TWO 0.00 OOP CVS trips!

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 5th, 2008, 08:38 PM
CBMS
OK... so I was on the prowl for the breeze 2's... but I had to compromise.

The first transaction:

one contour glucometer 14.99 on sale
2 CVS toothbrushes

had a 5/20 CRT that expired today and a 50.00 contour that adjusted down to 15.97! woot!

OOP: 0, EBs printed: 5.98 for the toothbrushes and my 3.50 quarterly.

Second transaction:

since I got overage on the first one (and I had misunderstood the stupid sale ) another contour 14.99
3 packs of slimfast on sale for 5.99
4 soy joys on sale for 1.00 each
2 bottles of vitamins 7.99, supposed to be b1g1 50% off
1 travel pack of playskool wipes 1.99

then because it rang up wrong (the vitamins rang up BOGO instead of the second being half off, so I had to add a little for my 10/50 to work!)

4 hershey bars on sale 4/2
1 ice breakers gum

coupons used: 10/50, 1.00 playskool wipes, 2.50/10 CVS brand products (they pushed it through!! ), 4/20 diet and nutrition, and a 50.00 contour that was adjusted down to 32.63! woot!! Printed: 3.00 for the slim fast (1.00 each), and 4.00 for the soy joy--NOW... it should have printed a 1.00 for the hershey's too, so I'll be calling. A buck's a buck.

Savings on trans #1: 85.97
Savings on trans #2: 128.75

January 5th, 2008, 08:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
WOW-so they just adjusted the coupon to the total that was left? THat's good too! I assume the savings listed inlcuded the savings from the monitor?

January 5th, 2008, 09:05 PM
CBMS
Quote:
WOW-so they just adjusted the coupon to the total that was left? THat's good too! I assume the savings listed inlcuded the savings from the monitor?[/b]
yep. Makes me wish they had even more contours and I'd had even more of the 10/50s. I'd have gotten tons of crap if I had everything just right. I'll probably never get so lucky again as long as I live! LOL
January 5th, 2008, 09:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Did you get one of those nice young cashiers who don't care???
January 5th, 2008, 09:10 PM
CBMS
The first one was the one lady that I like so well at the new, really nice CVS that I talked about being the first truly nice CVS cashier I've met, and she's actually a manager... and the second was a young kid (but he was assisted by the manager; it was the manager that adjusted it down to cover everything). woot.

I usually have A-holes at my CVS's so this is a treat for me.
January 5th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
You deserve a treat!

I'm off to bed now!
January 5th, 2008, 09:17 PM
gctattoo
You're a brat.

Wow, you got overage twice? You're a super mega brat. I've never gotten overage at CVS in my life. I guess that kinda makes up for all those coupons you didn't get to use. But don't use up all of those CVS monitor coupons-- the Contour is having the same deal as the Breeze the week starting the 13th. Limit of one though. But that means 4 for me. Woot! If I can find more coupons.

Nice job on the zero OOP, brat.
January 5th, 2008, 09:18 PM
xlyingxwhispersx's Avatar Veteran
Holy Moly Kim!! Thats amazing! Im shocked!! Now, do you think of these transactions when your in the store, or do you do it at home before you go to CVS?
January 5th, 2008, 09:43 PM
CBMS
Teri--I found a motherload of the Diabetes books! I only grabbed three, but I'll get more tomorrow.

And Ashley--I kind of have it in my head what I'll get, but then it's subject to change. They're usually out of something that's in my head, so I have to get something different...
January 5th, 2008, 10:09 PM
gctattoo
Quote:
Teri--I found a motherload of the Diabetes books! I only grabbed three, but I'll get more tomorrow.

And Ashley--I kind of have it in my head what I'll get, but then it's subject to change. They're usually out of something that's in my head, so I have to get something different...[/b]
You may be a brat. But you're a lovable brat. Thank you!!
January 5th, 2008, 11:26 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
Nice job. I'm so jealous of your overage as well. Awesome luck on the cashiers for sure.
January 6th, 2008, 06:45 AM
soninole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is awesome, Kim. You totally deserved that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search