what do you think...

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 22nd, 2007, 12:59 PM
jenniferleighxo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to jenniferleighxo
My food budget "could" be changed to? Right now we have been spending $160/month for myself,my husband, my 2 year old and the baby is on baby food. With being serious about coupons...rebates and everything...what would you say...do you think the lowest our food budget could be?

</div><div align="center">

</div>
December 22nd, 2007, 01:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
First, what are you including in the $160? Food, baby food, diapers, cleaning supplies, toiletries, etc? Most people can easily keep within $100 per person per month for all of those things. Also, are you spending a lot on take out food or eating out or do you eat in, pack lunches, etc. That can vary it quite a bit.
December 22nd, 2007, 03:17 PM
jenniferleighxo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to jenniferleighxo
We don't take out food- nor does my hubby eat out at lunch, he brown bags it everyday.

Yes all of the above is included.

</div><div align="center">

</div>
December 22nd, 2007, 03:19 PM
CBMS
I'd say leave your budget where it is and see what you can do with that much. You may be able to stockpile enough that you can reduce it to 125 or so after you have gotten the real swing of couponing and stuff.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search