My super Saturday shopping success...

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 22nd, 2007, 08:20 PM
CBMS
For a change, I had two good experiences IN A ROW at two CVS stores!

usually, I have a-holes that don't want to let me use all the coupons I have and stuff... this was great, though...

I started at the the bigger, brand new CVS, so I had to pass a CVS (and Albertson's--my last stop) on the way.

I got:

1 pack of halls 1.50
1 pack of quattro disposables (they were out of the good ones! boo) 5.99
1 4 pack of D energizer batteries 5.29
4 Hershey's 5 oz bars (stocking stuffers ) BOGO @ 1.50
2 8-packs of trident (stocking stuffers ) 2.29 each

coupons I had:

5/15
5/batteries
4/quattro
1/manu batteries (nothing like getting paid .71 to take them home!!)
1/halls
2.29/BOGO trident
2.00 EBs

Total OOP: .45! (subtotal was .07) Saved: 29.64 PLUS! I got 3.00 EBs back!

Then I went to the other CVS to see if they had the quattro I really wanted, since I had two coupons

They did, and I had another battery coupon and since the 5EBs wyb 15 sale starts again tomorrow, I decided to grab more pay me batteries I had to kind of poke around for what else I wanted since there's no oasis, tylenol, or energy drinks to be found...

I got:

1 quattro 7.99
1 8-pack of AA energizer batteries 5.29
2 5 oz. hershey's bars BOGO @ 1.50
2 bottles of fruit2O waters

coupons I had:

5/15
5/batteries
1/manu batteries
4/quattro
1/2 fruit2O waters

total OOP: 1.39 (subtotal was .96) total savings: 22.28! AND! I got back 4.00 in EBs.

so all in all, I spent 2.00 in EBs, 1.84 in cash, and got back 7.00 EBs! woot!!!!

I may not be rolling them as well as some of you brats, but I still got it.

*I didn't finish! Both cashiers were really nice; they didn't try to say "you can't do this" And both said I was a great shopper. I love that.

THEN... on to Albertson's to get Maddie's WIC check cashed...

gotta love the extra 2 lbs. of cheese, you know.

I got to the checkout, and the guy was new, so he had to have help. The "trainer" said, "no; stop ringing up the cheese. THIS is two pounds. The check says two pounds." I said, "yes, but every second one is free, so I get four pounds." She said, "no you don't. The check says TWO POUNDS." I grabbed my handy dandy WIC handbook, and said, "the WIC handbook says otherwise...." She called a manager, and of course, the manager told her that I was correct.

I love having to train the trainers.
December 22nd, 2007, 08:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yes, you definitely still have it! I can't beleive how brave you are to beo ut and shopping when you're ready to pop! I didn't go anywhere for like a week before my due date and I still had 5 more days after that!!!!
December 22nd, 2007, 08:32 PM
CBMS
Oh... I love getting out. I spend so much time IN the house, that on weekends, I'm pretty stir crazy. I'd be extra special stir crazy if I had to stay inside right now!

I'm going out again in the morning before we go to my ILs too. Target. woot.

(OH!!! And I only have to get paid for one more pack of batteries to get my 5.00EBs back! woot!)
December 22nd, 2007, 08:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
(OH!!! And I only have to get paid for one more pack of batteries to get my 5.00EBs back! woot!)[/b]
You started getting credit for them today????

Since I normally stop at CVS on the way to/from work, I won't be heading there tomorrow which is when the $5 coupon expires. I'd have to head out 3 different times of day to avoid being obvious and that just isn't worth the gas!!! But I'd say I've gotten quite enough EB/free stuff even if I don't do that deal!
December 22nd, 2007, 08:41 PM
CBMS
YES! They program the computers early! They rang up at 5.29, and I only need another 4.42 according to the second receipt. woot!

I'm lucky. I have SO MANY CVS stores right here.

Put in 34668 into the locator and just see how many pop up on there! It's insane, really... do the same for publix sometime too, just for fun. When I say I have six or seven Publix or CVS stores all within a few minutes of my house, I mean it.
December 22nd, 2007, 08:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That's awesome! ANd at least these are something you can use (not like the meters!!). We usually like Duracell, but for free/getting paid for them who can resist? I can't...could be why we have 10 packs!!!! It'l be nice not to have to buy them for awhile!!!
December 22nd, 2007, 08:43 PM
CBMS
*actually... I just did it, and it only shows THREE! That's a little weird.. there's more than that! There's three that are super close, and at least three more that are a few minutes farther out...
December 22nd, 2007, 08:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
WOW! You are lucky with that! I have 3 WAGs within 5 minutes or so, but the closest CVS is 10-15 minutes away. With a fgas guzzler like mine it only makes sense to go to the ones on the way to work! I don't know what I'll do in June!!! I so wish they would build one closer...instead they decided to build hell down the street!!!
December 22nd, 2007, 08:46 PM
gctattoo
Great job, Kim. It's about time you get a cashier who isn't a stupid hooker. It sucks though that you can't find the energy drinks, Tylenol, or Oasis. My store is stocked up with everything except the Oasis. Apparently they didn't get any in on their order yesterday. I only want one more little spray. I'll try again next weekend. I had to do an impromptu scenario tonight when they didn't have it, but I still wanted to use my 5/15 CRT. I ended up with a little over $1 OOP so that wasn't bad.
December 22nd, 2007, 08:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I actually found 2 of the energy drinks the other night (which worked out perfectly with 1 pack of batteries!) except I only had a 3/15 left in my coupon stash! I hadn't planned on making so many stops that day (I did 2 on the way to work and 2 on the way home!!). I wasn't going to stop on the way home but the kiddo asked to go to the store (he is obsessed with getting a balloon and then carrying it around the store). But I figured making 3 bucks on them was better than nothing!
December 22nd, 2007, 08:49 PM
CBMS
I just searched WAG and the first 9 are all pretty close.

I am in a shopping mecca...
December 22nd, 2007, 08:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'd say!
December 23rd, 2007, 03:53 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
I have a ton of Walgreens ... they're all over the place. There are only 5 CVS' within 100 miles, luckily all within about 10 minutes of each other, lol. The problem is it's 20 miles to that cluster, so I only go there if I'm already needing to shop on that side of town. When DH had therapy on that same street, it was easier. Not to much anymore.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search