Target told me NO!

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 5th, 2008, 12:11 PM
Regular
I went to the Target store closest to my house to get some of the free/cheap wipes you all have been talking about. I went in and got 2 of the 1.97 x-mas packs thinking I'd be ok since there was an overage and I was only going to use one coupon WRONG!!! I get to the cashier and she says "we can only take this for whats pictured on the coupon" I said "what it says on any huggies product" she calls a manager who told me they had just been coached on this and can only take it for whats pictured. So no wipes for me. I walked away. I'll try another store later I could really use the wipes. I am disapointed because this is the first time I've ever tried to use coupons at Target.

January 5th, 2008, 12:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Mmm yeah they were wrong. Sorry that happened!
January 5th, 2008, 12:33 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
It shows wipes in the picture! Ugh I would have told them where they could stick the wipes....but I can get mean like that sometimes!

January 5th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That totally stinks! Especially since you would still be owing(the only time I was denied was when I was going to have overage from the coupon). ANd don't the coupons say any 2 Huggies products, not Huggies prodcuts shown here....I have to print some more and head out later!!!! Good luck on another try!
January 5th, 2008, 01:32 PM
CBMS
I"m sorry. Call customer support. I think that Jess has the number. On speed dial. LOL

I'd call. When I called to complain about the target by me, they sent me some coupons. I still don't go to the target by me, though. I'd rather drive to the one farther away.

I used mine with a tub of wipes (2.39) and a tub of the cleanteam wipes (2.84). I had the 3.00 target Q, a .75 wipes Q, and a 2.00 cleanteam Q--for an overage of .52, and had no problem. And I did it twice--back to back. And I did a small wipes and a tub of wipes, and they didn't have a problem with that either. It doesn't specify what--it just says, "ANY TWO HUGGIES PRODUCTS." I'd call.

In the other hand--is it really all that bad to get the wipes with a little OOP? I am getting some tubs for .14 each after the coupons, and I don't mind.
January 5th, 2008, 02:05 PM
soninole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That really stinks that they turned you down like that. I would call customer service and complain. I think that they were wrong.

January 5th, 2008, 02:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
If I could get tubs for just a little OOP I would, but my tubs are so much more! 2.64-2.99 a piece!!!
January 5th, 2008, 02:15 PM
CBMS
Quote:
If I could get tubs for just a little OOP I would, but my tubs are so much more! 2.64-2.99 a piece!!![/b]

Even at 2.64, x2, with two .75 Qs and the 3.00 Q, it isn't too bad. .78 for two tubs?! I happen to know you have some .75 coupons... (or you will, if you don't already)
January 5th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:
If I could get tubs for just a little OOP I would, but my tubs are so much more! 2.64-2.99 a piece!!![/b]

Even at 2.64, x2, with two .75 Qs and the 3.00 Q, it isn't too bad. .78 for two tubs?! I happen to know you have some .75 coupons... (or you will, if you don't already)
[/b]
I don't yet...but when I do I'll be sure to put them to great use! Thanks again!!
January 5th, 2008, 03:21 PM
Regular
I went to Target Greatland which apperently is not as great as some other Targets. They too told me I had to have what is pictured so I bought the 2.39 tubs because you're right, paying .89 per tub is still a good deal.

transaction 1
2 tubs @ 2.39= 4.78
-3.00c
=1.78
+.14 tax
1.91 OOP

transaction 2
1 20oz dt coke 1.27
6 tubs @ 2.39= 14.34
-9.00c
=6.61
+.41 tax
7.02 OOP
really it was no OOP for me because my mom gave me 20.00 towards anything for the baby. I'm putting it to good use.

as a bonus I got 22 box tops for my 6yo off these wipes.

January 5th, 2008, 03:37 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
Apparently, the people at your Target are illiterate. The coupon says "good on any ...". It does NOT say "good on any pictured ...". You're right, they're wrong. Call customer service. Throw a giant fit. Explain the simple literacy issue to the management at Target. They can come up with another reason why not to take them, but their current one isn't good enough.
January 5th, 2008, 04:36 PM
jenniferleighxo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to jenniferleighxo
that is TOTAL BS! I can't believe that, just because we're smarter than they are, they are going to use that as an excuse? I think NOT! Call Customer Service and make a HUGE deal .

</div><div align="center">

</div>
January 5th, 2008, 05:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I went and got 10 more 40 cts tonight. The cashier commented on the awesome job! So far I've only had 1 problem. I also think it is funny that the one Target that is the Greatland is worse than the regular Target!
January 5th, 2008, 05:59 PM
gctattoo
This is a touchy issue with me. I got into a huge fight with a cashier and a manager at WAG over this very thing. My coupon said "Any Tampax" but showed the Pearl. They still think to this day that I could only use it on those crappy overpriced Pearls. Grrrrrr.... Oh, and they told me that the intention of the coupon was the Pearl. Coupons have intentions now, do they? We have to go by what is written on the coupon unless the "intention" that's interpreted by the manager conflicts with that. Say what?
January 5th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree...and bottom line...with the Tampax coupon why does the manager really care???? Either way they'll send it in and get their money back from Tampax! As for Target, why put out the coupon if you don't want people to use it????? They need to fully research all the possible combos to be used with the coupon to make sure they are doing what they really want to do!
January 5th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
This is a touchy issue with me. I got into a huge fight with a cashier and a manager at WAG over this very thing. My coupon said "Any Tampax" but showed the Pearl. They still think to this day that I could only use it on those crappy overpriced Pearls. Grrrrrr.... Oh, and they told me that the intention of the coupon was the Pearl. Coupons have intentions now, do they? We have to go by what is written on the coupon unless the "intention" that's interpreted by the manager conflicts with that. Say what?[/b]
Coupons have intentions, next they'll have feelings
January 5th, 2008, 06:14 PM
soninole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:
This is a touchy issue with me. I got into a huge fight with a cashier and a manager at WAG over this very thing. My coupon said "Any Tampax" but showed the Pearl. They still think to this day that I could only use it on those crappy overpriced Pearls. Grrrrrr.... Oh, and they told me that the intention of the coupon was the Pearl. Coupons have intentions now, do they? We have to go by what is written on the coupon unless the "intention" that's interpreted by the manager conflicts with that. Say what?[/b]
Coupons have intentions, next they'll have feelings
[/b]

January 5th, 2008, 11:41 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
"I'm sorry, ma'am, you can't use that coupon, you hurt it's feelings."

Muahahaha.

I think that would be the day I gave up couponing. No thanks, I've saved enough money. I'll just pay full price.

Riiiiiiiiiiight.
January 6th, 2008, 08:53 AM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Target tried to do that to me with my Johnson and Johnson coupons. She handed one back to me, and I go...dont you need to keep that. She goes oh I cant use it cause its for lotion and you only got body wash. I look at it, and yeah it has PICTURES of lotions, and I said, well it says ANY JOHNSON product. So she reads it and goes OH ok...sorry!! But sometimes people are just idiots, serioulsy why does the manager, clerk WHOEVER care, it dont directly effect them, they get thier money BACK!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search