Just when you thought things were good ...

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 27th, 2007, 07:20 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
This morning, the propane company stopped by. We have a computer sensor in our tank linked to their delivery system or whatever that alerts them when our tank is 'low'. So, they stopped by to refill it this morning. Yea. How in the hell did we use 300 gallons of propane in 42 days? I just had the stupid thing refilled. Grrrrrr. Hello $540+ propane bill.

Then, I open the mail (finally) and find the electric bill. Our kWh useage nearly doubled this month. Hello huge unexpected electric bill.

I don't know where this house is suddenly went energy crazy, but I'm not pleased.
December 27th, 2007, 07:31 PM
gctattoo
I'm sorry, Mandi. I remember having the propane tank out in the middle of nowhere in MI. I never knew exactly how much it cost to fill it but I knew it was a bundle. We ran out several times in the dead of winter. That sure was fun.

And what's with the giant electric bill? Definitely get to the bottom of that. A low electric bill was for me one of the best things about living in MI so that's an unwelcome surprise.

I hope things get better after this setback.
December 27th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
YIKES!!!
December 27th, 2007, 08:36 PM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Holy Moly!

I take it you have a busy night of shin kicking ahead of you???

December 27th, 2007, 09:01 PM
CBMS
ugh.

I'm so sorry, Mandi.
December 28th, 2007, 04:02 AM
soninole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh no! I am sorry that you have the huge unexpected bills.

December 28th, 2007, 04:22 AM
lillermom99's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That really blows. Can you call the gas company and ask them what on earth they were thinking? Quite the Merry Christmas geesh!

December 28th, 2007, 04:41 AM
xlyingxwhispersx's Avatar Veteran
I live in a 1bedroom apartment and out electric bill is l ike 200$/mo latley!! I have NO idea why!! Im so sorry that you got hit with 2 unexpected things at once!! Its hard
December 28th, 2007, 07:53 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
oh wow... I would be furious!
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
December 28th, 2007, 08:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I know it sucks mandi, but just remember that it could have came last week when you didnt have the money to pay it

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/
December 28th, 2007, 09:04 AM
True enough, Liz. I'm absolutely happy they held out. I'm just less than thrilled about the bills, and the reaction I got from Ben like I somehow was personally responsible for them both. Um, no. I'm the enviro crazy around here, remember? I'm the one who insisted that we not get the idiot space heater for the front porch, but got out voted by the rest. And look, giant bill. Who would like a dose of I freaking told you so, because I have plenty to share.
December 28th, 2007, 09:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well tell Ben that I said his attitude is out of control, and he DOES NOT want me to come up there.

My Blog
December 28th, 2007, 09:17 AM
LOL, Liz. I can just see his face ... "Yea, you better knock it off or Liz is doing some arse kicking." Hilarious Ben face, for sure.
December 28th, 2007, 09:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy

we havent had a good snow here yet, so I'm sure the boys would be thrilled to come up to snow country

My Blog
December 28th, 2007, 09:32 AM
It's snowing as we speak, and will likely continue until late tonight. We have a Heavy Snow Warning, as they're expecting up to 2 inches an hour for awhile. Benjamin, of course, will have to drive through that. Had he left earlier this morning, he'd be almost home by now, but alas ... no such luck. Now I get to worry about it. Hooray.
December 28th, 2007, 09:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've never used propane, but that bill sounds like it would have given me a coronary. Sorry for the unexpected bills-that stinks.
December 28th, 2007, 10:13 AM
We'll really only end up paying about $125/month when you average out the useage year round ... that is unless we use another 300 gallons before it warms up. It's just that we haven't been here a year yet, so it's been difficult to gauge the usage for average purposes. And, we haven't had a full year of monthly payments to ourselves to cover the big payments yet. Annoying. Next year will be better.
December 28th, 2007, 10:41 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not sure how they work it up there, but when we had propane at our old house, they'd come out once a month for 3-4 months in the winter to fill it up to a certain point to make sure we didn't run out. They also would come out if prices were lower and give us a buttload to "save us money". But it wasn't a choice. They did it regardless. I don't miss those days. Sorry you got hit so hard all at once!
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search