Update on my work...

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 22nd, 2007, 09:13 AM
Veteran
Well I made it into work last night, and it was horrible. I did not take Anthony to therapy because there was no way for me to be on time to work if I did. Thankfully DH was home before I had to go to work so I didn't have to take them out to my moms. However, now they have me scheduled for stupid hours next week. Hours I specifically told my boss I didn't like working because DH works Sat. and Sun mornings. Plus I'm working Christmas Eve, which really isn't a huge deal, but I know her intientions of scheduling me that. She has 4 people coming in at 7 am, to do the job of 3. I think she's counting on me not being there honestly.

Anyways, I can't quit this job until I atleast find another one. But in the meanwhile how do I deal with people that don't want me there?? Like I said, I know how it works there. I know what she is doing. I used to be her assistant and I watched her do it to other people. And then she will be fake to me. I guarantee that as soon as she sees me next, which will be tomorrow probably, she's be all nice and ask me if my schedule was ok. And she'll have some reasoning as to why she did it that makes no sense. Usually I would just tell her it was perfect, just so she wouldn't think she got the better of me. Meanwhile we both know she's screwing me over.

So my question is, how do you work with people that don't want you there??

Oh and I heard last night that CVS is hiring and they start out at only .50 less than I'm making now. But I would have to get hired by the shift supervisor that accused me of coupon fraud!

Amanda - mommy to Madison 7, Anthony 4, Harrison 1 and step-mom to Nick 8.</div>
December 22nd, 2007, 09:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Are there other grocery stores, a (yes I'm saying it) Walmart, Target, anything like that? Honestly I think I'd go out TODAY and apply at ALL those places. I'm sure at least one is hiring and at least for Walmart I know they have a weekends only shift they can put you on.
December 22nd, 2007, 09:23 AM
Veteran
We have a Walmart, but its' 30 min. away. I'll have to check online to see if I can apply there though. I can't go applying today because DH works until I go into work.

Amanda - mommy to Madison 7, Anthony 4, Harrison 1 and step-mom to Nick 8.</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search