Hey Teri...

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 29th, 2007, 06:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I noticed you made a post in the June DDC...

Did you see the post I made about the Huggies wipes and such at Target? I put it in about 1.5 hours ago and not one single comment! Oh well, apparently some people don't care about saving!!
December 29th, 2007, 06:55 PM
gctattoo
Oh yeah, my Medicaid post. I didn't notice your post. I usually only surf the later DDC's. I'll go back there and check it out. I'm not surprised that no one has commented. Apparently the boards are filled with insanely rich people who can't be bothered by saving some money.

I always throw in an invite on posts I see that involve saving money, shopping, etc. And no one notices. In fact, one person just commented the other day that she doesn't shop the sales at different stores because the few cents she'd save wouldn't be worth it or something to that effect. Ok, yeah, whatever.

It's like we're members of a secret club. And we're laughing all the way to the bank with our great deals. Not to mention the free money we (the lucky CVS shoppers of the group) get by "buying" monitors. But I guess free money isn't something the spend-crazy masses would be interested in either.
December 29th, 2007, 07:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It was actually a reply in a post about someone's brother dieing, but I was just shocked to see you over there. Don't worry...when it's slow here I look around too!

I figured at least 1 person might say something...I mean come on...they are all going to have babies in 5-6 months! They'll need wipes! Why not get a great deal on them??

And if they think they can't do much with a few cents, then they obviously don't know us (especially Kim!!!!) Oh well!
December 29th, 2007, 07:07 PM
gctattoo
Oh yeah. I forgot that one was in there too. I was just coasting through the index and saw that post so I had to write something. It's just awful. I used to lurk around the DDC's quite a bit. I always liked to pop in the DDC's when the babies were arriving just to spread my wisdom. I'm a Miss Know It All at heart. I don't do it that much anymore. Mainly because I'm focused on this board much more than I used to be.

I still try to convert people to our frugal ways but it's usually in vain. They honestly don't get it and I don't think anyone can explain it to them. I think you either want to understand or you don't. It could be that most think only poor people use coupons or that it makes you less of a person to do it. That's stupid but I think that's why they won't do it. Oh well. They can think what they like about me, but I save gobs of money and I love it.
December 29th, 2007, 07:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
But aren't some of the girls on here from your PR? So you helped some!

I guess bc I think of it as a challenge to myself. It gives me something to think about...when you are with the kids all day if you dont think of something your brain will go to mush!
December 29th, 2007, 07:15 PM
gctattoo
Yes, there are quite a few from my PR on here. But I don't know if it was me that actually lured them over. I think they felt the silent call of the frugal and followed it to the board. "I think I hear brags and money being saved. I must follow!"
December 29th, 2007, 07:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Whatever works! I like other people saving money almost as much as me saving it myself!!!
January 2nd, 2008, 09:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:

I still try to convert people to our frugal ways but it's usually in vain. They honestly don't get it and I don't think anyone can explain it to them. I think you either want to understand or you don't. It could be that most think only poor people use coupons or that it makes you less of a person to do it. That's stupid but I think that's why they won't do it. Oh well. They can think what they like about me, but I save gobs of money and I love it.
[/b]

Personally I think it's a time issue for most people - back before I had kids and even when my daughter was a baby, I clipped coupons, searched for sales, etc. Now I'm lucky to get everything done each day and if I get dinner on the table, I find it a great accoplishment - maybe I didn't get the roast at the best price I could have if I hit 3 different stores - but dinner is served. If I find it on sale, I'll buy and freeze several - I never turn down a good deal - I'm not above bargains or coupons, I just don't have that much free time. I'm sure it's the same for the others too.
January 2nd, 2008, 09:29 AM
CBMS
Rebecca!!

Some people just don't care, too... I have offered coupons to people when I have extra and I see them buying something I have one for, and I've had them turn them down. Like they just have so much money that they don't need to save a buck or three! For some, yes, it's a time issue... for others, it's an "I don't need to mess with it" issue.

I don't have much time, but it's an absolute necessity, so I *have* to!
January 2nd, 2008, 10:31 AM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
Neccesity is the mother of invention, Kim. Those of us who couldn't survive otherwise find time. It's like magic.
January 2nd, 2008, 02:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I normally just lurk here since I don't have a whole lot to add but when I saw that post, it made me feel bad for anybody who might have read that - I didn't want it to seem like the person who posted that was that shallow and think it's only for the poor so poo-poo on them. Sometimes it's just not easy to do. I think everyone loves a good sale or bargain, it's just that some can't go to several stores for the same week's worth of shopping. I don't think anybody meant anything bad and I certainly didn't - I just wanted to offer another side of it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search