Social Network

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 1st, 2008, 10:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
So, JM was down and I was trying to find you guys on the social network. I was only able to find Teri and Jess. You all should totally sign up and add me, my screen name is April. This way we can still chat when this part of JM is down.

Teri, were you the one that started the coupons group? For some reason that one will not let me accept the membership

January 1st, 2008, 10:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I was looking a bit ago...I only saw you April! I think it's cool that you started the spending/saving blog!
January 1st, 2008, 10:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I never even knew they started one-oops. Let me work on that.
January 1st, 2008, 11:10 AM
gctattoo
Nope, I didn't start a group. I didn't even notice that there is a coupons group. But the same thing happened to me when I first tried to joing the Aug. group. And I believe the reason I couldn't accept it was the person who started it hadn't approved me yet. I saw that mentioned on the host board and that's the explanation they gave.
January 1st, 2008, 11:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Humm, that maybe why. This group has an open membership though, the Aug 06 one was closed, and it did not say membership pending like the others

Maybe I'll start a group for us...would anyone be interested?

January 1st, 2008, 11:23 AM
gctattoo
Do you think that Kim might've started it and not said anything yet? I really can't think of who else would do it. Unless there is a hardcore couponer out there who isn't on our board. Is that even possible?

What kind of group do you wanna start? Specifically a saving money group?
January 1st, 2008, 11:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
This social network thing seems to be just a repeat of what is already here, with a few other things, blogs, etc.
January 1st, 2008, 11:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Do you think that Kim might've started it and not said anything yet? I really can't think of who else would do it. Unless there is a hardcore couponer out there who isn't on our board. Is that even possible?

[/b]
Maybe they're too unethical to post with us
January 1st, 2008, 11:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't think it was kim, unless she has a different screen name on there. The group was named Couponing and Stockpiling Mamas. I have no idea who started it and there is only 1 member, I thought it was you.

I don't have to start it, you or Kim can if you want. I was just going through some major Frugal mommies withdraw when the site was down .

gctattoo
Well, the good thing about the social networking is that we can still communiciate when JM is down. I almost had a stroke when JM was down today when I have an awesome brag to post!

I don't know how anyone would be too unethical for our board. I think we're all only a step away from kicking puppies and mugging old ladies.
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:

[/b]
Maybe they're too unethical to post with us
[/b]

January 1st, 2008, 11:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Well, the good thing about the social networking is that we can still communiciate when JM is down. I almost had a stroke when JM was down today when I have an awesome brag to post!

I don't know how anyone would be too unethical for our board. I think we're all only a step away from kicking puppies and mugging old ladies.
[/b]
How did you know what my resolutions were for 2008 Teri
January 1st, 2008, 11:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
[/b]
SO, where is this awesome brag!!!
January 1st, 2008, 01:29 PM
lillermom99's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That was hilarious Teri! I like the idea of starting a group just in case JM goes down like this am and I sit at my computer and hit refresh. I always imagine that its just my computer and I am missing some huge thing here on our boards. I hate it!

New years resolution: I will not mug or kick a puppy to get to another Breeze 2 monitor......

January 1st, 2008, 01:40 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
Another social networking thing?! Ugh. I'll think about it. I like the possibility of having another way to get in touch with each other, but I hate adding another thing to check to my list. I'm already on the other two major social networking sites, and I never check those either. But ... because I love you ... if someone starts a group, I'll probably find my way up there.
January 1st, 2008, 01:42 PM
lillermom99's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just asked April and Teri to be my friends! I feel like I am in second grade....

January 1st, 2008, 02:56 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
I have a profile there...but I never venture there. I may have to do that though.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
January 1st, 2008, 04:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to GinaOfAllTrades
The person that started it was Tonyarn. She/He is the only member and it says adinistrator next to thier name.

I am on the Social networking also under this same name.
January 1st, 2008, 05:00 PM
CBMS
Quote:

[/b]

It weren't me. If I had started a group, I would have told you all to get your bootays in there! I just joined. I'm "FrugalChic"

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search