Soy Joy bars at CVS

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 3rd, 2008, 03:31 PM
gctattoo
Is anyone planning on doing the monthly deal for these nasty things? The deal is $4 EB's wyb 4 for $1.29 each. Plus there's a printable on their website for $1/4 and a BOGO in the Feb. issue of All You. Not entirely free, but not a bad way to roll some EB's in a pinch. I'm mad at myself because I missed out on a better EB deal just because I didn't read the thread about it on HCW until today. Apparently they were 20 for $20 with $20 in EB's back.

Oh no! Y'all better stop me; I'm gonna buy more stuff I don't want and won't use!
January 3rd, 2008, 03:34 PM
CBMS
They actually aren't all that bad. I kinda like to have one with a glass of water when I'm doing my regular walking and working out... I just might do the deal since I'm going to be trying to get back in shape here pretty quick...
January 3rd, 2008, 03:36 PM
soninole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I saw that deal on HCW and didn't even look when it expired because I tried one of those and totally hated it. BLEH!

January 3rd, 2008, 03:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was thinking about it. I'm still drinking my energy drinks from last month.
January 3rd, 2008, 03:40 PM
gctattoo
Kim, I will send them to you if you want. I'll get as many as I can just to roll my EB's and you are welcome to them all. I think it's one thing I won't be trying.
January 3rd, 2008, 06:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
The deal is 4EB when you buy 4 and they are on sale for $1 each, limt of 5 sets per card, that's how they get the 20.

I did this deal on Tuesday (I hoped they wouldn't check the 12/31 expiration on my coupons.)

Purchased:

Breeze 2=9.99
3 Soy Joy bars=3
-9.99 coupon
-2/10
-b2g1 coupon

0.01 OOP

I did that 3 times, so .03 for those.

Then I did 11 bars=11
Used a 2/10
Used $3 off 10 purchase
Used EB and change (threw away my receipt)

So roughly 6 and change of EB/cash to get 20 EBs. Hubby tried one and said it wasn't that bad either!
January 3rd, 2008, 07:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I just did this deal today!

I got 20 bars and 1 CVS toothbrush. I used a $4/$20 Diet and Nutrition CRT, a $3/$15 and a $2/$10 (on a sidenote I've recently decided to only use multiple $/$$ if my purchases add up right and of course I screwed up the very first time, I wanted 2 toothbrushes but they didn't have them and I forgot to take the $2/$10 out). I also used 2 $1/4 coupons and 1 BOGO coupon. I paid with a $10 ECB and .99 OOP and got back $22.99 in ECB.

Edited to say DH and I opened one to try it and mmm, yeah the dog ended up with it.
January 3rd, 2008, 07:14 PM
gctattoo
Thanks for the info, Kris.

It'd be nice if HCW had the right information on their spreadsheet. They have it listed as $1.29 each so I just assumed that there were two separate deals and that the sale price of $1 each was over. I'll have to buy the 20 all at once to take advantage of the 4/20 nutrition CRT's I have (one each on two cards). The website only lets you print two of the coupons and I certainly don't want to buy alot of the All You mags. So the deal might not end up as profitable as it could be, but still worth it to me in the end.
January 3rd, 2008, 07:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Thanks for the info, Kris.

It'd be nice if HCW had the right information on their spreadsheet. They have it listed as $1.29 each so I just assumed that there were two separate deals and that the sale price of $1 each was over. I'll have to buy the 20 all at once to take advantage of the 4/20 nutrition CRT's I have (one each on two cards). The website only lets you print two of the coupons and I certainly don't want to buy alot of the All You mags. So the deal might not end up as profitable as it could be, but still worth it to me in the end.
[/b]
Regular price was 1.29 each. All YOu had one BOGO coupno, so it wouldn;t be worth buying an extra since it would cost you more than the coupon would save you! And the other coupons were crappy anyways!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search