appt. update...

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 20th, 2007, 12:12 PM
CBMS
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... I gained two pounds this week! Stupid cake... stupid cream cheese bagels... stupid olive garden... stupid chik fil a and so on and so forth. LOL

Anyway--that only puts me up 12 all together. *shrug*

I am dilated to 2 cm, but 0 effacement as yet... I wasn't going to let her to a membrane stripping, but then decided to go with it at the last second. She was much more careful than I'd been treated in the past. Maybe if the last time my membranes were stripped it had been that painless I wouldn't have been afraid.

Anyway... he's gotten himself partially turned now--he's not sunny side up, but he's facing my left hip now. He's just kind of hanging out sideways.

Could be today, could be tomorrow, could be a week or so away...
December 20th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad the stripping wasnt as bad. Come on out now Luke, you've made us wait long enough

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/
December 20th, 2007, 12:16 PM
gctattoo
Hmmmmmm....the membrane stripping has me a little concerned about my Christmas Eve prediction. Your water is gonna break tonight between 11 and midnight. So it shall be.
December 20th, 2007, 12:18 PM
CBMS
My water has never broken on its own before, Teri... I don't foresee it happening this time. I was 10 and ready to push each time, and they had to break it for me...
December 20th, 2007, 12:20 PM
gctattoo
I stand by my prediction.
December 20th, 2007, 03:40 PM
dingledine's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to dingledine Send a message via Yahoo to dingledine
With Matthew I was induced and they broke my water right away. Evan was natural, and my bag of water BLOCKED him from coming out as fast as he would have. Finally it broke and he came out 2 pushes later. So... well... good luck. Glad your membrane stripping didn't hurt. When my water was broke with Matthew and maybe my membranes were stripped too....... IT WAS THE MOST PAINFUL PART OF BIRTH!!!!!!!!!!! I wanted to hurt someone.

SO SO SO glad it didn't hurt you this time. Hope Luke comes out soon. I LOVE that name... but it doesn't go with our last name, which starts with an L, or that would be Evans name too.

Jewelry for yourself, or for a friend. Breastfeeding aides, beautiful bracelets, earings and more.

Store.beadsarebeautiful.com
December 20th, 2007, 04:41 PM
CBMS
Quote:
I stand by my prediction. [/b]

Which one?

His name's actually going to be Anderson Luke M****. We're just going to call him Luke because I fear people calling him "Andy." blech.
December 20th, 2007, 04:56 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
oooh I hope it helps! But he'll still be born on Christmas.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
December 20th, 2007, 05:07 PM
gctattoo
Quote:
Quote:

Which one?

His name's actually going to be Anderson Luke M****. We're just going to call him Luke because I fear people calling him "Andy." blech.
[/b]
My newest prediction about your water breaking in less than 5 hours from now. Just because it hasn't happened before doesn't mean it won't.

*ETA: I just had to fix this post. WTH is up with my phrase "watering breaking"? Can I claim that Luke is eating my brain as well? And Sonja immortalized it forever with her quoting me.
December 20th, 2007, 07:19 PM
soninole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Which one?

[/b]
My newest prediction about your watering breaking in less than 5 hours from now. Just because it hasn't happened before doesn't mean it won't.
[/b]

Very true. I was my mom's fourth child and the only that her water broke on it's own.

December 20th, 2007, 08:25 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
Oooo, tonight tonight. Good call, Teri, good call!

I wait with baited breath for the phone to ring ... ring little phone, ring.
December 20th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Send a message via AIM to anleebrick
Call my house if you go into labor tonight. I need to charge my new cell phone and figure out it's number LoL and then you can call me no matter where I am. Woot!
December 20th, 2007, 11:34 PM
Veteran
Well I know my doctor I had with Anthony was an idiot (he had to take a break in the middle of me pushing him out because he had to check with another dr. to figure out what to do next!) But he and the dr. I had with Harrison both told me that strippint the membranes only works if you go home and have sex that night. I can however honestly say that it never worked for me, and it hurt too bad.

Amanda - mommy to Madison 7, Anthony 4, Harrison 1 and step-mom to Nick 8.</div>
December 21st, 2007, 07:01 AM
CBMS
Well, my MW didn't mention sex, thank goodness.

It (the stripping of membranes) has always caused me to lose mucous and have spotting with the others... I had a tiny bit of mucous yesterday, but that's it...

ah well. He'll come out when he's ready...
December 21st, 2007, 07:07 AM
gctattoo
I lost some of my plug due to sex. But I'm sure you'd rather keep him in there forever than to go that route.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search