Relatively unsuccessful CVS trip... :(

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 29th, 2007, 06:31 PM
CBMS
SO... I went. I took Maddie; left Luke. He was screaming for me the entire time. Another story all together...

I didn't find anything I wanted. No batteries. No oasis. No energy drinks. NOTHING I WANTED!

So I ended up with:

4 rolls of wrapping paper @.75 each
3 bags of hershey's kisses @ .82 each
1 bag of reese's cups @ .75
2 bags of CVS cough drops (they were buy 1 @1.19, get one half off, and were supposed to have EBs back)
2 2liters of coke @ BOGO 1.59

I had a 2/10, and used 7.00 in EBs, and paid .58 and then my stupid cough drop EBs didn't print... They said I have to call the number... grrrrrrrrrrrrr...

now, I am nursing my little man, and then I'll go back out. This time I'll take him; leave Maddie. I have to find my stupid batteries!
December 29th, 2007, 06:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I can't believe you're heading out at this time of night!

December 29th, 2007, 06:35 PM
gctattoo
Kim! Don't go to CVS without checking with me! The EB's aren't printing for the cough drops anymore because of the buy one, get one half off sale. Return them. I heard about this issue on HCW; that's why I abandoned my idea for buying more.

I hope you have better luck at the next store you go to. Come on, monthly deals and batteries. Come to Kim!
December 29th, 2007, 06:37 PM
CBMS
Quote:
Kim! Don't go to CVS without checking with me! The EB's aren't printing for the cough drops anymore because of the buy one, get one half off sale. Return them. I heard about this issue on HCW; that's why I abandoned my idea for buying more.

I hope you have better luck at the next store you go to. Come on, monthly deals and batteries. Come to Kim!
[/b]

That's a bunch of BS, though... the BOGO crap printed--why not these? I only had .58 OOP--they won't give me anything. That means that my EBs were wasted. I didn't even need them; I was just trying to get something rolled. They were in a big bin marked ".99; free after EBs" That pisses me off badly...
December 29th, 2007, 06:38 PM
soninole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That sucks that the ECB's are not printing for the cough drops. I didn't even try to buy any of those this week. Kim, I hope that you find your batteries. Do your stores just not have any or just the ones that you are looking for?

December 29th, 2007, 06:45 PM
gctattoo
I agree that the overlap of sale vs. EB deal sucks. It's like they're doing us a "favor" by having the sale when all they really want is to cheat us out of our monthly deal. I got three of them before the sale. I would've gotten more just to roll if they hadn't changed it.

Do you have coupons for the Breeze2 deal coming up? Maybe you can make lots of money on that deal and they can stick their cough drops right where they belong.
December 29th, 2007, 06:47 PM
Where did the Breeze coupons come from? I am not sure if I have them.

December 29th, 2007, 06:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Breeze coupons are in the same diabetes booklet as the Nova coupons. When I did a return with only change as OOP they gave me a gift card with the return on it (Even better if you ask me bc it won't expire and you can use any portion of it at a time!!)

Luckily I got my cough drops (that I totally did not need after getting 8 bags to do the WAG spe rewards!!) but I got them to get up to $15 to use a coupon!

I am heading to a different CVS on my way to Christmas with my mom and sisters tomorrow so I will check for Oasis or Energy drinks, but I am not holding my breath.

My plan:
2 diapers 17.98
10 pictures 2.90
=20.88

-5/20
-2.90 (10 free pictures coupon)
-3 diapers coupons
-10 EB

I'll still pay a little in tax.

I won't be rolling the EB, but I still have 9.98 left and am hoping to make more with the Breeze deal!

December 29th, 2007, 07:33 PM
CBMS
Well, I just got back again...

ugh.

I did find batteries. I can't believe the other store was totally wiped out. I guess because it's the 24 hour store; I don't know. I went to the other one, and they had plenty. Plus, I swiped a couple peelies for later use if they run this deal again. The peelies were gone at the store I was at last week. So, I got...

1 pack of NB diapers for my tiny boy (he's got tiny little legs like Maddie; it'll be a while before he goes to 1's) @8.99
1 pack of batteries @5.29
1 bag of hershey's kisses (the extra large bag... like my fat arse needs them... but I'm addicted to hershey's kisses) @1.25

used a 5/15, 1.00 batteries, 1.50 pampers, and a 6.00 EBs. It was 2 something OOP. Got my 5.00 EBs for the batteries...

so I spent 13 EBs today and only got 5.
December 29th, 2007, 07:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
But you got quite a lot of stuff, so that rocks!
December 30th, 2007, 10:43 AM
Quote:
But you got quite a lot of stuff, so that rocks![/b]

I agree. It is really difficult to get ECB for diapers. So you did great.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search