Kris, Sarah, and others that are preggers/have new babies...

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 1st, 2008, 06:12 PM
CBMS
http://www.darlingshoes.com

GO THERE! Adorable shoes for ultra cheap.
January 1st, 2008, 06:14 PM
jenniferleighxo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to jenniferleighxo
wozers! they are cheap! awesome find!

</div><div align="center">

</div>
January 1st, 2008, 06:31 PM
fennifer's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi kim & everybody! Do you remember me?

I still stalk you guys! I barely come on as much as i used to though. I just wanted to say nice find on the shoes! $2 a pair! I think i might get a boy pair and a girl pair so i'm covered either way!

(btw- congrats on anderson! I'm happy for you )

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my siggy!

January 1st, 2008, 06:37 PM
CBMS
Thanks! Of course we remember you.

I may or may not have ordered 21 pair of shoes and slippers and six pair of socks.
January 1st, 2008, 06:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I love how we're not yet preggers just quite yet but you know me well enough to know I'll still be buying shoes, lol.
January 1st, 2008, 06:40 PM
CBMS
And for that price, WHY NOT?!
January 1st, 2008, 06:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for the info. I'll have to wait until June though!
January 1st, 2008, 06:51 PM
soninole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OMG, those shoes are soooo cute. I want to order one of each and I am not even thinking about having another child.

January 1st, 2008, 06:54 PM
CBMS
Quote:
Thanks for the info. I'll have to wait until June though![/b]

Oh, Kris... for those prices, you can get a few pair! There's a boys' and girls' two pack for only 1.75! You can get one of each, pay very little, and use whichever ones you need. The others can be sold at a yard sale or consignment shop.
January 1st, 2008, 07:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What are the best sizes to get? I probably won't be putting shoes on until the baby gets a little bit bigger, maybe 4-6 months or so.
January 1st, 2008, 07:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'll have to think about it...I realize it's super cheap, but I already have shoes and why buy more if I won't need them?
January 1st, 2008, 08:00 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Wow that is fantastic! I've been looking for shoes. I bought him one pair at Walmart and DH took him out the first time he wore them and lost one! UGH!

They don't have too many in the sizes he'll need but they do have some. Thanks for the info!

January 1st, 2008, 09:18 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didnt think about it...I just did it. But I got quite a bit and only paid 11.75! I got bigger sizes, sizes for right away and 2 pr of the puppy slippers!!! I think I also got a pair for DD. Heck IDK I was just clicking...add to cart add to cart
January 2nd, 2008, 05:32 AM
CBMS
Quote:
I didnt think about it...I just did it. But I got quite a bit and only paid 11.75! I got bigger sizes, sizes for right away and 2 pr of the puppy slippers!!! I think I also got a pair for DD. Heck IDK I was just clicking...add to cart add to cart [/b]

That's what I did, too.

Sarah... the prewalker shoes are mega cute on babies. They're soft, so they don't mess up their little feetsies. If you really want to wait until 4 to 6 months, I'd say maybe size 2? I don't remember, isn't that sad? It's only been just under 2 years since Maddie was little... I suck like that.

I got sizes 0 through 4... and I got a couple pair for Maddie that I found in the bigger sizes (she's in a 6 now). I figure anything that doesn't get worn can easily be sold at a yard sale or something.
January 2nd, 2008, 05:37 AM
gctattoo
Wow, finally proof that I'm the cheapest person on the board! Alisha didn't have shoes until she could walk. In fact, even several months after she started walking. Here's a metaphor for ya: I don't own a motorcycle so I don't go around with a helmet on my head. Alisha didn't walk so she didn't go around with shoes on her feet. Waste of money, IMO.
January 2nd, 2008, 05:41 AM
CBMS
But they're so freaking cute. I love shoes on babies. I didn't spend money on Madeline having any; they were all given to us. However, I'd have had at least two pair that I paid for (one dress, one tennies) if I hadn't gotten them free. I just think they're cute as heck...

(and they help keep their feet warm. )
January 2nd, 2008, 05:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Teri - I'm sort of thinking along the same lines but like Kim said they are too cute! (So small!) I don't want to put them on before they get a little bigger though. (I got mostly size 2.) They look a little uncomfortable on the newborns who like to curl their toes up. I guess that's what they make the soft soles for though. I did buy a pair of the slippers in a 0 though. I think the only time I'll put shoes on in the first few months is maybe for Christmas pics.
January 2nd, 2008, 08:22 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
I'm with Teri. Anthony didn't wear shoes until he could walk (size 4). Anastasia can walk but not well in shoes so she doesn't wear them often. She's in a size 1-2.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
January 2nd, 2008, 08:54 AM
MichelleB.
I agree on keeping their feet warm. That's the only reason Sky wears shoes. And because they are cute.
January 2nd, 2008, 08:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
we dont put shoes on babies until they can walk and well

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search