be neat to hit my due date also just to say "I'm due today" lol 4 pregnancies and the longest I've gone is 37 weeks.

December 20th, 2007, 09:27 AM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
My mother was at an Eagles fish fry an hour away from any hospital the day I was due. Uncle Jeno asked when she was due, and she told him cheerfully, "Today!". He had a fit about how far they were from the hospital. I wasn't born for another week to the day.
December 20th, 2007, 10:27 AM
Send a message via AIM to anleebrick
Quote:
My mother was at an Eagles fish fry an hour away from any hospital the day I was due. Uncle Jeno asked when she was due, and she told him cheerfully, "Today!". He had a fit about how far they were from the hospital. I wasn't born for another week to the day. [/b]
Luke already missed your birthday, but Today is Kathryn's Birthday, Moriah's birthday is the 22, Jody's is Tuesday and mine is in 9 days. Have him on one of those days??? Tuesday would be good but not till after dinner like Jody said.

December 20th, 2007, 10:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My mom was always an hour from the hospital since that's how far it was to one with a maternity ward. Luckily (or not) she didn't have very quick labors.
December 20th, 2007, 04:02 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
My mom never made it to term either. One sister was born at 26 weeks or so at home (she couldn't make it in time!). My other sister was induced at 28 weeks (as soon as her lungs developed) because my moms RA was attacking her and denying her nutrients. I was born at 36 weeks, and my sister at 38.

Anthony was born between 35-37 weeks (we don't know exactly how far along he was.) He only weighed 5 lbs 13 oz and scored a 3 and then a 4 on his apgar. But I had a placental abruption, so that might be why.

Anastasia was born right at 39 weeks.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
December 20th, 2007, 04:18 PM
gctattoo
There is some dispute about whether I was late or on time. My mom thinks she actually got pregnant two weeks after she originally thought she was. She claims that a sinus infection delayed ovulation. At least that's the story she tells since she was on heavy meds for the infection and doesn't want to think I was affected. Gee, you think the meds did something bad to me? Going by my earlier conception date, I was two weeks and two days late. But we'll never know.

Alisha was born four days late. And that was only because I was partially induced after my water broke. Had my water not broken, I'm convinced she'd still be in there. She was ready to come out though-- 7 lbs. 11 oz. with an Apgar score of 9.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search