Reasons

Forum: Pet Owners and Animal Lovers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pet Owners and Animal Lovers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 5th, 2010, 09:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What were your reasons/why did you decide to adopt/purchase your pet? Why did you choose to bring your pet into your home?
January 6th, 2010, 05:38 PM
Jarheadwed's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love dogs, I can't imagine life without one. Or two, lol. I just think they are so much fun, so entertaining, and give so much enjoyment.

January 6th, 2010, 08:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Originally we got Lucas for our son really. My husband REALLY wanted a boxer and really wanted a dog for our kiddo to grow up with. I was terrified of larger dogs, but finally said okay and I'm SO glad I did it's been GREAT. Now I can't imagine life without 1-2 of them for sure!
January 13th, 2010, 02:47 AM
Veteran
Though I did not have any plans of getting a pet for myself, my mom gave me a cat as a gift and I loved it.. Now my days are boring without him.
January 28th, 2010, 12:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MomtoAnnaLise
I love dogs, but had never had one. I think I mainly wanted good company and an excuse to get outside and moving. I chose a greyhound because I worked and still work nightshift, and it is helpful for sleeping to have a dog that doesn't bark often or get extremely territorial. She is also very easy to groom, and very mellow as long as she has an area large enough to run circles in twice a day.
January 28th, 2010, 07:43 PM
MzRoo's Avatar Veteran
At the time I was lonely and homesick so I got my dog because I wanted a companion.

January 29th, 2010, 09:06 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
I love animals, period. I can find any excuse to bring a new one home... lol

Right now, I have fish and a dog.

I've had the fish for years, and it actually took some convincing for me to actually consider them. What's exciting about fish, right?

Well, once I got researching, I fell in love with aquascaping and the many many types of fish and water creatures. I love that a fish tank is relaxing and a very rewarding hobby.

As for my dog, I had dogs my whole life. After moving out to attend university, I nearly went bonkers without a dog. I knew it wasn't practical to have a dog at that time, so my boyfriend and I waited until I was just about done school. Then we got Rufus! Rufus is an English Setter, and we chose his breed because D wanted a dog he could bird hunt with, and I wanted a "pretty" dog. I had other hunting breeds growing up, but never a Setter. When I researched his breed, I found that their typical "high energy outside, couch potato inside" personalities would fit us pretty well. He's turned out to be the best dog I have ever owned/known!

February 1st, 2010, 05:09 PM
RainDreamy's Avatar THE GAME
We're all incorrigible animal lovers. I think I need a pair of horse blinders for my husband whenever we go anywhere where a stray pet or pet for adoption might be (which is EVERYWHERE here) - he has ZERO self control when it comes to dogs. Especially scraggly strays. I love animals, though I'm not much a fan of most cats, and the kids all love animals.

We'd better get grandchildren who live close by soon after/before our youngest leaves home, because if we don't have kids in our lives, I'm convinced DH would become the crazy dog hoarder and I never can say no to a pet either.

We always wanted our kids to grow up with pets, as many as they'd like. Our two shelties are the perfect city and country dog, perfect for our active family with kids and we love the breed, DH has had shelties his entire life so it was a natural choice. Our C. King Charles was a gift to me from a very dear friend, he's 11 now and in pretty poor health And our mutt was an example of DH's inability to resist homeless pets. He went to Petsmart to pick up a heated blanket for Franklin (our spaniel) and called me from there and said they had a litter of shepherd/border collie mixes for adoption, and there was a really sick one that was just soooo cute, and that I needed to come down RIGHTTHEN. I knew I wouldn't win (LOL), so Kira, Emmy and I went down and fell in love with this sick, malnourished, puny little 10-week-old black-and-tan-brindle fuzzball, who has grown into an energetic, loving, healthy, amazing 65 pound dog.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search