Super Busy Day

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 20th, 2007, 07:18 AM
dingledine's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to dingledine Send a message via Yahoo to dingledine
I just made out my to-do list, we are leaving tomorrow, so I can see it will be a super busy day. It is only 7am here and I have been up an hour. I guess it is time to go see if the little guy is awake, make breakfast and get started making Christmas cookies, shortly thereafter. My list is about a mile long, some of the stuff MUST be done, and a few of the things are... wouldn't it be nice to get it done.

I am going to take pictures of the cookies, so you can drool!

What is everyone else doing today?

Jewelry for yourself, or for a friend. Breastfeeding aides, beautiful bracelets, earings and more.

Store.beadsarebeautiful.com
December 20th, 2007, 09:39 AM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
In the next 24 hours I have to ...

Clean the house top to bottom, specifically including the party basement which I usually ignore, finish decorating for tomorrow night, bake about 6 more kinds of cookies and make 6 or 7 kinds of candy (most of which I don't even have all the stuff for as we speak), grocery shop for the party food, pay the IRS online, do a bank trip so that I can transfer money from DH's account to mine (they aren't linked), make a delivery or 3 for people needing last minute gift items, process Bambi the dead deer on ice in my garage, and go xmas shopping today rather than Saturday as I do not have a death wish.

I may have a stroke.
December 20th, 2007, 09:55 AM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
I am trying to sort Christmas presents and start wrapping. I want to go to Target too.

December 20th, 2007, 10:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm working, then doing more shopping, then going home and getting everything wrapped.

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/
December 20th, 2007, 10:16 AM
Aw, crap, you have to wrap presents as well as buy them!? Add that to the list. lol.
December 20th, 2007, 10:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
yes ma'am, ty took his presents to school today for his friends there, and now there are only two little lonely presents under the tree. its looks sad

My Blog
December 20th, 2007, 10:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Working, then possibly going over to April's this afternoon. I may hit another Walgreens on the way home. That 1/2 sale they are having on the $9.99 toys (you have to have the coupon from their webpage) isn't too shabby. So far I've gotten a nicer barbie (you know how you can tell the ones that were $5 and the ones that were a little more?), a set of beads for making jewelry, a roboraptor, a "classic" fisher price pull phone (it looks just like the one I had when I was little), and a chou chou baby doll, all for only $4.99 each. What children will I be giving these too? I have no idea. But that's hardly the point is it?
December 20th, 2007, 11:45 AM
CBMS
I had a mw appt this morning... now I should be cleaning, but alas... I sit hopelessly typing away into cyberspace. I am far too addicted to JM... far too addicted.

Sometime I should probably start on dinner. After I decide what dinner will be, of course...
December 20th, 2007, 12:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I worked and I need to wrap gifts tonight. I also might make some cookies, since I haven't stolen any at work lately
December 20th, 2007, 04:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well this morning I folded and put away 2 loads of laundry and washed and dried 2 more (I have to fold and put them away later tonight), finished wrapping Christmas gifts except for the $$$ I have to put in envelopes for my mom and sister, decorated the sugar cookies, went to work, and made 2 CVS stops. I need to figure out what to eat for dinner here in a bit.
December 20th, 2007, 06:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
i finished shopping for everyone but B, and i have everything ready to wrap, but I just dont feel like it

My Blog
December 20th, 2007, 07:21 PM
I got the shopping and the deliveries basically done. The remainder of my list does just that, remains. *sigh* Tonight I still have to clean, make more sweet goodness, and decorate my basement. And someone around here needs to process a dead Bambi. Ugh.
December 20th, 2007, 07:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I got the shopping and the deliveries basically done. The remainder of my list does just that, remains. *sigh* Tonight I still have to clean, make more sweet goodness, and decorate my basement. And someone around here needs to process a dead Bambi. Ugh.[/b]
DO the other people in your house ever do anything? You would think that with more adults around you wouldn't have to do everything!
December 20th, 2007, 07:45 PM
LOL, Kris, some days it doesn't seem like it, but in all reality they do. Everyone was out all day. The boys are cleaning as we speak, and as soon as I finish up this smokey treat (I'm on the laptop on the porch), that's where I'm headed as well.
December 21st, 2007, 07:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
B and I exchanged a few gifts last night. we suck at waiting.

My Blog
December 21st, 2007, 07:55 AM
I got the house somewhat tidied, some laundry done, need to finish that this morning, the packing. Made 3 big batches of cookies, went shopping for beads and presents. Cleaned out my car, wiped down the windows and inside (lest Dh spend time griping about the filth in my car on our 3.5 hour drive to Portland today... and it was dirty) Took a bath to relax after all of that.

Dh installed a light and spent some time with Evan. Matthew helped with cookies and cleaning, and so did Evan. I am glad that Matthew can be such a great help around the house, even if he doesn't do the exact quality job that I might appreciate... at least it gets done.

Looks like it is time to wake up the boys and get this day rolling. I have a work list a mile long and we are leaving in 4 hours, just after lunch and cleanup.

Jewelry for yourself, or for a friend. Breastfeeding aides, beautiful bracelets, earings and more.

December 21st, 2007, 09:01 AM
I forgot that I painted the baseboards too yesterday, 3 rooms worth.

December 21st, 2007, 09:12 AM
CBMS
I wish I could do something... I just feel too tired and unmotivated to move. I don't even want to get up to go get the little debbie snack I keep thinking about. I'm tired, I say. TIRED!

I actually started laundry AGAIN this morning though, despite being so tired. I really want to finish this laundry. I am so close to being done... I feel like hell is freezing over or something being this close to done with laundry.
December 21st, 2007, 09:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm off work today. I still woke up at 8am though. Went and fed the outside dogs. Cut myself on one of the cans of food...grrr. Gave them their worm pills. Came in, gathered up the trash and took it down...drove it down...I wasn't walking 4 big bags 2 acres down to the end of the driveway. Came BACK in rounded up the cats and forced them to take their worm pills, the black one is still mad at me, she got me pretty good though. Between her and the can I have 5 bandaids decorating me now. Got the Chihuahua back out of her crate where she'd been while I was accomplishing the above, gave her a bath, gave her breakfast and her pill, took her towels out of her crate and they are in the bathtub soaking in dawn before they go in the washer. I'm on my second load of laundry and I've got a bunch of what was piled up put away but there's still a way to go plus the rest of the loads I need to run and put away. I also want to vaccuum the living room and bedrooms and mop the bathrooms, kitchen and utility room, and straighten up a little more in general.

Ugh, I hate cleaning.

Oh! I also gathered up all our 12pks of soda and put them in the corner of the kitchen. We have....28. I MAY have went overboard.
December 21st, 2007, 01:25 PM
The house is clean, the basement is done, most of the food is ready to go ... well all that can be right this second. I have to start more preps in a few minutes. The cookies are done, 2 of today's 3 candies are done. I'll probably skip chocolate covered pretzels for tonight and make them tomorrow for our xmas goodies pile. I have not organized the presents in the office yet, which is making me crazy, but I'm just closing the door and not worrying about it.

Almost time to relax, girls ... almost.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search