Dog People!

Forum: Pet Owners and Animal Lovers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pet Owners and Animal Lovers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 14th, 2010, 04:37 PM
my.estrella's Avatar Ashley
If you have dog(s) what kind do you have? What have been your favorites? Why?

We had a Westie and Scottie when I was very young. Next we had a Rottie X Aussie, and then a Lab X ?, and now my dog is also a Lab x ?. I love the Lab attitude, they're very sweet, very people dogs. Our Rottie X Aussie was incredibly intelligent, and easy to train. And our terriers were just great dogs. I think I love my Lab mutts the best though.
May 14th, 2010, 05:57 PM
Arya's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't have any dogs right now, since I've been married, but before I was married and lived with my parents we had two dogs, Rocky and Teddy. Rocky passed away couple of years ago and Teddy is still with my dad.

This is Rocky, he is a Border Collie Mix. He was so smart and such a good dog.

This is Teddy, he's a Siberian Husky. OMG, he's the most loving dog ever. I miss him to bits since I don't live close anymore. I love Huskies, they are adorable.

I guess my favourite breed would be Golden Retriever (what's not to like!) but when we decide to get a dog later, we'll be adopting a shelter dog, and hopefully we'll be able to find a Lab or a Retriever mix
May 14th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have two dogs right now, a dachsand something mix and a pit bull. I love both my dogs very much, but we have decided the only dogs we will own from now on are rescued pit bulls. They are just incredibly sweet, loyal dogs who love to love you and the breed needs to be saved! Plus they are so smart and super cute!

May 14th, 2010, 09:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
awww, pitty rescues! thats awesome far too many people give them a label they dont deserve

i have chihuahuas and i just adore them! i grew up with a lab mix(who was such a love!) and never thought i would want small dogs-but here we are! and i can't imagine it any other way
May 15th, 2010, 04:08 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Having owned my first English Setter for just less than 2 years now, I will forever be a setter owner. I LOVE his personality and hard-working attitude in the field.

He's such a loving, intelligent dog!

May 15th, 2010, 11:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We've had 3 Boxers and 1 German Shepherd (that we've owned personally) and one Border Collie that we rescued on the side of the road at 6 weeks old, raised for 8 months and gave to a rescue after she was healthy.

Our first Boxer and our current GSD have by far been my two favorites.
May 16th, 2010, 07:40 AM
Amanda_Marie's Avatar Mommy to Owen
Currently we have a sheltie. I had a sheltie growing up and I just love their energy and loyalty. Once we get a house were dying to get another dog, probably a rescue.

My mom has two Goldens that I grew up with until I got my own place, Dakota and Starr. Dakota is my baby and I fought and begged my mom to let me take him with me, but she wouldn't let me...but that's ok because I live two minutes away

My entire family has dogs and when we get together we all bring our dogs..my inlaws have a pug and Irish setter, my BIL/SIL have a pug, and my other BIL/SIL have a pug and cockapoo

Wrigley Bear

Thank you Tasha_Mae for my beautiful siggy!
May 19th, 2010, 06:44 AM
JJsmom's Avatar Veteran
I used to not like dogs at all. I was always scared of them even if they were tiny, but two years ago, my BIL was going off to college and needed to find a homefor his puppy which is a dachshund/Jack Russell terrier mix. My DH was wanting a dog and this one was free so I said ok. I fell in love immediately and he's completely changed my view of dogs. I'm now a dog person. His name is JJ and he's just the cutest thing with the best personality. And it's funny bc he was going to be my DH's dog, but he's mine. He loves me more lol.
May 20th, 2010, 11:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MomtoAnnaLise
I love my rescued greyhound. I also used to be terrified of that, but having cleo and being around all of my IL's crazy labs has changed that

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search