Anyone else...

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 3rd, 2008, 08:01 PM
MichelleB.
...think that this Breeze deal is such a more pleasant experience than the Nova Max deal? I have got 5 so far and have had NO problems. Maybe these cashiers finally got this whole coupon thing down??? I had such problems with the Nova Max deal EVERY FREAKING TIME. I even have 4 raincheck left for the Nova Maxes and I just can't bring myself to snag them up even though the shelves are full of them now.
January 3rd, 2008, 08:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, the day I got the 3 Breezes at the one store it was a young kid and he rang it up with no problem and no comments or questions! The 2nd store only let me use 1 of the coupons, but better than nothing! However , I haven't found any at 2 other stores, though.

I have seen only a few of the Novas. How did they write your rain check? Will you still be able to get a gc or something for the 20EB?
January 3rd, 2008, 08:11 PM
CBMS
I haven't even tried yet. I had such bad luck with the novas, that I'm sure I won't find any. Besides that, I'm afraid to leave the house! I have all four kids home right now, and I am scared. I have to go out soon, though, so I'm building up the nerve. lol Is this a week thing or a month thing???
January 3rd, 2008, 08:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It's all month Kim. I hope you get some better luck with this than you did with the Novas! Do the girls go back to school on Monday? Hopefully then you can start to have some kind of routine and hopefully get out there to shop/save!!
January 3rd, 2008, 08:21 PM
CBMS
They go Tuesday, but that's a good thing since I have an appointment an hour away for the baby on Monday. I may need their help--a LOT! My little man does NOT like riding! yikes. He really seems to like my oldest, though. I went to the store tonight, and he started to cry, but she got him quiet again right away. When his daddy was here with him, he screamed his fool head off... so I think Rina may be pretty good help with him.
January 3rd, 2008, 08:22 PM
MichelleB.
Yea the raincheck says money card in lieu of EBs. I have used one already a few weeks ago. It's just such a pain in the ***** to do.

The word is out though on the Breeze's. Last night I went to one store and got 2 and the lady said someone was just in and bought 5. Then today and went to another store because I had seen 2 there two days before, so I went in to snag them and sure enough they were gone. But the store 2 minutes from my house had 6! I only got 3 though. I am hoping the other 3 will still be there waiting for me tomorrow.

Kim, I can barely go out with 2 kids! I would definitely wait until school is back in. LOL
January 3rd, 2008, 08:24 PM
CBMS
You should have hidden them. Miss unethical-pants, Teri would have.
January 3rd, 2008, 08:26 PM
MichelleB.
Totally thought about it, but 2 CVS employees were unloading there stuff in that same aisle! I love load days at CVS. Probably explains why they had 6 of them there.
January 3rd, 2008, 08:30 PM
gctattoo
So you did think about hiding them! I'm glad my unethical-ness is rubbing off. You know what though? If someone truly wanted one of these things, you'd think they'd rifle through them all just in case. I know I do. So I don't feel bad at all for hiding them. Too lazy to look for them? You snooze, you lose when Teri's around.
January 3rd, 2008, 08:33 PM
MichelleB.
I totally agree. When I was on the Nova Max prowl I could seriously feel my face light up when I saw that yellow and blue box.
January 3rd, 2008, 08:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
So you did think about hiding them! I'm glad my unethical-ness is rubbing off. You know what though? If someone truly wanted one of these things, you'd think they'd rifle through them all just in case. I know I do. So I don't feel bad at all for hiding them. Too lazy to look for them? You snooze, you lose when Teri's around.[/b]
I always did that when I was looking for a Nova and at the 2 stores I didn't find them I looked through all of them!
January 3rd, 2008, 08:40 PM
gctattoo
It still feels weird to me to NOT look for Novas. I saw two on the shelf the other day and was a little sad when I realized they mean nothing to me now. But how freakin' exciting was it to see them just a month ago?

I agree that the Breeze deal has gone alot easier than the Nova did. Maybe it's because I've gotten used to holding up the line and being all nervous until the receipt prints out my EB's. Or because I've gotten really easy managers who don't mind me buying out their store's supply. I don't know but I like it.
January 3rd, 2008, 08:43 PM
MichelleB.
I hate that all the employees recognize me at my neighborhood CVS' though. One kid calls me "the most efficient CVS shopper" and once told me (joking of course) that they have a code for when I come in.
January 4th, 2008, 05:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
It still feels weird to me to NOT look for Novas. I saw two on the shelf the other day and was a little sad when I realized they mean nothing to me now. But how freakin' exciting was it to see them just a month ago?

I agree that the Breeze deal has gone alot easier than the Nova did. Maybe it's because I've gotten used to holding up the line and being all nervous until the receipt prints out my EB's. Or because I've gotten really easy managers who don't mind me buying out their store's supply. I don't know but I like it.
[/b]
Who doesn't like free money????
January 4th, 2008, 07:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
i think it will be easier with the breeze's cuz they are a more well known product that they sell more of, so they will keep them in stock better

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/
January 4th, 2008, 10:50 AM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
We can hope. I think I may go looking today. I'm like Kim, still anxious from the hassle I got las time around.
January 4th, 2008, 06:07 PM
soninole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was shot down tonight on buying a Breeze with the CVS coupon. The manager said that they got an email stating that they would not allow the coupon because it was already on sale. I told her no thanks on the Breeze and left.

January 4th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I was shot down tonight on buying a Breeze with the CVS coupon. The manager said that they got an email stating that they would not allow the coupon because it was already on sale. I told her no thanks on the Breeze and left.[/b]
I had the same experience. I left the monitor as well.
January 4th, 2008, 06:41 PM
MichelleB.
I hope that doesn't trickle out my way. I just got 3 more today and though it was a pain, I managed to get the deal done and my EB's and was on my merry way.
January 4th, 2008, 07:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh no, say it isn't true!!!!

I have my 5, but am hoping to get more with a new card as soon as it gets here!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search