Do you chain up your dog?

Forum: Pet Owners and Animal Lovers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pet Owners and Animal Lovers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 23rd, 2004, 11:47 AM
MinnesotaMommy
outside I mean?

Yes, we live in town.
August 23rd, 2004, 02:17 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to HippyChickKelly
If She is in the front we do but if she is n the back nope! (WE have big yard and its fenced in!!

Te dog hates to be chained up
August 23rd, 2004, 02:28 PM
alyssasmommy2001
Nope. We have a fenced in backyard. That is how we lost our last pup. We chained him up, and someone took him off of the chain while we were gone.
August 23rd, 2004, 05:19 PM
YankeeMom
No. I couldn't do that to my furbaby (and that's not judging anyone else, I just couldn't do it). She's so good. Our backyard isn't totally fenced (just on the back and one side) and she doesn't take off ever. She does her business then we go back inside
August 24th, 2004, 03:07 PM
mom2one's Avatar Super Mommy
I don't chain him up b/c he is confined in the back yard and is safe there. He has run of the house and yard while we are at work. He is a chow chow, you don't chain up a chow chow. They are independent and do not like being confined. I had to put him in the garage one day when he was getting out of the back yard and I had no where to put him until we fixed the fence, well he clawed and scratched at the door and the vent openings until his paws bled. I had no idea!! I was sooooo sad and felt horrible for that. He has to be able to see over the fence out to the street, so dh put a ledge for him to jump up on so he can see the goings on, or he would bark all day or try to get out by clawing the gate.

He hates to be confined.

Not a crate dog for sure!

Oh out in front, we do put a rope on him, but it's a dog run that dh attached to the top of the garage beam and codie and walk back and forth along the driveway and enough to lay down in the grass, he is a guard dog, so we have to b/c he barks and is very intimidating to others, although he wouldn't bit, he is just 100lbs or so.
August 25th, 2004, 05:30 PM
Ma2RayPooh
my big dog no, she has a under ground fence that keeps her in the yard. my little dog has yet to get a collar so she get tied out when she has to go use the potty but right when she is done and sitting by the door she comes back in. while we are not at home both of them have free game of the house.
August 27th, 2004, 01:53 PM
threeboyznme70's Avatar Veteran
When we are out front and distracted, yes. She should be ALL the time out front, but Ron just doesn't get it.

Becuase of her breed (American Pit Bull Terrier), it's not safe to leave her tied out front or even confined to the back yard when we aren't at home. So, if we leave, we muzzle her and put her in hte basement (where she has a nice comfy recliner and a tv). The muzzle is because she gets pissed off at us (I say us, but it's MY stuff that she chews up) and chews.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search