Do you or Santa give a gift that is a tradtion?

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 22nd, 2007, 08:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Santa brings an ornament with his name and the year written on it each Christmas.
December 22nd, 2007, 08:25 PM
CBMS
Not really...

It's tradition (since I was a kid) that we open our jammies on Christmas Eve. That way, we're wearing nice new jammies for pictures on Christmas morning.
December 22nd, 2007, 08:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We always had to get up and get dressed and eat breakfast before opening any gifts. We did last year, but now the kiddo likes to go downstairs right when he gets up! This morning he got up and went down there and then later when I went to check on him the light was on-I asked him how he turned it on-he had moved my scrapbooking box with paper in it (about 3 inches tall) over to the lightswitch to get it on! What a stinker!!
December 23rd, 2007, 08:09 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
Every year you get an ornament. And every Christmas eve we open up PJ's to wear that night.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
December 23rd, 2007, 02:40 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
We have a couple. Everyone gets an ornament before xmas, when we put the tree up. We don't do the jammie thing, but there's always fruit in our stockings. Mmmm, fruit. And, my dad gets the same gift every year, the Budweiser Holiday Stein for whatever year it is. It's been that way since I was born.
December 23rd, 2007, 06:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
we dont really have any traditions

but B started buying the budweiser stein this year. his cousin has gotten one for years, and now b has decided he wanted to start doing it that

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/
December 23rd, 2007, 06:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We don't really have any traditions.
December 23rd, 2007, 09:45 PM
My dad has them all the way back to 1980 (the year they started). We got *the* last one a couple days ago. We couldn't find it, couldn't find it, couldn't find it. I nearly had a stroke, and Adam almost leapt across the aisle at the one we did find.
December 24th, 2007, 06:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
B's cousin has them back that far as well. Our local grocery store carries them, but we got it early. they are all gone now. he got one for him and his 2 best friends

My Blog
December 24th, 2007, 11:31 AM
We always get it at Meijer, but this year, not even an empty display like that used to have them but were out. We found one in the center aisle by accident and Adam about killed someone for it. lol.
December 24th, 2007, 11:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy

they are definitely pretty cool. Now i have to try to find some kind of shelf for them

My Blog
December 24th, 2007, 05:50 PM
soninole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was going to start the jammies thing but the ones that I bought Peyton for this year are way too warm. Poor kid was sweating in them so I had to switch his clothes.

December 24th, 2007, 06:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
we started the jammie thing this year too, i dont know if we will do it next year or not, but it worked perfect for this year

My Blog
December 24th, 2007, 06:48 PM
gctattoo
Nope, no traditions here since we don't celebrate Christmas at this point.
December 25th, 2007, 10:09 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
We always do jammies on Christmas Eve. Everyone gets a new pair to open and then wear to bed.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search