Going Home

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 1st, 2008, 10:31 AM
dingledine's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to dingledine Send a message via Yahoo to dingledine
Today I go home. I have been in Portland for 11 days. Tomorrow I get my mail. (dummy mail people apparently sent me a delivery notice and that one of my packages would get sent back if I didn't respond, they did the same when I had my mail on hold over Thanksgiving... why would they do that if I have a HOLD on my mail) Hopefully everything arrives properly. I traded some jewerly I made for a pair of brand new Stride Rites for Evan in one of his future sizes. Woot.

I am super tired and I feel like a 2 year old on 1 hour of sleep with a hangover... even though I had nothing to drink last night. I must be dehydrated.

I am thrilled to be going home.

Also, I am going to get the digital piano that I have wanted. DH promised we would get a piano... for the last 6 years. I have learned that unless I make the moves and take the steps... it ain't happening. The one I want is at Costco for 500.00 and I got 200.00 towards it for Christmas. I will get it next week, then I can FINALLY get Matthew piano lessons, he has natural talent and he used to be interested, but his interest has faded, which is sad. I will require one year of piano and if he still doesn't like it, no problem.

Tomorrow, (after I buy groceries) I start my raw veganism, which I am going to do as frugally as I can. If this is a reasonable thing that I can do to help fix my osteoarthritis, high chol, high trig, fatty liver, overweight and any number of other problems... I am all in. The nice thing is, I can have as much to eat as I want of any raw vegan food. Any raw vegan dessert is healthy and filling, any entree, is healthy and filling, any side is healthy and filling... etc. When I did it for 2 weeks in Nov, I lost 5lbs and felt really good. This time, it is going to be a lifestyle change, that was just a test run. No use starting a lifestyle change like that a few weeks before going to someone elses house for almost half a month.

SO VERY glad to go home today. Hoping for a safe, traffic free ride home.

DH and I also came up with a few reasonable relationship helps with while we have been down here. Let's see how it goes. I have decided I am determined and all in. His computer time is somewhat negotiable and mine is totally and easily negotiable as are most things in my life. There are only a few set in stone things for me and I like it that way. He is all in all a good guy and we have a lot of things going for us. I know what I need to work on and he knows what he needs to work on. (Him... computer time/family time balance, me... organizing/cleaning issues)

Jewelry for yourself, or for a friend. Breastfeeding aides, beautiful bracelets, earings and more.

Store.beadsarebeautiful.com
January 1st, 2008, 01:26 PM
lillermom99's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am glad you are getting your piano and that things with DH are looking up! WTG for making a lifestyle change!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search