CVS Trip...not as great as I'd hoped.

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 31st, 2007, 07:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I ran to CVS this morning because I had some Covergirl coupons that were expiring today and I wanted to get my free lipstick. I had a whole plan lined out and got threw off because they didn't have any oasis. Darn them! I probably should have dropped my plan to only getting the covergirl plus a little something else to cover the overage I'd have from $/$$ and a CVS covergirl coupon but I thought I'd try to go for the Pepsi deal:

4 12pks Pepsi - $13.34 (should have been right at $20 but there was an unadvertised price on them of 3/$10)
2 packs of Pampers Swaddlers, one sz 1 and one sz 2 - $17.98
2 packs of Charmin - $7.98
4 Covergirl Lipsticks - $14.98
Subtotal $54.28
-$10/$50
-$4/$20
-$2/$10
-$2/$10
-$2 Covergirl CRT
-$1.50 Pampers
-$1 Pampers
-$0.25 Charmin
-$14.98 Covergirl Coupons
-$10.00 ECB
-$7.80 from a Giftcard

OOP was $0.21 with no ECB back .

I just have to finish out the Pepsi deal by getting 2 more 12pks so that I can get that $10ECB though.

I think I'll pair it with some Christmas clearance or some Little Debbie brownies for my hubby if they have them so that I can use some $2/$10 coupons...or I can just get 3 12pks, use my 2 different $2/$10 coupons that expire today (the little flyer ones, I have white ones and blue ones) and a $4.99 ECB and then I'll get the $10 back. I'll be down the $4.99 ECB, the $7.80 from my GC and about $1.25 OOP but CVS gives me enough stuff to where I think I'll live. Most of my ECBs were free for me anyway and the GC was from a Rx transfer so I'm not really out anything.

I hate it when my CVS trips don't go as planned!
December 31st, 2007, 07:23 AM
gctattoo
Did you check on the Breeze?!

Funny how sometimes a sale price messes up a deal and you actually wish it was full price just for the sake of your scenario. We're so frugal.

You still had a great OOP and it won't take much more to hit the $20 on Pepsi. Plus I'm sure you'll be able to find some of the monitors and start raking in the free money to boost your EB's back up.
December 31st, 2007, 08:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I didn't look at this CVS because the manager was hardcore about not using the coupon from the booklet more then once per customer.
December 31st, 2007, 10:32 AM
CBMS
I think I need to look at the ad again... I missed a Pepsi 10 dollar deal. Guess that's what happens when the Kim skim attacks during a nursing session.
December 31st, 2007, 10:40 AM
gctattoo
No worries, Kim--the deal was unadvertised. Sarah found it on HCW.
December 31st, 2007, 11:25 AM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
I was at CVS two (?? ) days ago, and the shelf was full of Breeze meters. Perhaps there's hope this time.
December 31st, 2007, 11:39 AM
gctattoo
Quote:
I was at CVS two (?? ) days ago, and the shelf was full of Breeze meters. Perhaps there's hope this time.[/b]
Did you hide them?
December 31st, 2007, 12:10 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
The thought didn't even cross my mind. I should have, but there are some HCW people that live in GR and go to the same CVS' I do ... so we'll see.
December 31st, 2007, 06:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That's still a lot of loot though!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search