Home Alone

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 26th, 2007, 05:44 AM
CBMS
Oy. This is tough stuff... I'm sooooo tired. Little man is sleeping (thank God), and my Maddie girl is eating her second bowl of oatmeal at the moment. I don't know when I'll get a shower. I have soooooo much cleaning to do to get this house back in some kind of order... ugh.

My little guy is pretty darn sweet though. Maddie has been a really good girl the past couple days, too, although I think she's slightly jealous. Every time I nurse Luke, she says, "I want nanaboobies too." So I have to put her off a while, "not yet; it's Lukie's turn first..." She doesn't like that so much. I do cuddle with her, though, while he's nursing. I just don't know how to nurse them both at the exact same time--that's something I will need to practice and learn. I do like that now I don't have to be engorged and sore! I just offer it to Maddie when I start getting ultra full, and she's happy to oblige. lol

How is the day after Christmas going for you??
December 26th, 2007, 05:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sure it's ben so busy for you Kim, but now that things are settling down you'll get into a routine and things will be fine!!

The kiddo woke up like 3 or 4 times last night (asking for Daddy each time). He normally doesn't wake up, but he isn't feeling well. So I got up with him this morning at 7-we just ate some breakfast. Hubby is sleeping and I won't bother him until 9 or so since he got up during the night. I am just so glad we still have the day off! I got some of the presents put away last night (ours anyway-the kiddo's are still out). I need to run to Target today to buy a container for all the LP stuff my aunt gave us, the bank to deposit the kiddo's $ he got (can you believe that little stinker already has almost $1600 in just 2.5 years!!), and I think that's it. I desperately want to go and take a shower...I was too lazy/tired to do it last night!
December 26th, 2007, 06:11 AM
jenniferleighxo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to jenniferleighxo
Hubby is back to work today :-( But, he gets off 2 hours early @ 2:30, he is using up his last 2 personal hours for 2007. And then he is off saturday,sunday,monday,tuesday! And the following saturday,sunday,monday! Can't ask for more than that! :-)

</div><div align="center">

</div>
December 26th, 2007, 06:25 AM
gctattoo
DH is back to work today as well. It'll be kinda nice to get back into the normal routine. Holidays are so boring. All I have planned today is laundry and a Publix trip. The sales really aren't so great, but they do have Fancy Feast on sale for the cats. So I'll use my 10/50 there but only spend about $10 for the grocery challenge. And I think I'll save the housecleaning for tomorrow. I'm feeling lazy today.
December 26th, 2007, 06:33 AM
CBMS
I have no 10/50's. Helps solve that problem--there will be NO shopping this week. Well, I'll have to make a trip to Winn Dixie for WIC, but that's it... hopefully it'll spit out a nice fat 10/50 for next week.
December 26th, 2007, 07:01 AM
gctattoo
I just realized that if I don't use my coupie at WD, I won't get another one for next week. Now I don't know what to do. I have so few coupons to use that I'd end up paying a ghastly OOP on just regular food at WD. And I really do want to take advantage of the cheap cat food. It's 45 cents per can. Do you have any idea how cheap that is?! Argh.....what to do? What to do?
December 26th, 2007, 07:10 AM
jenniferleighxo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to jenniferleighxo
yes I agree it is nice to get back into routine again.

no shopping for me here, except, for my victoria's secret giftcard + sear's giftcard

just doing housework myself and need to run a load of laundry. boo! hehe.

oh and doing my gpt, need to catch up from the weekend off!

</div><div align="center">

</div>
December 26th, 2007, 07:18 AM
CBMS
Quote:
I just realized that if I don't use my coupie at WD, I won't get another one for next week. Now I don't know what to do. I have so few coupons to use that I'd end up paying a ghastly OOP on just regular food at WD. And I really do want to take advantage of the cheap cat food. It's 45 cents per can. Do you have any idea how cheap that is?! Argh.....what to do? What to do?[/b]

Just go pick up a gallon of milk at WD; sometimes when I get one thing, it prints. I am sending off that free milk thing today. I'm such a freaking slacker.
December 26th, 2007, 07:24 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Goodness Kim you just had a baby! Take some time to relax and recuperate for a bit!

We have to go visit DH's grandmother today. We didn't visit yesterday so we need to get over there. We got a gift card for a place called Moe's (Mexican food) and they are right next to a movie theater. They do movie packages so I think we will use the gift card for that and have dinner and then go see I Am Legend or something.

December 26th, 2007, 07:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
DH is at wrok today. I have to go back tomorrow. Jordan is still sound asleep at 10:30 I guess I should be happy-because the house is pretty quiet. Corey is playing with all of his new cars.

I have laundry and tons of cleaning I should be doing-but I'm not in the mood.
December 26th, 2007, 07:38 AM
Veteran
I still have Christmas at my moms tonight. I pick Anthony up from therapy at 3:30, then come back home get the rest of the gang and head over there. But she's making margaritas so it should be fun!!

Other than that I don't really HAVE to do anything today. We cleaned up the house last night, including putting up all the new toys. But I may do a load of laundry at least.

Amanda - mommy to Madison 7, Anthony 4, Harrison 1 and step-mom to Nick 8.</div>
December 26th, 2007, 07:42 AM
CBMS
Quote:
Goodness Kim you just had a baby! Take some time to relax and recuperate for a bit![/b]
Well, I kind of am... my ILs are coming up in a bit to make lunch, and they're staying here until Scott gets home tonight. They're making dinner before they go. My SIL is coming up to take pictures of my little man, too. And my princess, I'm sure. So I'll have help... the problem I have is them coming into the house while it's so icky and cluttered and messy.
December 26th, 2007, 07:44 AM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
Kim...don't worry, you don't need to try to get everything done. You just had a baby. Take time to relax and adjust to life with 4!

I am busy, busy, busy. I won't be on much between now and Jan 5th. I have the rest of the week to do laundry, buy some winter clothes, pack, and clean my house. We have to leave the house by 3am on Sat morning. We will be gone a week. Oh I have some Christmas returns to do also...Alexis' pants didn't fit, the digital photo frame dh got me doesn't work... I shouldn't even be on here now....

December 26th, 2007, 07:49 AM
CBMS
Quote:
I shouldn't even be on here now....[/b]

but it's an addiction, and reason is out the window.

December 26th, 2007, 08:57 AM
soninole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kim, cut yourself some slack. You just had a baby and are taking care of a newborn and a toddler.

DH is back to work today and I do not go back til tomorrow. I am enjoying my alone time with my little man. I do not get that much anymore. When he naps I will probably start taking all of the ornaments off the tree and getting the Christmas tree out of the house. I am OVER that thing.

December 26th, 2007, 09:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
It is unseasonably warm here (mid 40s) and sunny. We are contemplating taking down the manger scene from outside. It already had a disaster in the wind storm and looks a little disorganized. I just have to find the motivation to get my butt up and moving!!
December 26th, 2007, 09:27 AM
dzine21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm back at work today. Having my parents scout out the clearance lights I need. I think I missed the thread--CONGRATS!!!!!!!! Welcome Luke!

</div>
December 26th, 2007, 10:16 AM
LindseyMarie's Avatar Professionally Awesome
Send a message via AIM to LindseyMarie
Blegh, It doesn't even feel like yesterday was christmas.

I'm stressing out. I don't have a car right now. I could take it to the shop, but thats BLOCKS away, and Caiden and I would have to walk back, as we don't have anyone who would pick us up. Then, when it was ready, we'd have to walk all the back there. It would take hours to be fixed. I'm upset our holiday money has to go towards that.

Beyond that, today I need to get some cleaning. My friend wants to meet up for a playdate with the kids, but, Well, lets it put it this way: Our streets are spaced out pretty well. I live on O, she lives on E. Thats a long walk. *sigh*

I'm pretty bummed that the week I don't have celeste I can't do something special for Caiden.

Caiden did sleep in bed snuggled with me untill 10. and then he sat up. threw up, and fell back asleep. =-(

After years of trying, 2 years of fertility meds, multiple surgeries, blood draws and needle sticks, some awful pre-IVF complications, and endometriosis and PCOS,
We are done TTC. Praying for peace as we accept this...
Hoping for some comfort after our most recent (and 3rd) surgery and starting Lupron!

December 26th, 2007, 10:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Don't you have insurance to cover the damage on the car? I know you'd still have to pay the deductible, but still better than paying for all of it!
December 26th, 2007, 10:34 AM
LindseyMarie's Avatar Professionally Awesome
Send a message via AIM to LindseyMarie
We just have have liability, or minimum coverage. Not much is covered by that.

After years of trying, 2 years of fertility meds, multiple surgeries, blood draws and needle sticks, some awful pre-IVF complications, and endometriosis and PCOS,
We are done TTC. Praying for peace as we accept this...
Hoping for some comfort after our most recent (and 3rd) surgery and starting Lupron!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search