Kitchen Aid stuff

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 25th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I just have my regular mixer, but after seeing Mandi and Kim mention things maybe I should get attachments to go with it. I can put them on my wish list for next year ( I always have a hard time thinking of things!)

What are things that you love and what are things that just aren't worth it?
December 25th, 2007, 06:44 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
I love my Kitchen Aid! OMG, Kris ... it does darn near everything.

Soooooooooooo worth it: the grinder attachment, as it grinds everything but grain and makes me happy.

Soooooooooooo not worth it: the slicer/shredder thing. Mine makes nothing but mush. It never actually produces slices of anything. I prefer to handslice or use my brand new mandolin.
December 25th, 2007, 07:03 PM
CBMS
I *love* my grinder. I like my regular pasta maker, too... but I will love my pasta roller as soon as I start using it (SOON!!). I use my slicer/shredder for cheese and for making hash browns. I can make hashbrowns nice n homemade for way cheaper using my kitchen aid. It doesn't do super fab on some stuff, though. Potatoes are fine, though.

I highly recommend the kitchen aid attachments.
December 26th, 2007, 12:11 AM
Veteran
I love my kitchen aid. I know what is going on my wishlist for next year.
TTC#1 w/ PCOS, Stage I endo and Slow Swimmers, Low Count (MFI)
IUI Cycle #1 - August 2008. 100mg Clomid cd5-9.
IUI Cycle #2 - September 2008. 100mg Clomid cd5-9.
IUI Cycle #3 - October 2008. 100mg Clomid cd4-8.
IUI Cycle #4 - December 2008. 100mg Clomid cd5-9; 75IU Bravelle
IUI Cycle #5 - January 2009. 5mg Femara; 75IU Bravelle. BFP! Early m/c at 4wk 2d.

<div align="center">

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1f3ea0" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">
</a>
</div>
December 27th, 2007, 05:18 AM
xlyingxwhispersx's Avatar Veteran
I have been DYING to get a kitchen aid for years now. I just cant afford it though I got a sunbeam (i think) mixer this year for xmas. It was 200$ and its really nice. But not as nice as a kitchen aid would be. Kim I would LOVE the pasta maker...I can even imagine. What about the ice cream attachement. Anyone have that??
December 27th, 2007, 06:15 AM
CBMS
200 bucks for a sunbeam? You could have gotten a KA for that. I think I might would... well, I think I'd exchange it. LOL

There is still a 50 dollar rebate on the stand mixer, and it's usually right at 199 to get the regular one. Use a 20% discount at BB&B or LnTs, and you really can save a bundle. That's how I got mine last year. It was a sale/discount/rebate deal.

Then you start the expensive task of getting your attachments. I got the shredder as a gift (from my husband; I also sent in for the rebate!); I had a 75.00 GC last year to BB&B, so I used a discount coupon and got it before year's end and also got 25% back; and now I got the pasta roller from my MIL because they did have the same deal again this year--on sale, with a rebate, etc. That's the one I've been eyeballing. I would LOVE the ice cream maker, but I'll just have to wait and save until they have another rebate deal happening. I definitely won't be doing it this time.
December 27th, 2007, 06:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
If the sunbeam was really 200 bucks I'd take it back too! You can frequently get the KA for 200-230 or so! Definitely worth the extra 30 bucks or so! Hubby got mine a few years ago on Black Friday at Kohls, but with all the BBB and LNT popping up and having coupons all the time it may be best to get it with a sale plus the coupon!

December 27th, 2007, 10:30 AM
Super Mommy
I wanted a pasta maker attachment, then I found out that they're $150 just for the attachment. Does anyone else think that that's an outrage that they want that much money for a pasta maker attachment? A pasta maker is like $40 (not on sale!) and an electrical one is still under a hundred bucks.

What about Sunbeam? Do they make pasta maker attachements? Are they good? Are they affordable?
December 27th, 2007, 10:38 AM
CBMS
Well, I don't mind paying what we do for the KA stuff... it's the absolute best quality you'll find. There's a cheaper pasta thing you can get, and it works just fine. I have that one too. My MIL got this one on sale, and she's getting the 25% rebate. It made it just over a hundred for the roller (ALL of the good rollers are expensive), the spaghetti cutter, and the fettuccini cutter... I think it's a great deal if you get it when it's rebated.
December 27th, 2007, 12:24 PM
The sunbeam doesnt have attachements, but its really nice and good quality. I did fib a little though, it was 179.99. LOL, so not quite 200$.
December 27th, 2007, 12:28 PM
I would so return that Sunbeam. $180?! No way. I love my KA. We are best friends. I have the ice cream maker in the back of my head as a long term wish because I want to see if it's possible to make Soy Milk Ice Cream that doesn't taste like paste.
December 27th, 2007, 01:11 PM
I cant return it.. My GMIL would be so upset
December 27th, 2007, 02:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
exchange it, she'll never know

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/
December 27th, 2007, 02:46 PM
Exactly. No harm, no foul, Liz.
December 28th, 2007, 04:47 AM
I dont know where she got it...or a reciept...plus they might see stromboli dough peices in it LOL
December 28th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Um...wash it!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search