Kim!

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 27th, 2007, 10:23 AM
gctattoo
I just got the free milk coupie. THANK YOU!! *MWAH!*
December 27th, 2007, 10:35 AM
CBMS
WOWZA! Talk about the postal fairies being on their toes...er... uh.... wings?!

I just sent it yesterday at about 4 PM!

Glad you got it!! Now get some freebie milk.

December 27th, 2007, 10:38 AM
gctattoo
Those postal fairies love us. Oh and trust me, I will be getting me some free milk ASAP. Can you believe it's almost $4 a gallon?! What happens if it just keeps going up? Could I end up spending $10 for a gallon of milk in a few years?
December 27th, 2007, 10:40 AM
CBMS
I don't know. I thank goodness we qualify for WIC. I just wouldn't buy milk if we didn't... I'd do powdered maybe once a week so that I could make it really last, but I would not be able to afford milk if not for WIC. You could always just buy a cow if it gets too crazy.
December 27th, 2007, 10:43 AM
LindseyMarie's Avatar Professionally Awesome
Send a message via AIM to LindseyMarie
Quote:
I don't know. I thank goodness we qualify for WIC. I just wouldn't buy milk if we didn't... I'd do powdered maybe once a week so that I could make it really last, but I would not be able to afford milk if not for WIC. You could always just buy a cow if it gets too crazy. [/b]
*being nosey and had to peak in*

Caiden and I both do Lactaid milk and WIC covers that, but OMG if they didn't I don't know what this poor kid would do. The stuff is almost 5 bucks a half gallon here!!! =-S

After years of trying, 2 years of fertility meds, multiple surgeries, blood draws and needle sticks, some awful pre-IVF complications, and endometriosis and PCOS,
We are done TTC. Praying for peace as we accept this...
Hoping for some comfort after our most recent (and 3rd) surgery and starting Lupron!

December 27th, 2007, 10:46 AM
gctattoo
I've actually thought about getting my own cow. Could you just see me out there milking my cow every morning?
December 27th, 2007, 11:01 AM
CBMS

No; I'd pay to, though...

I know WIC would cover lactaid, but Maddie doesn't seem to do that great even on that; if I give her more than one cup of it, she still gets runs and such. I have pretty much totally switched her to soy. Though now with my abundant milk supply, she isn't doing anything but breast milk again...
December 27th, 2007, 11:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
stupid wic

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/
December 27th, 2007, 11:09 AM
CBMS
Quote:
stupid wic[/b]

Though I do wish they'd cover soy milk, I have nothing against WIC. I am thankful to get what I do get. Maddie is just lactose, and she can still do the cheese, so she gets 4 lb. a month (which I usually wait for a BOGO sale to get even more!) plus her cereal, eggs, and juice. I'd go broke buying all that stuff... I appreciate the WIC. I just think they need to get with it and start supporting the people who absolutely can't have dairy (like your Layne did I spell that correctly?).
December 27th, 2007, 11:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
yes you spelled Layne correctly.

and I loved them for a long time, but I didnt understand why my baby didnt qualify for the milk he needed. It never made sense to me. and they were never nice about it. they always gave me a hard time

My Blog
December 27th, 2007, 11:15 AM
CBMS
That's just sucky that they gave you a hard time, I'm sorry. My WIC is usually pretty good. There's a certain person there I don't particularly care for, but aside from that they're all good.
December 27th, 2007, 11:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
we might reapply soon, but we dont know

My Blog
December 27th, 2007, 11:51 AM
soninole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Teri, it is funny that you mention buying a cow. DH was complaining about milk prices the other day and said "why don't we just buy a cow?" Ummmm.....maybe cause we live on a 10,000 SF lot and have no place to put it....... And the neighbors would probably complain.

December 27th, 2007, 03:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We go through a gallon every other day. My 14 year old is a milk fiend. I have to have a glass every morning as well.
December 27th, 2007, 03:21 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
I haven't wanted milk in a while. Bleh. I used to drink a gallon a day....
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
December 27th, 2007, 07:17 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
I still think milk is gross and unnecessary. Hormones and icky and pus and *gag*. No thanks. Yea, the Dairy Industry likes us to believe it necessary for our bones and whatever else, but they're pretty much crazy. Cow's milk is designed to feed baby cows ... not people. And overpriced too boot. Annoying.
December 27th, 2007, 07:34 PM
gctattoo
I don't drink milk because I've been brainwashed into thinking I need it. I drink it because it tastes good. Nothing like an ice-cold pus-filled beverage to quench your thirst.
December 27th, 2007, 07:57 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
I'm glad fo you, Teri. Now, if they just had a gagging smiley for me to use ...
December 27th, 2007, 08:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I enjoy milk too Teri!! BUt luckily for me, the most I've paid is 3.29/gallon (when I was too lazy to make an additional stop and haul the kid in and out of another store just for milk). 2.99 is the most I usually pay. It's on sale this week at Meijer for 2.50. I'll probably stop in for a few gallons!
December 27th, 2007, 09:04 PM
CBMS
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm... I think I need a glass of pus to go with my second package of swiss cake rolls...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search