Nice CVS and WD trips

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 30th, 2007, 03:00 PM
gctattoo
CVS:

After seeing the ad today, I just had to run out and grab a few things. I'd seen the preview but I guess I didn't pay that much attention to it or it was different for my region. I don't remember it being as good as the one I got. Here's the lowdown on my deals:

(1) Easy Ups--$8.99 (sale)
(1) Tums 96 ct.--$3.49 (sale)
(1) Kandoo hand soap--$3.49
(2) Colgate Total toothpaste--$2.99 (BOGO sale)
(2) Dawn dish liquid --$1.98 (sale)

Total-- $20.94

Minus $1 Tums coupon, $1.50 Colgate coupon, $1 Dawn coupon, Free Kandoo coupon ($3.49), 4/20 CRT, and $7.50 EB's

Total OOP-- $1.08 with savings of $28.48 and $2 back in EB's from Tums monthly deal

Winn Dixie:

I had two coupons for free products and I wanted to get something so that a 10/50 CRT would print. Well, it worked and a CRT did print--a 10/75! That's a pretty big amount, but I think I can do it. Here's what I got today:

(1) Del Monte Natural fruit cup--$1.25
(1) Pupperoni dog treats--$3.69

minus coupons= $.26 OOP! I had to pay tax on the dog treats and it actually should've been more since the coupon was only good up to $3.50. But the cashier put it in as $3.69. Thank you very much!
December 30th, 2007, 03:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Awesome! Who are the dog treats for??????

December 30th, 2007, 03:47 PM
soninole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Great deals, and yeah, who are the dog treats for?

December 30th, 2007, 04:58 PM
gctattoo
The treats are for Alisha. She likes them.

J/K

We'll give them to my FIL's dog. I just had to get them because they were free.
December 30th, 2007, 05:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:

J/K

[/b]
I feel sorry for the dog that goes to that WD looking for treats and can't find any bc you bought them when you didn't even need them for yourself!!
December 30th, 2007, 05:15 PM
gctattoo
There's a new Petco not too far away. They say it's "where the pets go" so I figured the poor dogs looking for treats can just take themselves there instead. I'm highly unethical, as you can see.
December 30th, 2007, 05:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Gosh Teri, buying dog treats when you don't even have a dog. Tsk, Tsk. What are we going to do with you. I mean, my god, that's like...I don't know...buying a diabetes monitor when you don't have diabetes!

Hehe, j/k!

Great Job!!

And yeah I wasn't thinking the CVS ad was that great until I was looking at it today and realized I need to go tomorrow to get some free lipstick! I'm thinking of throwing in some other stuff too. Haven't made up my mind yet.
December 30th, 2007, 05:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I wasn't thinking earlier about it being the last day for the 5/15 coupon. I should have gotten another pack of diapers, kandoo, and some other things to get to 15, but it's too late now!!! Driving the 15 miles there and back would eat a tank of gas.

I'll just stop Wed during work and get diapers and kandoo with a 2/10. Hopefully score some Breeze monitors too!!!!
December 30th, 2007, 05:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I couldn't justify going to CVS again today because of the gas it would take when I'd be right by one tomorrow morning. The $2/$10s are still good though!
December 30th, 2007, 05:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Same for me, except I'll wait until Wed so that I can check for monitors too!
December 30th, 2007, 06:00 PM
Nicole_M's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:

J/K

[/b]
December 31st, 2007, 09:45 AM
CBMS
Teri--didn't you get free milk?

I need a 10/50. I have to go to Publix today and use up these coupons that expire today and are too good to lose... and I'd love to have a 10/50 to go along with it... booooooooooooooooooooo for not having been shopping lately... booooooooooooooooooooooo I say!
December 31st, 2007, 09:51 AM
gctattoo
Hell yes! I got that free milk the trip before. I love to walk out with zero OOP-- courtesy of you.
December 31st, 2007, 10:11 AM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
Oooooo, thanks for the reminder on the breeze. I nearly forgot already. I'm like the founder of unethical meter buying (or so I hear ... lol), so I'll be first in line for sure.
December 31st, 2007, 10:26 AM
CBMS
Quote:
Hell yes! I got that free milk the trip before. I love to walk out with zero OOP-- courtesy of you. [/b]

GOODY! It worked! Did you give them my phone number? I wasn't sure if it was card specific or not? I wish I could have gotten all my WIC cashed for the other one, but I just didn't go through the milk fast enough... sorry.
December 31st, 2007, 10:43 AM
gctattoo
Since the coupon had the last four digits of your card # on it, I didn't want to take any chances. I wrote your phone # on the back and then recited it to her. And it worked like a charm.

Don't worry about it; I have a nice 10/75 from WD to use this week--that'll buy quite a bit of milk.
December 31st, 2007, 10:56 AM
~Trina~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~Trina~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Trina~
Teri, I might have a couple $2 Easy Up q's here if you could use them

"A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water." -- Eleanor Roosevelt
December 31st, 2007, 11:29 AM
gctattoo
Quote:
Teri, I might have a couple $2 Easy Up q's here if you could use them[/b]
Thanks so much for the offer, but I have plenty right now. I kept finding them in the packages and I'm trying not to buy too many until I know how many she's gonna go through. I have ten packs at the moment.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search