Target Last Night

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 21st, 2007, 09:47 AM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
Doesn't count for the groc challenge but...

I got...
4 travel packs of Huggies wipes in Christmas packages 1.47 each
1 polly pocket $2.92
A ball stocking stuffer that I couldn't pry out of Paige's hands! lol $3.99
4 items from the dollar bin for stocking stuffers

OOP $6.xx (too lazy to grab my reciept and see what the change was.)

I looked at my receipt when I got out to the van and saw that the cashier had put the polly pocket coupon in for $5. Should have just been $2.92 since that is what the toy cost. Also I had 2 of the coupons for $3 off 2 Huggies products. The coupon says 1 per transaction. So I had planned on doing 2 transactions but she told me she would push it through in 1 because it was easier that way. Sure...wasn't going to argue with that! lol

I put the amount on a gift card that I got from the Early Intervention (EI) toy drive. So basically it was all free.

December 21st, 2007, 10:09 AM
LindseyMarie's Avatar Professionally Awesome
Send a message via AIM to LindseyMarie
Thats awesome! I got some of those huggies wipes in the chrsitmas packaging too. =-) Got to love free stuff!

The ball Paige got, was it that red and green bendy flexible ball thing? Caiden was amazed by it too!

After years of trying, 2 years of fertility meds, multiple surgeries, blood draws and needle sticks, some awful pre-IVF complications, and endometriosis and PCOS,
We are done TTC. Praying for peace as we accept this...
Hoping for some comfort after our most recent (and 3rd) surgery and starting Lupron!

December 21st, 2007, 10:14 AM
CBMS
Hey wait... I hadn't even THOUGHT about getting those wipes! That makes it an even better savings... wowza! I can get a pack of those and a clean team, use the 3/2 coupon, a 2.00 cleanteam coupon, and end up with a nice overage!!

I may have to get some of those, too... hmmmmmmmmmmmm...

I want to go to Target so bad. Good thing I need to take the kids to get gifts...
December 21st, 2007, 10:17 AM
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
Quote:
Thats awesome! I got some of those huggies wipes in the chrsitmas packaging too. =-) Got to love free stuff!

The ball Paige got, was it that red and green bendy flexible ball thing? Caiden was amazed by it too![/b]
Yep...that is the exact ball she got! lol She saw it on the shelf and I let her play with it to entertain her while I shopped. Well we ended up taking it home! lol

Quote:
Hey wait... I hadn't even THOUGHT about getting those wipes! That makes it an even better savings... wowza! I can get a pack of those and a clean team, use the 3/2 coupon, a 2.00 cleanteam coupon, and end up with a nice overage!!

I may have to get some of those, too... hmmmmmmmmmmmm...

I want to go to Target so bad. Good thing I need to take the kids to get gifts... [/b]
What?!?!?! I found a deal Kim didn't. *****falling to floor fainting! lol

December 21st, 2007, 10:21 AM
CBMS
I was totally stoked about getting the 14cent wipes that I hadn't thought about those! I was thinking: 2.39x2 (for the tubs) = 4.78 - 3.00/2 - .75-.75= .28. But with the coupons saying "2.00 off any cleanteam with the purchase of any wipes..." means I can get overage! Overage trumps .14 anyday.
December 21st, 2007, 10:32 AM
Overage definitely trumps .14!!! No arguments here!!! I actually got those wipes because they were Christmas decorated and I am giving them to Claire for Christmas! lol I figure that since she is too young to care what she gets then she gets wipes! lol

December 21st, 2007, 10:37 AM
CBMS

Maddie is getting sippy cups. She desparately needs them--her cuppies are beginning to leak. She's been using them for over a year now. I got Dora this time--she loves Dora! Two packs of them, so four cups. I'll still need to grab some more pretty soon, but it's a start on replacing what we have. And it puts a present under the tree for her.
December 21st, 2007, 10:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I need to do that for layne, YAY for ideas

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/
December 21st, 2007, 10:45 AM
CBMS
Quote:
I need to do that for layne, YAY for ideas[/b]

I'm all about practical gifts. Stocking stuffers at our house usually consist of socks and underwear. And a few little candies and usually one present that's not socks or underwear. lol
December 21st, 2007, 10:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
well, i got socks at old navy on tuesday for stockings, and books for layne now i just have to get some sippy's. is it bad that he still uses a sippy?

My Blog
December 21st, 2007, 11:01 AM
CBMS
how old is he, Liz? Isn't he only two? I think Kaity used one until she was 4. I still tell her she needs one. She's clutzy...
December 21st, 2007, 11:09 AM
LindseyMarie's Avatar Professionally Awesome
Send a message via AIM to LindseyMarie
Caiden's getting a new one in his stocking, one of those design your own from Playtex! Really neat. Anyways, he's getting that, a johnsons bath buddy soap, some huggies hair/baby wash (the one with oatmeal), a toy cell phone, and some soothies, and a pair of socks. Really just things he needs, and then one fun thing.

After years of trying, 2 years of fertility meds, multiple surgeries, blood draws and needle sticks, some awful pre-IVF complications, and endometriosis and PCOS,
We are done TTC. Praying for peace as we accept this...
Hoping for some comfort after our most recent (and 3rd) surgery and starting Lupron!

December 21st, 2007, 11:12 AM
I got Paige a carseat for her 1st bday....talk about a useful present! lol

December 21st, 2007, 11:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like a great idea to me!

And Liz, don't worry, he's still good to be using a sippy!
December 21st, 2007, 11:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
yeah, he just turned 2 last month. I just worry about him sometimes. I dont want to further put him behind by babying him more than i should

My Blog
December 21st, 2007, 11:41 AM
CBMS
My rule is: as long as they aren't careful enough for a real cup, it's a sippy. There is nothing I hate worse than cleaning up messy spills that could have been avoided.

well, maybe there is...
December 21st, 2007, 11:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
his first day of preschool in august they gave him a DIXIE CUP!!!!!!!!!

who gives a child that isnt even 2 a dixie cup to drink from

i thought it was insane

My Blog
December 21st, 2007, 12:06 PM
Paige will be 2 in Jan and drinks from a sippy. I think Alexis was 3 before she drank from a regular cup. I prefer a sippy to cleaning up spills! lol The 2 year old I babysit uses a sippy too.

December 21st, 2007, 01:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
his first day of preschool in august they gave him a DIXIE CUP!!!!!!!!!

who gives a child that isnt even 2 a dixie cup to drink from

i thought it was insane[/b]
Corey's preschool did the same thing. We told her he drinks from a sippy cup, and brought it with him. They gave him a dixie cup which he spilled all over himself. Needless to say he was using his sippy cup later that day COrey was 2 at the end of October and he uses his sippy at home. He's getting better with dixie cups now though.
December 21st, 2007, 01:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
i always just send his cup to preschool. its just a once a week thing, and i would rather send a cup than 15 shirts for him to change into when he spills

My Blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search