Raspberry Preserve Muffins

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breakfast Dishes LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 29th, 2004, 09:16 PM
BluesCluesMom
This muffin recipe is one of my favorite ways to wake up in the morning. It only makes four muffins, so it is perfect for breakfast in the morning for my husband and I, or for two children to share for breakfast. This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled for larger breakfasts. The best part about this recipe is that I make it the day before, spoon it into the muffin tin and then freeze it. I wake up in the morning, place the frozen muffins in the oven, bake, and can be eating them for breakfast in less than 30 minutes after I wake up. Like all muffin recipes it is also quick and easy to make in the morning as well. Use your favorite thick preserve or marmalade in this recipe.

3/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons melted and cooled butter
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) raspberry preserves

If you are making the muffins and planning on baking them immediately, preheat your oven to 375 degrees and line four muffin cups with foil liners. In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a small bowl beat the egg, and add the sour cream, sugar, butter, and vanilla. Mix until well blended. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just barely moist. Do not overmix. Place 1 tablespoon of batter into each muffin cup and top with a tablespoon of preserves. Pour the remaining batter over the preserves. Cover and freeze the muffin tin until the next morning if desired. Bake for 18-22 minutes, until lightly browned and the muffin springs back when pressed. Baking time is the same even if the muffins are frozen when they enter the oven. Let the muffins cool in the pan for at least five minutes and eat hot.

Makes 4 muffins.

Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 22 minutes
Cooling Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 37 minutes

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search