Oh Teri.....

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 5th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How come I don't see your info in the challenge....come on...you wouldn't want us to think our host is abandoning the challenge!!!!
January 5th, 2008, 06:27 PM
gctattoo
Guilt trips don't work on truly wicked people. The challenge is Kim's thing. So I gracefully bow out, knowing that its creator is still participating. I wasn't even in the challenge for several months when it first started. I worked really hard last month and still didn't win. Didn't even have a shot since there were special circumstances for the month-- basically negating what I'd accomplished. So that's it for me. No hard feelings, just not doing it anymore.
January 5th, 2008, 06:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It won't be the same without you!!!
January 5th, 2008, 06:44 PM
gctattoo
Kim has always said it's more of a way of challenging yourself to do better than a competition against other people. Last month, I proved to myself that I can do it. Sure, I had some help from the Nova EB's, but I did work pretty hard on cutting back all around. And at finding the best ways to maximize the money I did spend. Could I do better in the future? Yes, probably. But I'm happy with what I've done and that's enough for me.

I'll still brag plenty though. You won't even notice I'm not in the challenge. And it'll give someone else the chance to post the mid-month challenge check.
January 5th, 2008, 08:46 PM
CBMS
Quote:
Guilt trips don't work on truly wicked people. The challenge is Kim's thing. So I gracefully bow out, knowing that its creator is still participating. I wasn't even in the challenge for several months when it first started. I worked really hard last month and still didn't win. Didn't even have a shot since there were special circumstances for the month-- basically negating what I'd accomplished. So that's it for me. No hard feelings, just not doing it anymore.[/b]

Get your ARSE in there, woman. You should do it just to keep track. I usually go over, too, but it's nice to know just where I stand. If I didn't keep track in there, then I'd never really know. I didn't pick any winners last month because it was kind of skewed because of the novas and because some people went over as a result of the holidays/holiday cooking, cutting back the budget because of the holidays and not being able to do it, etc... You should at least join. I will never win, but it's still fun to keep track.

Now, get your ARSE in there, I say
January 5th, 2008, 08:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
SEE....I'm not the only one who thinks you should keep track with us!!

January 5th, 2008, 09:19 PM
gctattoo
I can keep track all by my lonesome.
January 5th, 2008, 09:38 PM
CBMS
Quote:
I can keep track all by my lonesome. [/b]

Don't be a party pooper.
January 5th, 2008, 11:32 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
Aw, Teri. I kind of feel bad that you don't want to play anymore. Not bad enough to not win, mind you, but bad nonetheless. I haven't won a grocery challenge in months, and I'll be darned if I'm not giving it a fighting chance this time. I so never keep track in the challenge thread. I should, but I never remember to. I just post my results 90% of the time, and even then, it's if I remember ... and if I think I have a fighting chance. Yea. I play the game the same way you do.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search