hi, girls!!

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 23rd, 2007, 10:35 PM
CBMS
OK... so at noon, on the way to my ILs house, I had a contraction that I knew felt more like the real thing...I didn't tell anyone; I just kept an eye on the clock. They were about 12 or 13 minutes apart at that point.

By about 3, Scott had asked me several times what was up--I'd been leaving the room a lot more so I could breathe through them a little more, as they were starting to get more uncomfortable... By 4, I was fairly certain it'd be today. (well, now it's yesterday, but you know what I mean ). I called my mom to let her know that I was contracting, but I hadn't called the birth center, and I still didn't tell her how far apart they were (at that point, they were about 6 or 7 minutes). I called the midwife a little after 5, and they were about every 5 minutes. She thought it sounded like it'd be a while since I wasn't sounding very stressed or anything, and she said she'd meet us at 6:30 at the birth center. We headed out, and got there right about 630 (she had called on the way and said she was running behind because she was out when I called her). Now, on the way there, my contractions had gotten really close and were beginning to be a little intense. About 3 minutes apart...

She gets there at 6:44, and she checks me and I was a good 7. No wonder they were hurting--I was getting into transition already!

Little Anderson Luke arrived at 7:43 after a pretty quick pushing phase (7 minutes is what's in the notes). No tears (she said I had a couple "nicks"), no stitches, just a little handsome 7 lb. 10 oz. blondie...

My SIL took a lot of pictures, but she's only got a few up so far. Here are her shots:

My brand new boy:

His cute little feet:

My camera hardly got broken out... here's a picture of getting him checked:

ready to go home:

and after we got here:

I'm pretty much in love.
December 23rd, 2007, 10:40 PM
He's so purty. He pretty much looks just like you!! Congrats on a smooth delivery...as always!
December 23rd, 2007, 10:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Kim, he is adorable! Congrats and Merry Christmas!
December 23rd, 2007, 10:59 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
Blessed be, my dear, blessed be. *hugs*
December 23rd, 2007, 11:17 PM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh, Kim, he's absolutely stunning! What a little beauty! How is he nursing? Is he latching well, or is he gonna be a booger about it? lol. I remember Ethan latched right on and nursed perfectly from the get-go, Zack was a whole 'nother story, lol. Try to get some rest. We love you! Update when you can.

December 23rd, 2007, 11:28 PM
LindseyMarie's Avatar Professionally Awesome
Send a message via AIM to LindseyMarie
wow!! Congrats!! I am amazed at how birth centers work, and how you're home already! Like, you woke up in your bed pregnant, and you go to your own bed that night with your new baby! CONGRATS! He is PRECIOUS!

After years of trying, 2 years of fertility meds, multiple surgeries, blood draws and needle sticks, some awful pre-IVF complications, and endometriosis and PCOS,
We are done TTC. Praying for peace as we accept this...
Hoping for some comfort after our most recent (and 3rd) surgery and starting Lupron!

December 23rd, 2007, 11:32 PM
I was just discussing this with my husband earlier..."can you believe she just posted on the internet????"
December 23rd, 2007, 11:55 PM
Grateful~Gentle~Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh Kim, you got your boy!!! Congrats, he is beautiful and so healthy and I am very happy for you. Cant wait to hear about how Maddie likes the new babe.

</div>
December 24th, 2007, 12:11 AM
CBMS
Quote:
Oh, Kim, he's absolutely stunning! What a little beauty! How is he nursing? Is he latching well, or is he gonna be a booger about it? lol. I remember Ethan latched right on and nursed perfectly from the get-go, Zack was a whole 'nother story, lol. Try to get some rest. We love you! Update when you can.[/b]

He's doing pretty well, actually. He nursed like three or four times in the time I was at the birth center. He's nursing right now too. We're having a little tougher time on the left breast for some reason. He's had three meconiums, though, so I'd say that's a good sign, right?

Lisa--Maddie loves him. Right away she started saying, "I hode da baby. Pease." She's so cute. She keeps saying, "dat Yukie."

by the way... notice that he's awake in ALL the pictures!? He didn't sleep the entire time at the birth center, and he was really calm. He even made cute little babble noises!! Teri heard it!
December 24th, 2007, 12:51 AM
~Trina~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~Trina~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Trina~
CONGRATS!!!!!!! What a great day to be born (my first baby was born on Dec 23rd )!

"A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water." -- Eleanor Roosevelt
December 24th, 2007, 04:45 AM
groovie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! He's adorable!!
December 24th, 2007, 05:51 AM
jenniferleighxo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to jenniferleighxo
Congrats! He is Beautiful!

</div><div align="center">

</div>
December 24th, 2007, 06:07 AM
** Mandy **

YAY!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! He is beautiful!!! Sounds like the delivery went well so yay for that too!!!!

December 24th, 2007, 06:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats-he's a cutie. I love his little feet.
December 24th, 2007, 06:26 AM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
Congrats!!! He is sooooooooooooooo adorable!!!

December 24th, 2007, 07:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
OH KIMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is beautiful. Tax Deductible and all

oh and he sounds like he is already cooperating with mama's schedule. Didnt he come exactly when you asked him to?

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/
December 24th, 2007, 07:07 AM
gctattoo
Awwww.....he's so precious!! Congrats, Kim. You've made another adorable baby to go along with all your others.
December 24th, 2007, 07:14 AM
CBMS
Quote:
oh and he sounds like he is already cooperating with mama's schedule. Didnt he come exactly when you asked him to?[/b]
Pretty much; yes. I thought Sunday evening or anytime today would be great. lol

What a good boy.

He's a non sleeper, though. I can't believe how much he's been awake! He did finally sleep at about 4 this morning, and slept until a little bit ago and I nursed him and he's back down. He's been awake more than asleep, though... That's okay. He's super cute... I like just laying there looking at him.
December 24th, 2007, 07:24 AM
soninole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh, Kim, he is just gorgeous. congrats!

December 24th, 2007, 07:29 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Oh Kim he's beautiful! Congratulations! I think you got the most wonderful Christmas present ever!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search