I need

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 22nd, 2007, 04:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
to know if I can make yeast rolls with the same basic bread recipe that i have. and of course how I would go about that. I need to make them for tomorrow night dinner. any help would be much appreciated.

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/
December 22nd, 2007, 07:05 PM
CBMS
I use the skillet bread recipe for them... I'd assume you can, but I don't really know...
December 22nd, 2007, 07:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
so you use skillet bread recipe and then you bake it instead of frying?

My Blog
December 22nd, 2007, 07:59 PM
CBMS
Yes, Ma'am. I do the recipe as it says, and then make my little roll shapes, and put them on a cookie sheet. Let rise in a warm spot for 40 minutes or so, and bake at 350. Then I brush them with butter when they come out. They are a lighter roll--they aren't near as 'heavy' as a typical yeast roll... so it kind of just depends on what you like to eat...
December 23rd, 2007, 07:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I dont care about the heaviness, i just want them to be yummy and homemade and not from a plastic bag.

It will go with my homemade mac and cheese pretty well i think

My Blog
December 23rd, 2007, 08:15 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
yes, the skillet recipe rocks. Kim adds extra sugar, and so do I and it came out yummy!
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
December 23rd, 2007, 09:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I dont care about the heaviness, i just want them to be yummy and homemade and not from a plastic bag.

It will go with my homemade mac and cheese pretty well i think[/b]
I normally love homemade mac and cheese, but I didn't like it much the last time I made it...but that was when nothing was really good! What kind of cheese do you use? I use Velveeta and it is so rich and creamy!
December 23rd, 2007, 10:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I make it with a homemade cheese sauce with shredded cheddar, with cheddar on top.

My Blog
December 23rd, 2007, 02:30 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
I'm probably late to this party, but there's a great roll recipe (with picture instructions) on The Pioneer Woman Cooks. Plus, Ree (the author) is hilarious. Google it. It's good times.
December 24th, 2007, 06:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
well my rolls were a disaster. they didnt rise correctly. I think it was too cold in my house. They looked awful, so we used some from a bag once we got there.

My Blog
December 24th, 2007, 08:36 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
When my house is cold I stick my oven on warm and place them on top, so that there is some warmth blowing on them. It helps a lot.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
December 24th, 2007, 09:36 AM
CBMS
Quote:
yes, the skillet recipe rocks. Kim adds extra sugar, and so do I and it came out yummy![/b]

Thanks for adding that...because I didn't remember that detail.

sorry they didn't turn out, Liz. When it's cool in the kitchen here, I just turn the oven onto 350 until the elements turn red, then turn it off and let the bread/rolls/whatever rise in there... works great.
December 24th, 2007, 11:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I will try that next time. I was pretty bummed about them. But theres always next time

My Blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search