What's your style?

Forum: Pet Owners and Animal Lovers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pet Owners and Animal Lovers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2010, 08:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
There are so many different types of dogs and cats to fit an array of people's lifestyles and personalities. So what's your style?

Are you a dog or cat person or both?

If you prefer dogs:
Do you like tiny, teacup pups, mid-sized canines, or gentle giants?
Do you prefer a shaggy or smooth coat?
Do you like an alert watch dog or a quiet observer?
Do you like a couch potato or an energetic dog?
Why do you prefer these traits?

If you prefer cats:
Do you like petite kitties or big panther-like cats?
Do you like fluffy fur or a sleek coat?
Do you prefer a wild hunter or a laid back cat?
Do you like cats that are more independent or ones that love to snuggle?
Why do you prefer these traits?

May 7th, 2010, 11:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Are you a dog or cat person or both? I'm both, but prefer dogs over cats at this point...but love and have both.

If you prefer dogs:
Do you like tiny, teacup pups, mid-sized canines, or gentle giants? large to giant breed
Do you prefer a shaggy or smooth coat? either one
Do you like an alert watch dog or a quiet observer? alert watch dog
Do you like a couch potato or an energetic dog? somewhere in the middle
Why do you prefer these traits? We believe that the point of having a dog is for a family companion but also for protection. So we want a great family pet who loves people, kids, etc but who is also willing to rip off an intruders arm.

If you prefer cats:
Do you like petite kitties or big panther-like cats? the bigger the better
Do you like fluffy fur or a sleek coat? don't care
Do you prefer a wild hunter or a laid back cat? somewhere in the middle of the two
Do you like cats that are more independent or ones that love to snuggle? Both, I don't want velcro kitty but I don't want a cat that doesn't ever want human attention either.
Why do you prefer these traits? I tend to like larger animals and I want an overall good rounded personality
May 9th, 2010, 01:32 PM
Arya's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Are you a dog or cat person or both? I love both, but I'm partial to cats.

If you prefer dogs:
Do you like tiny, teacup pups, mid-sized canines, or gentle giants? I love big dogs.
Do you prefer a shaggy or smooth coat? Shaggy
Do you like an alert watch dog or a quiet observer? I have always had watch dogs when I was younger, so now I would enjoy a really friendly dog
Do you like a couch potato or an energetic dog? Somewhere in the middle
Why do you prefer these traits? I like bigger dogs because they are cuddly and I don't have to watch my every step to not hurt them

If you prefer cats:
Do you like petite kitties or big panther-like cats? I have a big cat and a petite cat, and I like them both equally
Do you like fluffy fur or a sleek coat?I love fluffy furs, even though they're harder to take care of
Do you prefer a wild hunter or a laid back cat?I have one of each and love them both equally. My Lola, the hunter as I call her, gets into all kinds of troubles hehe
Do you like cats that are more independent or ones that love to snuggle? Again, I have one of each. Lola loves to cuddle up, and Baby is pretty independent, although he gets his cuddle moments too. Love both their personalities
Why do you prefer these traits? I can't really explain why, I just love them. I don't think I could not love any cat, no matter what kind of traits he/she has
May 10th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the responses!

Are you a dog or cat person or both? I have and love both, but I am more partial to dogs.

If you prefer dogs:
Do you like tiny, teacup pups, mid-sized canines, or gentle giants? I like medium to big dogs.
Do you prefer a shaggy or smooth coat? Smooth.
Do you like an alert watch dog or a quiet observer? In the middle.
Do you like a couch potato or an energetic dog? In the middle as well.
Why do you prefer these traits? I like a dog that I can give a big hug and play rough with. I prefer short hair, because it's just easier IMO. I like when my dogs bark at a doorbell or outside sounds, I think it helps deter potential robberies, but too much yapping can get annoying. I love walking my dogs, but I don't want a dog that will go crazy if I have/need to miss a walk.

If you prefer cats:
Do you like petite kitties or big panther-like cats? Either.
Do you like fluffy fur or a sleek coat? Sleek.
Do you prefer a wild hunter or a laid back cat? More laid back.
Do you like cats that are more independent or ones that love to snuggle? In between.
Why do you prefer these traits? I think big, muscly cats are cool, but there is something sweet about the little petite ones. I have a Persian right now and though I love her dearly, her hair is CRAZY! I have decided no more long haired kitties after her. I like more laid back cats because they seem to cause less trouble, hehe, and I like an independent cat that enjoys cuddling up for a nap now and then.

May 16th, 2010, 06:19 PM
Dragonfly7's Avatar Regular
I love all animals but I'm a huge dog person.

If you prefer dogs:
Do you like tiny, teacup pups, mid-sized canines, or gentle giants? -- I have two small Chihuahuas but I love all size dogs! Hopefully we'll get a big dog in the near future!! =)

Do you prefer a shaggy or smooth coat? -- I love dogs that aren't so furry because it's just my style. I wouldn't refuse a shaggy dog though if it was homeless and it found me.

Do you like an alert watch dog or a quiet observer? -- Both!

Do you like a couch potato or an energetic dog? -- Energetic! they always are up and about but when they knock out they are out!!

Why do you prefer these traits? -- I don't know why! lol I love my dogs to death though!

♥My Youtube♥

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search